Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019

Just the spine, front, rear & bottom, it is pretty sturdy.

Btw, do note to use the 'flat' top screws for the 2 top holes when connecting the spine with the front & rear panels. So that when u place the top cover, it will be levelled.

Can't wait, so case only. Still missing my psu, so have not put in the components yet

Last edited:

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Hi Nouvolo,

There r some shorter magnetic strips. Are they for the top cover? If yes, I notice if applied, the top cover will be slightly out.

If i don't install my stack unit, the only place for ssd is the at the opposite of the psu right? That's provided my gpu does not take out that space? Any other place?

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Hi Nouvolo,

There r some shorter magnetic strips. Are they for the top cover? If yes, I notice if applied, the top cover will be slightly out.

If i don't install my stack unit, the only place for ssd is the at the opposite of the psu right? That's provided my gpu does not take out that space? Any other place?

It took me a while to notice there were some flat screws in the bag as well. I was a bit annoyed that it didn't fit together properly until I realised it was my mistake. haha.

As for the SSD, I was just thinking of adding some stick on velcro to it and just sticking it wherever I could, but I'm not sure how well that would work. Do you have any images with the PSU in place?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi Nouvolo,

Below the PSU you can install a fan or the SSD bracket.

Reactions: LexImatx

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
It took me a while to notice there were some flat screws in the bag as well. I was a bit annoyed that it didn't fit together properly until I realised it was my mistake. haha.

As for the SSD, I was just thinking of adding some stick on velcro to it and just sticking it wherever I could, but I'm not sure how well that would work. Do you have any images with the PSU in place?
Same here, didn't realise there r flat screws initially. Haha

I m thinking the same as u of just sticking a ssd any space I can find.

My psu not here yet, hence can't show u. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: LexImatx

psleda

Efficiency Noob
Feb 28, 2018
I received mine today in Istanbul/Turkey.I paid 12 USD for the customs duty.
It was a quick and hassle-free shopping. Thank you very much.

Reactions: Nouvolo

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019

I am considering getting this and route the cable through the bottom plate and stick the ports on the bottom facing one of the sides.

Alternatively get someone to cut a hole for the ports at the front leg for me.

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019

I am considering getting this and route the cable through the bottom plate and stick the ports on the bottom facing one of the sides.

Alternatively get someone to cut a hole for the ports at the front leg for me.

I've been looking for one that supports USB C.
I'm planning on having it cut in to the front. Possibly replacing the led that's currently fitted.
Only problem is I can't find one that would fit.

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
I've been looking for one that supports USB C.
I'm planning on having it cut in to the front. Possibly replacing the led that's currently fitted.
Only problem is I can't find one that would fit.
U fitted a led?

I haven't come across a USB-C yet

dave99

Efficiency Noob
Apr 10, 2019
Hi all, just purchased the steck, which I'll be using down the road for a zen2 build. Quick question, since it appears these are the v1.0 cases, will any of the improvements in the v1.1 be available to retrofit back to the 1.0 cases? Looks like most of the improvement is in the spine, so I was wondering if that'll be able to be dropped in later.

ssri

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
When we sent the case we consciously did not include our invoice (as you already got it in email anyway)... so how do the customs value the item?
What's the import tariff rate for Austria? Can you dispute their valuation? It seems exceedingly high...

It shouldn't be this high even if it is taxed on its "actual" value?

I also ordered in Austria, the base+stack bundle. USD 150 + shipping USD 40 = USD 190 = ~170 Eur. Until 150 Eur (without including shipping) there is no customs charge. So, the customs on my purchase was zero. The tax exempt value is 22 Eur or 0 Eur (not sure). Applying 20% EuSt (VAT, I think) on the full package then gave me ~34 Eur. DHL asked me to send the invoice of what I paid etc... They charged me ~33.5 Eur tax and an additional 18 Eur service fee for processing this tax and customs paperwork. Totally they charged 51.50 Eur.

Unfortunately for private customers, there doesn't appear to be an easy way of paying the estimated customs/tax etc in advance to the shipper so that we can get by without the service fee charge... So, there we have it.

ssri

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
I also ordered in Austria, the base+stack bundle. USD 150 + shipping USD 40 = USD 190 = ~170 Eur. Until 150 Eur (without including shipping) there is no customs charge. So, the customs on my purchase was zero. The tax exempt value is 22 Eur or 0 Eur (not sure). Applying 20% EuSt (VAT, I think) on the full package then gave me ~34 Eur. DHL asked me to send the invoice of what I paid etc... They charged me ~33.5 Eur tax and an additional 18 Eur service fee for processing this tax and customs paperwork. Totally they charged 51.50 Eur.

Unfortunately for private customers, there doesn't appear to be an easy way of paying the estimated customs/tax etc in advance to the shipper so that we can get by without the service fee charge... So, there we have it.

Also, I wouldn't recommend disputing customs evaluation for amounts less than 100 Eur or so. Because the first time they evaluate they levy a service fee either the post office (10 Eur) or the shipper (eg: 18 Eur with DHL). Later when you dispute, you get the privilege of paying the service fee again even if they were in the wrong in the first place. Happened to me when I was shipping my own used computer to Austria from the US. They didn't see an invoice (it was me shipping to myself) and so they charged about 450 Eur as customs and taxes + processing fee of 10 Eur. I had to pay that first to get my item. Then I wrote a letter disputing the charges and they sent me back the 450 Eur minus the processing fee for the second time :-D

bigwoody82

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 2, 2019
Yesterday i sent an email to dhl and asked them to show me their calculation... we will see what happens.

Thats not my first shipment i received from China and not the most expensive one. But it is the first time i had to pay tax at all...