Production No more sandwich. W19. Up to 360AIO and custom loop. Up to full size 3-slot gpu. DDC pump. Ready for uncompromise watercooled in 10.5L console case.

Which kind of case to send to production first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
here's what I have planned :D I have some doubt about that pump/res combo next to the GPU but I would love it to work out in the end (space wise)
That 2.5" SSD is in there just for fun, I hate cables and am only on M.2 but in case I need more storage, with this layout plan I can make it work. (Until anthe reservoir comes out anyway, this will solve everything :D )
Rad feeds directly into the small pump/res combo, not necessary but kind of how Alphacool intended to use it.

Really excited to see if this plan works out once I receive the case!

Parts:
Corsair SF750
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm Radiator
2x Arctic P12
Heatkiller IV Basic AM4
Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ultra Low Noise Ceramic Pump
Alphacool DC-LT 40 Reservoir
RTX3090
Asus Strix B450i (different model in 3D)
10/13 Tygon Norprene soft tube, need to check a few things but might switch to 10/16 soft tube

Reactions: NinoPecorino

osin17

Caliper Novice
Sep 10, 2019
Finally, for my use case, i prefer to wait for the next amd graphic card (2.5-3x more efficiency than 6900xt) which expected to be release before end 2022
For my expected use case (lot of vr gaming on race car and flight simulator) it shoud be fine.
So, i may not be one of the first to push a review about the product (and i have then time to received the product).

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
@Houdini I think 750W has too low power for the 3090+CPU if you ever want to overclock it in the future. Maybe it's better to take Cooler Master 850?
Those power calculators tend to way overate power requirements.

Currently running a 3800X + 3080Ti, both running at full power. And my SF600 Plat barely breaks a sweat.

750W should be plenty for a 3090 with whatever CPU, and some mild OC headroom if you keep voltages in check.

And for what its worth I'd wait for some proper reviews with in depth testing on the V850 SFX, it might not actually be any better than the SF750.

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
@Houdini I think 750W has too low power for the 3090+CPU if you ever want to overclock it in the future. Maybe it's better to take Cooler Master 850?
I'm currently using the SF750 with a 3950x @stock and 3090 undervolted. Even when you OC the 3090, you still can and want to undervolt it.
For the CPU, with Project Hyrda/Ryzen Clock Tuner you can get some nice OC at or below the stock power consumption.

I don't like where the GPU industry is going with power consumption and I will not buy anything with a 400+W TDP. Apple shows how freaking efficient silicone can be so f*ck AMD/Nvidia.

But I'm sure we will see very efficient and powerful GPUs/CPUs in the future again, it's just right now there's a race to the top no matter the cost

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
I'm currently using the SF750 with a 3950x @stock and 3090 undervolted. Even when you OC the 3090, you still can and want to undervolt it.
For the CPU, with Project Hyrda/Ryzen Clock Tuner you can get some nice OC at or below the stock power consumption.

I don't like where the GPU industry is going with power consumption and I will not buy anything with a 400+W TDP. Apple shows how freaking efficient silicone can be so f*ck AMD/Nvidia.

But I'm sure we will see very efficient and powerful GPUs/CPUs in the future again, it's just right now there's a race to the top no matter the cost
Currently running a 3800X + 3080Ti, both running at full power. And my SF600 Plat barely breaks a sweat.
Very glad to hear it. I plan to transfer version 1.2 to TFX and reduce the height of the case. The mightiest TFX i found is silverstone 700W, so now i think it will be enough.

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
Very glad to hear it. I plan to transfer version 1.2 to TFX and reduce the height of the case. The mightiest TFX i found is silverstone 700W, so now i think it will be enough.
Not sure if going TFX is such a great move.
There's an ever smaller market for this form factor compared to SFX and that Silverstone (which is what future PCs definitely need in terms of power) does not have modular cables which is a pain to work with in SFF and for me personally a reason to not even consider it.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
I'd personally go with Flex-ATX over TFX. More choice and more of an enthousiast community for support and mods. And its smaller :p

600W Plat Flex-ATX units are easy to get and good to go out of the box.

And for the enthusiasts that really want to push the limit, you can modify a 1000W titanium 1U unit, which stock is 185mm long(35mm longer than stock flex) but can be modified with dual noctua slim fans to come in at 170 mm. I probably limit it to 700-800W that way tough.

Last edited:

Harvesarmy

Case Bender
New User
Oct 10, 2021
Hi, (and sorry to distract from the ongoing PSU chat!)

I ordered a gunmetal last year (11/07/2021), (I have an order ref), but don't think I ever got through to paying with bitcoin (think I remember I was waiting for credit card payments or something like that). And now I can't find a link to pay via bitcoin.

Just checking before I make another order for side panels and stuff, but I guess the production numbers for this round have already been locked in, and I wasn't one of them, given I hadn't paid by the time the round closed?

Cheers,
Harvey.

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
I'd personally go with Flex-ATX over TFX. More choice and more of an enthousiast community for support and mods. And its smaller :p

600W Plat Flex-ATX units are easy to get and good to go out of the box.

