Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Agrees, the packing is very good.

Actually I didn't expect it to reach me so fast. I just ordered my sfx psu. Have to wait for a couple of days before I can start transferring my parts to this case.

Let's post our builds once they done. Share our joy.

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Has anyone considered custom water cooling in this case?
I was thinking it would be possible, but now I've got the case I'm doubting it.

bigwoody82

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 2, 2019
I as well received mine today.... extremly fast delivery!
The tax here in Austria is very high. I additionally had to pay 59€.... no further comment to this.

The case is really great. I allready assembled it and installed all components. Unfortunately i needed a Dremel to fit my Sapphire Nitro RX580. It is 3mm to wide but after that everything fine. Only the magnet stripes are not as strong as they should be to me. Maybe i need to upgrade them.

Another mod i did is to remove the feets and added invisible ones... looks great.

Have fun with your cases!
Br Mario

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
The tax here in Austria is very high. I additionally had to pay 59€.... no further comment to this.

The case is really great. I allready assembled it and installed all components. Unfortunately i needed a Dremel to fit my Sapphire Nitro RX580. It is 3mm to wide but after that everything fine. Only the magnet stripes are not as strong as they should be to me. Maybe i need to upgrade them.

Another mod i did is to remove the feets and added invisible ones... looks great.

Have fun with your cases!
Br Mario
Care to show that mod please? Would be great, since I do plan to run 2 fans on bottom for amazing air cooling potential but my worries come that a large tophat is to much to add there.

Throwing the question out: We will see a medium Hat? 2 large ones make the case for many of us just... well to much I even thought of cutting holes of the sides and use a large hat as feet... but rather not ruin a top hat for that with X2 bulk.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Has anyone considered custom water cooling in this case?
I was thinking it would be possible, but now I've got the case I'm doubting it.

I am planning on water cooling, it is the entire reason for my buying the Steck. I plan on using a Swiftech MCR220-QP-RES-R2 radiator with built in reservoir, the built in reservoir is entirely the reason for this choice. I will be using a Swiftech Apogee Drive II that I had previously used in my Ncase, cooling is good and noise levels are fine as long as you keep the pump under 50%. The radiator is 299mm x 34mm add 25mm for fans and it should just fit. My plan is to use 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax Black for cooling, if being so close to the top plate causes turbulence I have some 120mm x 20mm fans I can use instead.

After watching Jay2Cent do a loop in a Ghost S1 it looks like fittings on the GPU side would possibly be an issue, so I went with Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters. I am just going to use barbs and hose clamps rather than compression fittings to give me the most room.

I figure this loop will be dead easy, the hardest part will be running tubing from the CPU side to the GPU side. Haven't received my case yet but I have my fingers crossed it will all fit.

Reactions: Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
We are planning to hold a Community Photo Contest, with prizes:

- First prize: USD100 Amazon eGift card (1 slot)
- Others: USD25 Amazon eGift card (9 slots)

Steck buyers will send us their rig or room setup photos. Nouvolo will post the pics up (after some filtering ;)) for users to like or vote.
The one with the most likes/votes will get the first prize, 2nd to 10th will get the smaller prize.

Nothing is confirmed yet, it all depends on our sales performance. Lets have your feedback on how to celebrate our successful launch. :)

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
We are planning to hold a Community Photo Contest, with prizes:

- First prize: USD100 Amazon eGift card (1 slot)
- Others: USD25 Amazon eGift card (9 slots)

Steck buyers will send us their rig or room setup photos. Nouvolo will post the pics up (after some filtering ;)) for users to like or vote.
The one with the most likes/votes will get the first prize, 2nd to 10th will get the smaller prize.

Nothing is confirmed yet, it all depends on our sales performance. Lets have your feedback on how to celebrate our successful launch. :)
how long is the sale going to last on the site?

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Stated while stocks last.
All we can say for the moment is that there will definitely not be any offer as favorable as current for version 1.1 or later. For many of us this seems to have happened for a long time, but we have only started selling for slightly over a week... and don't be mistaken that our exposure is as big as that of Louqe's when it launched. Although we have tried to market Steck for couple of months with KS, we have to accept that Louqe had done a great job in marketing and it is one of a very few special cases. Even then it has by no means reached mainstream awareness.

With the rate that we are moving forward, at least you can feel more relaxed that we can handle the work load from current orders and on the logistics side, and you are getting your purchase in good time.

Last edited:
Reactions: evq

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
All we can say for the moment is that there will definitely not be any offer as favorable as current for version 1.1 or later. For many of us this seems to have happened for a long time, but we have only started selling for slightly over a week... and don't be mistaken that our exposure is as big as that of Louqe's when it launched. Although we have tried to market Steck for couple of months with KS, we have to accept that Louqe had done a great job in marketing and it is one of a very few special cases. Even then it has by no means reached mainstream awareness.

With the rate that we are moving forward, at least you can feel more relaxed that we can handle the work load from current orders and on the logistics side, and you are getting your purchase in good time.

I wonder if there will be shipments in waves.

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
I am planning on water cooling, it is the entire reason for my buying the Steck. I plan on using a Swiftech MCR220-QP-RES-R2 radiator with built in reservoir, the built in reservoir is entirely the reason for this choice. I will be using a Swiftech Apogee Drive II that I had previously used in my Ncase, cooling is good and noise levels are fine as long as you keep the pump under 50%. The radiator is 299mm x 34mm add 25mm for fans and it should just fit. My plan is to use 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax Black for cooling, if being so close to the top plate causes turbulence I have some 120mm x 20mm fans I can use instead.

After watching Jay2Cent do a loop in a Ghost S1 it looks like fittings on the GPU side would possibly be an issue, so I went with Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters. I am just going to use barbs and hose clamps rather than compression fittings to give me the most room.

I figure this loop will be dead easy, the hardest part will be running tubing from the CPU side to the GPU side. Haven't received my case yet but I have my fingers crossed it will all fit.

I bought for the same reasons, but had little to no idea how I was planning to achieve it. I'll be looking in to it some more, but I'd love to see how your build progresses.

I had been considering the XSPC GPU blocks due to the in/out fittings being on the top, but I'm slightly concerned they'd clash with the radiator and fan arrangement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
When we sent the case we consciously did not include our invoice (as you already got it in email anyway)... so how do the customs value the item?
What's the import tariff rate for Austria? Can you dispute their valuation? It seems exceedingly high...

It shouldn't be this high even if it is taxed on its "actual" value?

Last edited:

bigwoody82

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 2, 2019
I need to look at the receid they put on the parcel and then I will get in contact with them.... I did a calculation according to the austrian import regulations and it schouldn't be more than 35€.
Usually it is 20% + any additional tax rate....
I don't know what they calculated...

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I bought for the same reasons, but had little to no idea how I was planning to achieve it. I'll be looking in to it some more, but I'd love to see how your build progresses.

I had been considering the XSPC GPU blocks due to the in/out fittings being on the top, but I'm slightly concerned they'd clash with the radiator and fan arrangement.

Don't know if they are selling this : Raijintek TRITON AIO Water Cooling Kit

Pump/Res/CPU Block combo!

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I need to look at the receid they put on the parcel and then I will get in contact with them.... I did a calculation according to the austrian import regulations and it schouldn't be more than 35€.
Usually it is 20% + any additional tax rate....
I don't know what they calculated...

Ok, 20% is one variable, but 20% x ? , 35€/20% = €175 ? That's even more than the actual purchase price???
Be careful they just guess wide off mark on the purchase price....