Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

IgnisCogitare

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 6, 2022
Shipping to the US for my cooler was about two weeks, so I'm expecting the same thing here. I'm sure cases that don't have to cross an ocean will show up before that...
Don't say that man, I'm gonna cry...I haven't even gotten the email that my case is getting shipped out yet, I check like 10 times a day XD

crispyBacon11

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2022
Sorry!! I got in early on the pre-orders so it's been about 9 weeks total. I've fully transitioned to a zen "it gets here when it gets here" mode.

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
i got unknown shipping notify in my email

from local shipping company that i never get the packages from them before.
(also normally shipping copamy here send the text via phone number)

i guess it is from Densium 😃

sender name is Ubi

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
August 28th (2022)

Hello everyone,

Forgive me for not updating you guys sooner, but I've been so busy at work and have barely had the time to answer all the e-mails from customers.

As you know, some of your cases have shipped, some haven't (approx 50/50). After discussing the delivery of the cases (at the beginning of the month) between my supplier and shipping agent, I was certain they would all be sent by now. Well they were delayed a couple days from the supplier, and also the shipping agent used an exeptionally long time to fulfill orders. I'm not exactly sure why, but they also have other customers for which they ship orders, and they're very busy people. Additionally they're in the middle of moving their warehouse, and I'm sure this also affects their work capacity. It's important for me to have a good relationship with my cooperates, and I feel bad about nagging at my 'manager' as I know he's very busy and ultimately not responsible for the delays.

That's why you haven't all recieved your orders yet.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

RedSawn

Caliper Novice
Feb 18, 2022
Mine just arrived - looks great, stacked the chassis on top of my current Sliger SM550 as a size comparison. Seeing the difference is definitely rather daunting in a way x) But I suppose I won't need to worry until I finalize my plans to either transplant or go AM5.

In the meantime I might be in a spot of irony though. I checked the contents of the D2 again on the website and it says there's an allen key for hex screws somewhere. Didn't see it outside the case so I'm worried it's in the box of loose bits inside the case, which I can't get to without taking the case apart with a hex screw tool. What size do I need to get?

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Mine just arrived - looks great, stacked the chassis on top of my current Sliger SM550 as a size comparison. Seeing the difference is definitely rather daunting in a way x) But I suppose I won't need to worry until I finalize my plans to either transplant or go AM5.

In the meantime I might be in a spot of irony though. I checked the contents of the D2 again on the website and it says there's an allen key for hex screws somewhere. Didn't see it outside the case so I'm worried it's in the box of loose bits inside the case, which I can't get to without taking the case apart with a hex screw tool. What size do I need to get?
Are you sure you cant pull it out the frontpanel bracket? It’s 2mm hex key

RedSawn

Caliper Novice
Feb 18, 2022
Are you sure you cant pull it out the frontpanel bracket? It’s 2mm hex key
Don't think so chief. Bracket is screwed in or at least lodged way stiffer then I'm willing to tug. No finessing it either since the box is in the spot of the power supply and it's nearly as large as the power supply would be.

Last edited:

crispyBacon11

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2022
Got mine a couple days early! Won't get to build until at least tomorrow, but some first impressions:
  • The packaging is super solid. My outer shipping box had some large gashes but the inner Densium box was really sturdy and well protected.
  • This is just the most adorable little case. I've seen pictures and made measurements but holding it in your hand really drives home how jam-packed this case will be.
  • Case feels very stiff/rigid. No movement at all within the assembled frame.
  • The 2mm hex-wrench thing was already covered above - make sure you have a driver on-hand to get things apart the first time.
I'm very excited for the build - should be fun. Very happy with the overall design/quality so far.

crispyBacon11

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2022
Yea...so that whole waiting-until-tomorrow thing? That was a lie. It's alive! I put together a more detailed build gallery with comments here.

Overall a really fun build! I haven't built a PC in 4-5 years and this went together nicely. I had a couple of small fastener issues (it's entirely possible I was doing something wrong) and then had to add some small spacers between the GPU and the side panel to make sure the GPU fan didn't rub. Other than that everything was great - it's clear this is a well thought-out piece of hardware. Here are the build specs:
  • Mobo: ASUS STRIX B660-i
  • CPU: Intel i5-12500
  • CPU cooler: Z39 with Noctua fan swap
  • GPU: MSI Aero 3060
  • RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Kingston Beast 5200MT/s
  • PSU: Overtek ENP-7660B with Densium short loom
  • Storage (main): 2TB WD Black SN850 NVMe Gen 4
  • Storage (alt): 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe Gen 3
Verdict so far? I really like it. It's small, it's super dense, and it's both classy and pretty darn cute. The case is sturdy and well thought-out, and the few issues I had were either user-error or easily corrected. I have to really get things spooled up and see how temperatures are, but this hardware is overkill for almost everything I do right now. I'm not going to be running it too hard.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Yea...so that whole waiting-until-tomorrow thing? That was a lie. It's alive! I put together a more detailed build gallery with comments here.

Overall a really fun build! I haven't built a PC in 4-5 years and this went together nicely. I had a couple of small fastener issues (it's entirely possible I was doing something wrong) and then had to add some small spacers between the GPU and the side panel to make sure the GPU fan didn't rub. Other than that everything was great - it's clear this is a well thought-out piece of hardware. Here are the build specs:
  • Mobo: ASUS STRIX B660-i
  • CPU: Intel i5-12500
  • CPU cooler: Z39 with Noctua fan swap
  • GPU: MSI Aero 3060
  • RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Kingston Beast 5200MT/s
  • PSU: Overtek ENP-7660B with Densium short loom
  • Storage (main): 2TB WD Black SN850 NVMe Gen 4
  • Storage (alt): 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe Gen 3
Verdict so far? I really like it. It's small, it's super dense, and it's both classy and pretty darn cute. The case is sturdy and well thought-out, and the few issues I had were either user-error or easily corrected. I have to really get things spooled up and see how temperatures are, but this hardware is overkill for almost everything I do right now. I'm not going to be running it too hard.
The wood front panels are a bit of a lottery, yours has a really nice pattern!

crispyBacon11

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2022
The wood front panels are a bit of a lottery, yours has a really nice pattern!
I definitely got a good one! I haven't seen any that look bad, but I'm happy with the extra character this thing has.

One other piece of feedback on the install video - it would be really useful to have a pop-up over the video showing what hardware is used in each step. And maybe a little exploded wireframe design to show the stack-up of multiple parts? Almost like a lego instruction manual laid over the video or as a separate document. I found myself stopping, rewinding, and pausing multiple times to make sure I was using the right hardware in the correct place.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
I definitely got a good one! I haven't seen any that look bad, but I'm happy with the extra character this thing has.

One other piece of feedback on the install video - it would be really useful to have a pop-up over the video showing what hardware is used in each step. And maybe a little exploded wireframe design to show the stack-up of multiple parts? Almost like a lego instruction manual laid over the video or as a separate document. I found myself stopping, rewinding, and pausing multiple times to make sure I was using the right hardware in the correct place.
To be fair, you doing that actually helps out everyone. Densium gets a small boost because you keep rewatching. Youtube will start tracking what parts you stop and rewind to and eventually provide a generated semi-chapter list above the playbar which should pretty much corralate to most steps in the build video. So in a sense, it is kind of working in everyones favor like this.