And for the enthusiasts that really want to push the limit, you can modify a 1000W titanium unit, which stock is 185mm long(35mm longer than stock flex) but can be modified with dual noctua slim fans to come in at 170 mm. I probably limit it to 700-800W that way tough.
I was thinking about writing the same. If version 1.2 really needs to have a different PSU form factor I would also go with flex over TFX.

But I'm 100% sure that no matter if you go TFX or flex, you will have a smaller group of people who will buy the case. Flex-ATX has it's own issues like it needs to be modded (or pre-built-modded) to be modular, replace the tiny noisy fan by a Noctua (still not whisper quiet). Up to 600W this all might be ok for people who love the case and want to make it work.
But after 600W like @Gilles3000 said things become pretty hardcore.

TLDR: i think you'll have the most sales with the mainstream SFX, a lot less with Flex and even fewer with TFX

If you want to make the case smaller in version 1.2 I would make it a watercool-first case and drop (official) support for massive aircooled GPUs like 3090

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
Hi, (and sorry to distract from the ongoing PSU chat!)

I ordered a gunmetal last year (11/07/2021), (I have an order ref), but don't think I ever got through to paying with bitcoin (think I remember I was waiting for credit card payments or something like that). And now I can't find a link to pay via bitcoin.

Just checking before I make another order for side panels and stuff, but I guess the production numbers for this round have already been locked in, and I wasn't one of them, given I hadn't paid by the time the round closed?

Cheers,
Harvey.
Please, PM me your order number. I don't remember to canceling any orders for gunmetal.

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
I was thinking about writing the same. If version 1.2 really needs to have a different PSU form factor I would also go with flex over TFX.

But I'm 100% sure that no matter if you go TFX or flex, you will have a smaller group of people who will buy the case. Flex-ATX has it's own issues like it needs to be modded (or pre-built-modded) to be modular, replace the tiny noisy fan by a Noctua (still not whisper quiet). Up to 600W this all might be ok for people who love the case and want to make it work.
But after 600W like @Gilles3000 said things become pretty hardcore.

TLDR: i think you'll have the most sales with the mainstream SFX, a lot less with Flex and even fewer with TFX

If you want to make the case smaller in version 1.2 I would make it a watercool-first case and drop (official) support for massive aircooled GPUs like 3090
Ok, you convinced me. After all, there will also be D17.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Cheezo

Trash Compacter
Sep 10, 2019
I think Flex better choice too.
Never seen TFX build last 3 years lol
Mostly SFX, then FLEX and sometime HDPlex like Skyreach.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
And for the enthusiasts that really want to push the limit, you can modify a 1000W titanium 1U unit, which stock is 185mm long(35mm longer than stock flex) but can be modified with dual noctua slim fans to come in at 170 mm. I probably limit it to 700-800W that way tough.
What is this 1000 watt flex PSU ?! I'd love to check it out.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
What is this 1000 watt flex PSU ?! I'd love to check it out.
Its a 1U sized server PSU, which technically is the formfactor Flex was based on. The newer Titanium ones are usually less than 200mm long up to 1000W.

The hard part about it is that these 1U server PSU's are 12V only, so you need to add a 24pin 12v DC-DC adapter and a way to switch the GPU for full power straight from the PSU.

Like this:

The go to guy for this stuff was Guryhwa @ G-Unique(He made the one pictured above) but no one has heard from him since late last year... There are other ways of doing it yourself tho.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Its a 1U sized server PSU, which technically is the formfactor Flex was based on. The newer Titanium ones are usually less than 200mm long up to 1000W.

The hard part about it is that these 1U server PSU's are 12V only, so you need to add a 24pin 12v DC-DC adapter and a way to switch the GPU for full power straight from the PSU.

Like this:

The go to guy for this stuff was Guryhwa @ G-Unique(He made the one pictured above) but no one has heard from him since late last year... There are other ways of doing it yourself tho.
Ahh gotcha! Very sad about Gury being MIA... I'm worried he's not ever coming back...

Also, funnily enough, that picture is of my PSU. I've since sold it

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Also, funnily enough, that picture is of my PSU. I've since sold it
Lol, what are the odds. That was the 600W unit right? Was that the one that was basically 2 of his G-Stick PSU's combined into one?

There was a later revision that was 750W titanium that I suspect was based on a modified 1U unit, any chance you'd be able to confirm this?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Lol, what are the odds. That was the 600W unit right? Was that the one that was basically 2 of his G-Stick PSU's combined into one?

There was a later revision that was 750W titanium that I suspect was based on a modified 1U unit, any chance you'd be able to confirm this?
Sorry, I don't know for sure. I think this was his "g brick external". I'm not sure how it is analogous to his other products.

I wish I could've had the higher wattage until but I'm in a 120V AC country so I'm limited.

idgas

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2021
With what's going on in Ukraine right now, I hope @SammyXXM is focusing on keeping friends and family safe. Can't imagine any recent events - including the Lunar New Year holiday - have helped the logistics situation there.

In the meantime, is anyone else planning a CPU + GPU loop? I was going to use an Aquanaut Extreme but having trouble finding a DDC heatsink that's low-profile enough to fit. Maybe I'll have to wait for the second batch when the reservoir + pump top will be manufactured too.