Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net
I nearly bought the same one, but then I noticed you removed the feet. You think it will still fit with the feet attached? I suppose not. ?

On that note: do you guys think the feet are useful, apart from the design aspect? I don't have a fan at the bottom so not sure if that clearance is really that important for airflow?

Did anyone try to mount very slim fans between the feet? 12mm slim ones? Bad idea?
It will fit with feet on. But it will take longer time to zip.

Reactions: KriZ

VladG

Chassis Packer
May 3, 2019
For those of you with a Gigabyte X570i, I can't recommend getting a Scythe Big Shuriken 3. Mine just arrived today and won't fit in the horizontal position, unlike an NH-L12S. Just a heads up. ;(
(The VRM heatsink on this thing is stupidly huge, honestly.)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
For those of you with a Gigabyte X570i, I can't recommend getting a Scythe Big Shuriken 3. Mine just arrived today and won't fit in the horizontal position, unlike an NH-L12S. Just a heads up. ;(
(The VRM heatsink on this thing is stupidly huge, honestly.)
You can't rotate it 180 degrees? So that the cutout in the heatsink is over the ram slots?

VladG

Chassis Packer
May 3, 2019
You can't rotate it 180 degrees? So that the cutout in the heatsink is over the ram slots?

I found no way to even mount it in that position with the included mounting brackets (How did you do it? I even tried using the Intel brackets). That said, I was only interested in replacing my NH-L12S if I could mount it so that it doesn't cover the RAM slots, but since that option's out, I think I'll prefer sticking to the cooler that's just as large as can fit in here anyhow.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I found no way to even mount it in that position with the included mounting brackets (How did you do it? I even tried using the Intel brackets). That said, I was only interested in replacing my NH-L12S if I could mount it so that it doesn't cover the RAM slots, but since that option's out, I think I'll prefer sticking to the cooler that's just as large as can fit in here anyhow.
I used the AM4 mounting, could only mount 2 ways, either with the cut out over the ram or over the VRM heatsink. I didn't realize you were going for ram clearance.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Here is the full album. I still have one final mod to do with the case. I have to make 2 square cutouts on the stand vents panel where the feet is. That way intake airflow is much better. Other than that, this is my build front and back :)

How are temps with the 2nd radiator?

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
im still working on my build, i had a slim 120mm at the bottom as exhaust and 2 fans at the top for exhaust. removing the bottom exhaust reduced noise and made no difference in temperatures, so im just using that area for cable management now. The radiator holder just needs to be modded to be less restrictive now