Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I have the 34mm Swiftech radiator cooling my delidded 8700k and RTX 2070, was just playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and max single core temp was 63C with 55C being the average. GPU was 50C max and 45C average. Might be the thicker rad and might be mine being top mounted, I am getting about 5C better than when it was bottom mounted. How fast are you running your pump and fans?
Idk how to set the pump speed through Asus bios. For fans I have it set to silent setting. Might have to set it to fixed 1500rpm for noctua fan speed.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Idk how to set the pump speed through Asus bios. For fans I have it set to silent setting. Might have to set it to fixed 1500rpm for noctua fan speed.

Is the DDC pump on the Phanteks PWM? If so you should be able to adjust the speed by which fan header you have it hooked to, if not it is probably running 100%. I would try increasing your fan speed to see if that gives some improvement.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Is the DDC pump on the Phanteks PWM? If so you should be able to adjust the speed by which fan header you have it hooked to, if not it is probably running 100%. I would try increasing your fan speed to see if that gives some improvement.

I think. It runs at 2500rpm

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
And I just ordered stack expansion unit and I live in Southern California. I wonder if it I will get it faster since the warehouse is in LA?
Easier way to test if top/bottom config makes thermal difference is to turn the case upside down and change the rad fan direction. Since all screw holes are symmetrical, you can install the top/bottom panel either way. This should require minimal work and doesn't affect your loop?
Might be difficult because the res can't be upside down

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Hey, that's the least I can do for you. Another stack will be on the way for you. Will send them out this coming week.
Oh dang. I just ordered one too...do I cancel my order? Im reorganizing my custom loop to put rad on top instead for now :)

And thank you so much. Didn't expect that at all. I love the case and im not giving up on it. :)

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Here is the finished build...for now.
Finished build. Dealing with high CPU temps but can be fixed with another 240mm rad on top.
During GPU stress test, it got to 54°c maxed. CPU temps are normal but I kinda expected because I would need another rad and I might order one from bykski since most of my watercool parts are bykski except the phanteks glacier r160 due to short height to fit :)

Parts used
Noctua pwm fans
Xspc tx240 slim rad
90° fittings and barbs from bykski
Bykski CPU am4 waterblock with oled
Bykski zotac 2060 amp/2070 mini block
Phanteks glacier r160 w/bykski ddc pump

Build:
2700x
Asus x470i
Zotac rtx 2060 amp
Corsair sf600 gold
Team force nighthawk rgb ram

How difficult was it to build?
Do you think a rigid tube loop would be possible?

Also, are Bykski products good? I was a little put off by them because I've never used them.
(Apologies for so many questions haha)

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
How difficult was it to build?
Do you think a rigid tube loop would be possible?

Also, are Bykski products good? I was a little put off by them because I've never used them.
(Apologies for so many questions haha)
Its easy if you have rad at the bottom. Difficult if rad on top because of the gpu block and power supply. And im redoing my loop and adding in a thicker rad (x flow ocool rad) on top for better cooling. And I also plan to do dual rad when I get the other stack unit.

They are good indeed. I used the blocks and it works like a charm. Real test is when it's fully completed .

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Ended up buying an EVGA Black Edition 2080. Ti's performance to dollar ratio just isn't there still, but the 2080's have come down low enough that its at least decent enough and it will be a worthy upgrade to my Titan X Pascal. I'll throw up pictures of it installed when I get it in my grubby paws. Added bonus, the power draw will be less on my little 600 W Corsair PSU. It won't be as blingy as the Titan, but it will look cool all the same. If I end up switching down the road to AMD based on how these new chips and boards perform then I will just go for the murdered out monochrome color scheme.

Even for the Titan X, I found the best combo heat wise with the GFX card was to go glass on the side of the case that has the AIO/MB to show off the lights and mesh on the left to allow the GFX card to draw in better air. It didn't fair as well, by at least 5-7 degree's C when I had glass on glass on glass. Granted I have no custom length cables so some of the space I could fit a Noctua fan below the PSU to help draw in air is taken up by corsair cables I stuffed back in their.

Just an aside, I live in Ellensburg, WA in the middle of the state and its summer, with no AC except my own fan and windows in my office/work bench area, so the temps will reflect that. I will take an ambient read of the temps outside to get some idea of comparison.Overall I've been impressed with the little case and glad I got to test it, its a slick little rig and fits perfect for the aesthetic and size I was shooting for.

Last edited:

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
Once my steck arrives, hopefully soon :p
I'm gonna see if the Evga hydrocopper 2080ti will be able to fit in the steck with enough room for a rad, otherwise Just gonna do 120mm aio on the gpu and an asetek 92mm on the cpu.
Anyone here know if there are mounting points for the asetek 92mm on the stack unit?

Edit: also would it be possible to fit the asus impact dtx board at all or is that not possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Longbow072

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Bykski ddc pump reservoir combo. What do you guys think? Should fit quite nicely in the stack unit? 180mm length, should have room for another 92mm or 120mm fan next to it? About USD70 from Aliexpress (not including the pump).

UPDATE: guess the Phanteks used by @Mistercloudz (R160?) is even better in size

Last edited:

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Bykski ddc pump reservoir combo. What do you guys think? Should fit quite nicely in the stack unit? 180mm length, should have room for another 92mm or 120mm fan next to it? About USD70 from Aliexpress (not including the pump).

UPDATE: guess the Phanteks used by @Mistercloudz (R160?) is even better in size

The only 2 ways they will fit:
1- (stack unit on bottom) using slim rad and slim fan below Psu

2- (stack unit on top) modify cutout on the spine if you're using stack on top instead of bottom (which is what im doing now). This has to be done because the DDC pump is going to touch the spine wall of the case and will stick out if not modified.

Im doing 2nd because of one stack unit build.

I have the 180mm reservoir from bykski and r160 phanteks glacier. It's easier to use the phanteks reservoir because of the size and ease of use for the tubings.

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
ETADIK Nvidia... I order up a 2080 and you come out with the "Super" cards.

Not sure if I should return the EVGA 2080 Black Edition card as address error delayed shipment in order to wait for a better price on a 2080 or get a 2070 Super which is performing almost on par.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I have to install rotary fitting in order to fix the leak fitting. So I should hopefully have it done today since I order them on Amazon same day delivery.

And for now I will have x flow rad on top with 2 push exhaust noctua fans.

I will keep the 2nd top hat installed on bottom with 2 fans for intake fans for now. I will do dual rad once i upgrade to ryzen 3700x AND 2060 super mini from zotac. If I will upgrade, I will do it all at once.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

kiroshi

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 25, 2019
The only 2 ways they will fit:
1- (stack unit on bottom) using slim rad and slim fan below Psu

2- (stack unit on top) modify cutout on the spine if you're using stack on top instead of bottom (which is what im doing now). This has to be done because the DDC pump is going to touch the spine wall of the case and will stick out if not modified.

Im doing 2nd because of one stack unit build.

I have the 180mm reservoir from bykski and r160 phanteks glacier. It's easier to use the phanteks reservoir because of the size and ease of use for the tubings.

You think one 240 aio for CPU in a top stack and one 240 aio for GPU in a bottom stack would work?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
You think one 240 aio for CPU in a top stack and one 240 aio for GPU in a bottom stack would work?

I think it should work, no reason why not. If it was me I would use the vented side panels and have both AIO fans set to exhaust, that way you are getting fresh air in the sides and cooler air to both of the AIO. If you use the TG side panels you will either have to intake from top and exhaust out the bottom or the reverse of that, either way you will be drawing the waste heat from first AIO into the second AIO.