Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
You will definitely want the custom mods for the wiring, and I would suggest the Noctua fan for the power supply to keep it cool and quiet. I went with the Noctua
Nh-L9a-AM4 in chromax black for my 5700x as I've used it in a few builds and found it to keep things cool and quiet.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
I too would recommend ordering the 7660 with your case and add one or two centimeters to the recommended cable lenght suggested on the densium website. Don't forget overteks powersupply comes without basic c13 power cord to plug into your wall outlets, so order your own. You can opt for a fan swap in the psu and Overtek does a killer job at it (check his youtube), but i'd only go for it if you reckon you'll be using a full 3 to 400 watts for long stretches of time. To be honest my system with ryzen 3600 and rx 6600xt doesn't even use enough watts on full blast to trigger the flexatx fan to start, so it's quiet as can be stock.

I bought the z-39 but it works better with a noctua 92mm fan.. So I also bought the l9a cooler. Since I prefer mounting with a backplate (z-39 doesn't have any) I installed the noctua l9a and very happy with performance. Another cooler you could try (but also wants a noctua 92x14 mm fan to be quiet) is the axp-90 x36

Also, buy the riser through Densium to be sure you get the right angles.

Last edited:

Gucky

Caliper Novice
May 15, 2022
I too would recommend ordering the 7660 with your case and add one or two centimeters to the recommended cable lenght suggested on the densium website. Don't forget overteks powersupply comes without basic c13 power cord to plug into your wall outlets, so order your own. You can opt for a fan swap in the psu and Overtek does a killer job at it (check his youtube), but i'd only go for it if you reckon you'll be using a full 3 to 400 watts for long stretches of time. To be honest my system with ryzen 3600 and rx 6600xt doesn't even use enough watts on full blast to trigger the flexatx fan to start, so it's quiet as can be stock.

I bought the z-39 but it works better with a noctua 92mm fan.. So I also bought the l9a cooler. Since I prefer mounting with a backplate (z-39 doesn't have any) I installed the noctua l9a and very happy with performance. Another cooler you could try (but also wants a noctua 92x14 mm fan to be quiet) is the axp-90 x36

Also, buy the riser through Densium to be sure you get the right angles.
I'd recommend the same. As for the 600 Watts. Honestly you will never be able to use more then 400 Watts without running into thermal Issues first, since the maximum GPU-Size you can fit currently is a 220Watt RTX 3070, if you make a specific cooler mod. As for the CPU...try running a >150 Watts Intel with a 40mm Cooler...it will reach the thermal limit almost instantly. So I don't see a power Problem there. Even in the future the thermal limits won't ever disappear.
For 1080p->1440p the Size is enough for now. Maybe in a few Generations we then have a 4k gaming Pc in that size ^^.

Reactions: Bakaban and rfarmer

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I am so glad that @Densium.net went the extra rout and made the front USB-C Port on USB 3.2 GEN 2X2 as all the new Boards, like Intels Z690 and AMDs new X670 and B650 do advertise the external and internal 20G capabilities. As I am all the time running external drives between my ITX, Main Desktop and Laptop, that is really a big deal! <3 Thank you for making that case even greater then it already is! :) Can't wait to start building in my V2! Anybody has tested the SilverStone MS12 with the new ASMedia ASM2364 already? :) I think that would be a great usecase for that extra Port and some extra storage!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
If there happens to be excess stock of the usb-c cable in the V2, would you consider selling it in your accessories?
Yes, but there is no excess. I could purchase some extras though, however you could also order them directly from ADT-Link in their webshop!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Even better, could you offer a usb-c faceplate and cable for the V1 in the future?
I wouldn’t know how to implement that, would require some modding ETC. Also there is less than 100people with the V1, considering how many got damaged in shipping, haha. Let’s say 10% of those wanted and were able to do the mod, that’s only 10 people, and would cost close to prototype price per unit, and would probably end up costing way too much (guesstimate $50). It’s a little difficult to justify from a business perspective.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
For anyone interested in using non-Flex PSUs with these cases, I've now updated my PSU cover plate thingy design (read: fixed my mistakes) and added it to the Resources subsection of the forums:

Reactions: Hazzerboraco

Aklamb

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 9, 2022
Awesome thanks. Hopefully I’ll get mine too. I already got my overtek psu, shipping was great on it 😊