Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Diisii

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2019
Does this case come with a protective plastic flim, like the Dan case? Is it necessary or is it just literally a plastic sheet?

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Does this case come with a protective plastic flim, like the Dan case? Is it necessary or is it just literally a plastic sheet?
No it doesn't, if you mean for the partitioning. We feel that it is not necessary as the boards don't touch in practice. The riser card is sandwiched in between separating the spine and the gfx card.

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Finally done. Took me 2hr.
Managed to squeeze in 2* SSD. Believe a 3rd SSD is possible by using the provided SSD rack, however the holes are on the spine are not suitable due to the length of my GPU, hence I moved a bit to the right & stick it with 3M tape.

Btw, is there a 120mm fan mount under the PSU? I stick it with 3M tape ... again,

Now realised my phanteks evolv atx is a monster

Last edited:

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
How's thermals? I worry your CPU and GPU will get a bit warm without using the perforated metal side panels.
me too.

Currently at idle, ambient temp = 27c

w/ glass panel
CPU (Intel 8700 + Cryorig C7) = max 55c. GPU (Zotac 2070 mini) = max 49c

w//o any panel
CPU (Intel 8700 + Cryorig C7) = max 42c. GPU (Zotac 2070 mini) = max 40c

w/ metal panel
CPU (Intel 8700 + Cryorig C7) = max 43c. GPU (Zotac 2070 mini) = max 40c

Guess I will stick to the perforated metal side panels

Last edited:

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Finally done. Took me 2hr.
Managed to squeeze in 2* SSD. Believe a 3rd SSD is possible by using the provided SSD rack, however the holes are on the spine are not suitable due to the length of my GPU, hence I moved a bit to the right & stick it with 3M tape.

Btw, is there a 120mm fan mount under the PSU? I stick it with 3M tape ... again,

Now realised my phanteks evolv atx is a monster

Neat setup, the comparison between ATX and this is just amazing. The same power crammed in a quarter of the size

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
w/ glass panel
CPU (Intel 8700 + Cryorig C7) = max 55c. GPU (Zotac 2070 min) = max 49c

A max of 55C for an i7-8700 & 49C for the GTX 2070 are really good temperatures, so I would use the glass panels if you like them better. Did the i7-8700 reach the maximum of 55C under gaming, or was this at 100% load?

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
A max of 55C for an i7-8700 & 49C for the GTX 2070 are really good temperatures, so I would use the glass panels if you like them better. Did the i7-8700 reach the maximum of 55C under gaming, or was this at 100% load?
I believe he stated those were idling temps

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Sorry, I misread @evq's post. I misread it as 27C for the idle (instead of ambient). Yeah, even 43C is higher than I'd feel comfortable for idle. What are your full load temps?
I have not stress it yet. Maybe will do it this weekend.

davinsaputra

Chassis Packer
Mar 27, 2019
awesome build! will do mine next weekend. Thanks for the glass side panels picture. I think the perforated metal panel looks sleeker and more convienient. At first i want to put the gpu with glass side panel, but i decided not too.

I have no idea what to do with my stack unit haha

Also, as Jay from tekeverything stated, the LED is really bright, is there a way to dim it?

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Yes they were idling temp. And with the glass panels, the fans noises r pretty loud. I am using back the metal panels. Sad.

That's a nice set-up...and I can't get over how small it is!
I'm going from a Corsair 750D (another monster of a case) to this as soon as I've bought all the parts.
It looks like you've done a really good job with the cable management too.

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
awesome build! will do mine next weekend. Thanks for the glass side panels picture. I think the perforated metal panel looks sleeker and more convienient. At first i want to put the gpu with glass side panel, but i decided not too.

Also, as Jay from tekeverything stated, the LED is really bright, is there a way to dim it?
Thanks.

Yes, the LED light is a bit bright, but I am ok. Maybe my old setup got more lights. hahaha.

I also have no idea what to do with my Stack. I got it just in case I want to go into AIO or use it as addtional HDD. But since i can squeeze in 3* SSD, & have a NAS, so i may not go for extra HDD.

Do post ur setup. thanks

Last edited:

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
That's a nice set-up...and I can't get over how small it is!
I'm going from a Corsair 750D (another monster of a case) to this as soon as I've bought all the parts.
It looks like you've done a really good job with the cable management too.
Thanks

wow, 750D is huge. Agreed, I also still have not get over the size of this case. my kids & wife thought i have given up on desktop PC. lol

Nah, my cable management sucks, It was late, so I just push everything into the case & hope it can boot up so that i can get to bed in peace. I will get some custom cables with the recommended length later on. The cables that come with the PSU are thick & hard to bend.

Reactions: LexImatx

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Thanks

wow, 750D is huge. Agreed, I also still have not get over the size of this case. my kids & wife thought i have given up on desktop PC. lol

Nah, my cable management sucks, It was late, so I just push everything into the case & hope it can boot up so that i can get to bed in peace. I will get some custom cables with the recommended length later on. The cables that come with the PSU are thick & hard to bend.
Out of curiosity, what GPU are you using here?
I'm torn between the Zotac 1070 Mini and the 2070 Mini.

EDIT: Just seen you had already said. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: evq

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019

I think I'm just not going to plug in the LED and just rely on motherboard lights etc to show it's on.

EDIT: you can get dimming stickers that you may be able to put on the inside of the case.

Last edited:

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Out of curiosity, what GPU are you using here?
I'm torn between the Zotac 1070 Mini and the 2070 Mini.

EDIT: Just seen you had already said. Sorry.

No worries.

Maybe I just share the key components of my build just in case;

Intel 8700 + cryorig C7
Gigabyte Z390-I Aorus Pro Wifi
Silverstone SX700G
Zotac 2070 mini

Reactions: LexImatx

Diisii

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2019
Hi
Got most of my part in today. The cooler I order hasn't arrived yet. =( The Stock AMD cooler can only be mounted one way. Because of the vram heatsink on the motherboard. The AMD log also block one of the ram slots. Hope I get my new cooler in the next few days. Bad luck with the monitor crack screen. There was no damage to the monitor box only a little bit of damage to the shipping box. The shipping box was way bigger then the montior box so i guess it got bashed around while shipping. Good thing I order off of amazon. They are sending me out a new one.

Just wondering, do you think the stock amd cooler would have the same probably on all b450 itx motherboard? I just ordered my gigabyte 450 auros itx board. Should I but a different CPU cooler as well?

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi
Just wondering, do you think the stock amd cooler would have the same probably on all b450 itx motherboard? I just ordered my gigabyte 450 auros itx board. Should I but a different CPU cooler as well?
Depends on what CPU you are using, rule of thumb:
- stock cooler for non-overclock
- high end cooler for i7 / i9 / 2700x etc

all depends on the TPU of your CPU