Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Is there a right/wrong way to position it?

There are a couple of thoughts here:
1.) Heat pipes behave differently depending on their orientation. Horizontal is a neutral position. Vertical where the re-flow of condensed water is aided by gravity can improve their efficiency. Of course with the NH-L12's 180 degree bend, once the fluid hits the turn then its acting against gravity. I'd say that in this case, horizontal will likely be better.

2.) Fin orientation with respect to airflow. If you have a top to bottom flow, having the fins oriented parallel to that will be most beneficial.

Given those two points, I'd probably recommend orientation 2.

To all that have built there case, how did everyone install a 120mm fan underneath the PSU? there aren't any screw holes

Double sided foam tape.

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
I have a matte black base and stack unit for sale if anyone is interested. Ordered this case thinking it would fit an EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 but it has just a bit of fitment issues, so I'm selling. PM me for more info. The base unit is not in perfect condition, the stack unit is new, only unboxed to see contents. I have photos of all blems.
I just order this case and have evga ftw3 1080ti on the steck website it says that it does fit?

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
Update 31 Mar 2018 - Specification & Features
Update 2 Apr 2018 - Stack Design Concept
Update 13 Apr 2018 - 3D CAD Design
Update 14 Apr 2018 - Stack CAD Design
Update 29 Apr 2018 - Case prototyping #1
Update 2 May 2018 - Case prototyping #2
Update 13 May 2018 - Case & Stack Unit prototyping #1
Update 28 May 2018 - Case & Stack Unit prototyping + colour sampling
Update 16 Jun 2018 - Case & Stack Unit prototyping + colour sampling

Update 8 Jul 2018 - Making of sheet metal stamping mould - 1.5 months to complete
Update 26 Jul 2018 - sheet metal stamping mould production underway
Update 22 Aug 2018 - Some photo updates, first 20 units made with bulk production tooling! A milestone!
31 Aug 2018 - Colour Sampling
8 Sep 2018 - Cases ready to ship to community testers soon!. New company setup "Nouvolo", this product will be named "Steck"
4 Oct 2018 - Sign up for community testers available!
2 Nov 2018 - Nouvolo Steck community tester pack all sent out
17 Jan 2018 - Website launched (www.nouvolo.com)

I just order this case with the stack bundle I have evga ftw3 1080ti I just came across a post on these forums that it can not fit in the case? On your website under gpu it says it supports it.

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
COOL!
Can I ask if you can show me a top view and side on the RAM side to check the clearance? Could you remove the RAM with the L12 mounted?

So impatient to receive my stuff!!
Is that a evga ftw3 1080ti? does it fit in the steck case?

BlackJesusBR

What's an ITX?
Jun 2, 2019
Hello! I'm new here and hope not to bother with questions that might be already answered in this thread!

Ordered a Base with Steck for a upgrade from my actual SG13 (awating for longer VGA and R7 3700X in July ;) ). I would like to know if a EVGA CLC 240 would actually work with this case. I can purchase a H100i Pro, but EVGA is fairly cheaper with same warranty time and best performer (putting A12x25's too).

If i put the Steck in bottom i can Flip all the case? I wanted to use the AIO as intake and a slim A12x15 as exhaust near the PSU...

Oh, someone here did order from Brazil? Any ETA? What is the Carrier? Asking because our National courrier is quite a mess...

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
i'm thinking of choosing this case for my first mini itx build!
though, i'm concerned about thermals of my Radeon Vii, can anyone share their experience of their gpu thermals?

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
i'm thinking of choosing this case for my first mini itx build!
though, i'm concerned about thermals of my Radeon Vii, can anyone share their experience of their gpu thermals?
In my case I have a 1060 Strix overclocked as far as I could and it never surpases 60°. I have thr tempered glass on the CPU side only, so with the AIO sucking air it helps to expell the hot air from the GPU and let her breathe from the holes in the panel. I think it's a really good case in terms of cooling if you use all the exhaust you can to force air to enter from the GPU side.

Reactions: BlackJesusBR

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Hello! I'm new here and hope not to bother with questions that might be already answered in this thread!

Ordered a Base with Steck for a upgrade from my actual SG13 (awating for longer VGA and R7 3700X in July ;) ). I would like to know if a EVGA CLC 240 would actually work with this case. I can purchase a H100i Pro, but EVGA is fairly cheaper with same warranty time and best performer (putting A12x25's too).

If i put the Steck in bottom i can Flip all the case? I wanted to use the AIO as intake and a slim A12x15 as exhaust near the PSU...

Oh, someone here did order from Brazil? Any ETA? What is the Carrier? Asking because our National courrier is quite a mess...

You have to choose a cooler with moving tubes. I have the H100i Platinum and it fits nicely, but I could compare it with the Fractal Design Celsius S24 form a friend and I can tell you it will not fit absolutely. If the tubes come out straight from the pump, choose anything else.

Also about the situation of the AIO, I have it on top exhausting air, and temps are amazing. Inverting it causes positive pressure if you use the AIO as intake, which will result in higher temps as the GPU will see air escaping through its side, while to fighting to get some air from outside.
Check this video, it shows that negative pressure in this kind of sandwich cases is the best scenario:

Missingchoco

Cable Smoosher
Jun 3, 2019
Hi all, lovely to see such an active community. Was perfectly happy with my ATX case, but after discovering this place I’ve developed the urge to fill a need I never had. ?
After weeks of consideration finally ordered the Steck, here’s to hoping it arrives before the long weekend in Australia.
Thanks for the tips on exhaust and side panel modding, definitely would like to try those soon.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I swapper rtx 2070 for zotac 2060 amp for size and use of waterblock. I plan to have the full water cooling build by end of this month.

VeeTeeF

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Just ordered my frost white Steck base+stack bundle after lurking here and on Reddit for the last couple weeks. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to the east coast (US, Northern VA)?. Currently using a white SG13 and looking for something with more flexibility/quality/pizzazz. Also looking for a change of pace because I've gotten bored after a year+ with the same case (I get bored easily).

I'll probably upgrade to a Ryzen 3600X (from an i7-4770) once they release. Not sure if I'm going to use a 240mm AIO or NH-L12S as I already have the Noctua. For $15 extra over the base Steck it made sense to get the base+stack to leave my options open. I'll be using a Corsair SF600 and a Zotac 1070 ti mini as well (unless Navi lures me to upgrade). I'll make sure to post pics when I get it all together.

dave99

Efficiency Noob
Apr 10, 2019
Just finished putting my build together (well except the ram, which should be delivered today), went together pretty easy.. well, we'll see when it gets powered on when the ram arrives.

Couple of suggestions for V2 or V3:
1) on the spine itself, instead of L connections to the front and rear plates, a T connector that offers 2 top and 2 bottom screws on each panel might offer more strength and help keep things more in square.
2) the single ssd bracket is too tall, it just wastes space that could be used for cable management.
3) permanent magnets built into the side & top panels instead of the stick-on strips. They just don't have enough holding power (not the adhesive, the magnet themselves). It doesn't take much at all to knock a panel off.
4) move the PSU mount up a couple centimeters, can't use the space up there for much, could do more with the extra space at the bottom.
5) With the PSU moved a bit, a slim SSD mount might be possible inside the front cover above the power button, leaving the bottom mount area for a fan.