Production No more sandwich. W19. Up to 360AIO and custom loop. Up to full size 3-slot gpu. DDC pump. Ready for uncompromise watercooled in 10.5L console case.

Which kind of case to send to production first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
With what's going on in Ukraine right now, I hope @SammyXXM is focusing on keeping friends and family safe. Can't imagine any recent events - including the Lunar New Year holiday - have helped the logistics situation there.

In the meantime, is anyone else planning a CPU + GPU loop? I was going to use an Aquanaut Extreme but having trouble finding a DDC heatsink that's low-profile enough to fit. Maybe I'll have to wait for the second batch when the reservoir + pump top will be manufactured too.
Although a while ago I said I won't do a full loop I'm actually reconsidering right now :D I wanted to go with a pump/block combo too but I couldn't find anything that would fit in <47.9mm. The best option is this yet to be released unit or the Alphacool DC-LT Solo. The Solo does fit heightwise but the fittings and routing could be tricky, depending on the board you use.

I've ordered most of the parts and I'm going with a CPU block and separate pump/res, but now I'm wondering what is the maximum length for the GPU block when going with a 360 rad?

Last edited:

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
GPU size up to 330x130x63 (in 240 mode or air cooling mode) or 215x130x63 (in 360 mode).
are those numbers still true? because this drawing tells something else

Vir

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2020
With what's going on in Ukraine right now, I hope @SammyXXM is focusing on keeping friends and family safe. Can't imagine any recent events - including the Lunar New Year holiday - have helped the logistics situation there.

In the meantime, is anyone else planning a CPU + GPU loop? I was going to use an Aquanaut Extreme but having trouble finding a DDC heatsink that's low-profile enough to fit. Maybe I'll have to wait for the second batch when the reservoir + pump top will be manufactured too.
Sammy is based in Ukraine? 😟

idgas

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2021
For some reason I thought Sammy was in Moldova or Romania. Many friends in the neighboring areas are also being indirectly affected. Didn’t mean to detract from the main thread.

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
I still can't get watercooling the GPU out of my head so I've been doing a little bit of research. With a total case length of 356mm, if we take a 360rad with exactly 120mm width (there are wider models too) it leaves us with 236mm for the GPU. 356mm probably being outer dimensions and taking into account tiny gaps between case-rad-gpu I think it's safe to assume 225mm AT MOST for the GPU block (if not the 215mm stated by Sammy).

With this info I went online to find blocks that could fit and turns out (for RTX3090) there's only a handful which is pretty sad...
Even worse, for people with 3090FE it looks like the only option is the crazy expensive (and QC issue plagued) EK block.

Approximately 216 mm depending on the rad width
This would rule out even more blocks. I've decided to drop the idea of a full custom loop. After all it seems like a single 360rad is not capable of handling the heat of a modern highend CPU and GPU anyway.
OptimumTech's videos have been a great reference. He couldn't do a 5950x + 3090 on 240mm and a 5900x+3090 with dual 240mm lead to 70C on CPU/ ~62C GPU with 53C on the coolant (1300rpm fans)

Last edited:

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
@Houdini Can you link to those optimum tech videos? I also am interested in a 360mm full loop. I'm wondering if lowering the CPU (say 5600x vs 5950x) would reduce the system tdp enough to make it feasible. Need data. Videos will help.

@SammyXXM - Hey, how goes it? Estonia is too close to Ukraine for your SFF fans. Stay safe, and help where you can!

Reactions: Houdini

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
@Houdini Can you link to those optimum tech videos? I also am interested in a 360mm full loop. I'm wondering if lowering the CPU (say 5600x vs 5950x) would reduce the system tdp enough to make it feasible. Need data. Videos will help.

@SammyXXM - Hey, how goes it? Estonia is too close to Ukraine for your SFF fans. Stay safe, and help where you can!
240 loop fails: My Dream PC Build Failed - 5950X + 3090 in 9.5L - YouTube
dual 240: Extreme ITX Cooling - 5900X + RTX 3090 Ncase M1 - YouTube

but then, there is this RTX 3090 Liquid Cooling – Better Than Expected? - YouTube

Edit: Found another interesting video 5950X + 3080Ti on dual 240mm Temps around 12:45 but roughly 70deg for both CPU and GPU (1620 RPM fans?)

Always have a look at the fanspeeds he's using. I don't see the point of spending large sums on watercooling if in the end I end up with a loud system.

Reducing the total TDP by going with lower SKU CPU will definitely help! In the failed dream video OptimumTech mentions this (5950x -> 5900x) but there's no follow up video if it actually worked. Also note that for example the 3950x is a much higher grade CPU than 3900x which results in better efficiency and less power draw than 3900x in some workloads. So just going a tier lower might not result in what you would expect.
There's so much data out there that would need to be gathered and combined, it's quite some work.

Anyway, I think a lower CPU + 360rad could be viable but you wont have "low" temps.

I would say, if you have the money just give it a try :D if it fails, you could still sell the watercooling parts. The reason I don't do it is because the only block that works for me is the one from EK for 300EUR and there is no way I'm paying this much for a GPU block.

Edit2: Found a guy in Germany doing custom waterblocks for a fair price ~150EUR, I wouldnt have to buy EK but I still can't decide if I should go full watercooling

Last edited:
Reactions: Runamok81

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
I fully understand that the current situation is hard, but I would appreciate at least a small update aswell.

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
Hi all! Sorry for the silence, I've had a lot of problems these days :(. All chassis are ready, but sides was lost, it was be made in Ukraine, yes. Now I'm trying to place production in Moldova. Shipping will also be from Moldova, sorry for the additional customs tax. I can mark the package as a gift if it helps.

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
I've ordered most of the parts and I'm going with a CPU block and separate pump/res, but now I'm wondering what is the maximum length for the GPU block when going with a 360 rad?
It depends of rad's wide. If you use standard 120mm wide one, the maximum length of the GPU block is 230mm (but optimum is 225mm i think).

Last edited:
Reactions: Houdini

Vir

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2020
Hi all! Sorry for the silence, I've had a lot of problems these days :(. All chassis are ready, but sides was lost, it was be made in Ukraine, yes. Now I'm trying to place production in Moldova. Shipping will also be from Moldova, sorry for the additional customs tax. I can mark the package as a gift if it helps.
I hope you're doing okay despite all the chaos! Is it safe to assume that this will affect the previously discussed D17 launch?

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
I hope you're doing okay despite all the chaos! Is it safe to assume that this will affect the previously discussed D17 launch?
I just started working on d17, but the first priority is to send paid orders to buyers. At the present time, I was already afraid to set specific dates, the pre-order will open after the first buyers receive their orders.

Reactions: Vir and idgas

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
It depends of rad's wide. If you use standard 120mm wide one, the maximum length of the GPU block is 230mm (but optimum is 225mm i think).
Found a Alphacool GPX-N 3090 FE block fairly cheap in an outlet and I will attempt a full custom loop. The block officially has 231.5mm but I'll just see if I can fit it :p maybe sanding off a tinyyyy bit of the block and/or deforming the rad a little :D but if it doesn't work I'm gonna sell it. Not sure if I should feel excited or a little crazy :D