Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I was catching up on my youtube subscriptions and saw Gucks TV featured your case at the end of his video: . I didn't understand all of it but believe he is talking about the different models you have on offer and that he'll be testing the case in the near future. Congratulations! (he'll also be testing the silverstone fx600 flex atx psu soon, yay).

Thanks for mentioning my video. <3
Yesss the DENSIUM Cases are a really interesting finding and I will for sure take a look at them. ;)

By the way: it looks like the FX600 is already available on Amazon directly through SilverStone. Unexpected! :D #MakeFlexGreatAgain

Last edited:

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for mentioning my video. <3
Yesss the DENSIUM Cases are a really interesting finding and I will for sure take a look at them. ;)

By the way: it looks like the FX600 is already available on Amazon directly through SilverStone. Unexpected! :D #MakeFlexGreatAgain
Yeah. I'm kind of waiting for your review to pull the trigger. However I'm also still heavily on the fence for HDplex's new GaN units. Great times are coming for sub 5L cases for sure. Your review of the asrock 6600xt also finally made me break down and sell the trusty 1080ti and downsize in anticipation of the Densium case :-)

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Lucky you, Enhance ENP-7660B expected back in stock from the end of next week. Same same but different ;-)

- Custom fans and looms with warranty - that'll be Overtek x

I think I read that SilverStone uses a different fan controller? If Enhance is the OEM then maybe the quality is the same. I have had a SilverStone FX350 before, and it was not good quality.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Lucky you, Enhance ENP-7660B expected back in stock from the end of next week. Same same but different ;-)

- Custom fans and looms with warranty - that'll be Overtek x
Really looking forward as both the FX350 & FX500 had a really high idle noise which was not acceptable for me. :) Hope the SiverStone FX600 comes close to the Enhance ENP-7660B as this is the gold...eh platinum standard for FlexATX PSUs. The FSP FlexGURU offers just 500W gold but is not loud either...and with custom cables even cheaper. :)

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Have it already at home and will compare it with the FSP FlexGURU 500W unit. :) Especially noise on idle and with load on my MSI RTX 3060 Ti AERO ITX. ✌️😉
Night and Day comparison.
Really looking forward as both the FX350 & FX500 had a really high idle noise which was not acceptable for me. :) Hope the SiverStone FX600 comes close to the Enhance ENP-7660B as this is the gold...eh platinum standard for FlexATX PSUs. The FSP FlexGURU offers just 500W gold but is not loud either...and with custom cables even cheaper. :)
errr it is the enhance 7660B, Silverstone have a different fan in at the min, the yate loon one. Will probably have this in future on 7660B, but will keep offering Noctua as well for apps up to 500W loads.
We will keep flexible on the fan model at manufacture as component lead times means this psu now has a 14 week lead form order to production. As it is Noctua have also been struggling with component supply.

The Yate loon is a lower rpm fan so will be quieter than the adda one, swings and roundabouts though, at high loads the psu will run warmer than the Adda due to less airflow. Up to 500W the Noctua will push more air than either and remain silent/quiet.

The PSU has a massive internal junction temp capacity which for the sake of low noise it takes advantage off.
In terms of case design to maximise the cooling at high loads the psu maybe oddly best placed at the top, upside down (pcb side nearest the top) and cold wall mount to an aluminum heatsinked panel via a heat pad. Just an idea for pushing the envelope and extracting radiated heat outside rather then in with other components etc.

Reactions: GucksTV

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
ps both stock fan from enhance/silverstone are dual ball bearing.

If anyone knows of a decent 12Vdc 4020 Hydro bearing fan with a low 3v starting voltagw that can push 10-11 cfm at full duty cycle let me know.

Perhaps high rpm is enemy of fdb then again there was a time of 15k rpm HDD.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for another great update! We're a bit spoiled with a vendor looking out for us like this, thanks for the follow up on the gen 4 risers man. You're really on top of this!

Reactions: Densium.net

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for another great update! We're a bit spoiled with a vendor looking out for us like this, thanks for the follow up on the gen 4 risers man. You're really on top of this!
Thank you for all your support :)

Sorry to hear about the slight delays, but I'm very excited to have it in my hands hopefully soon!
I'm excited too! What hardware are you planning to use in it?

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Torn between the enhance 7660b ftom overtek (with the molex cables removed) or the silverstone 600w flex atx. Might come down to shipping/import taxes since UK is no longer in European Union. Or as mentioned earlier i might sit back a while longer for the new hdplex units, hopefully there's an update from hdplex soon about them. As for the rest of the components, i'll be reusing an asus b550 itx motherboard, a cheap and cheerful ryzen 5 3600 with your z-39 cooler and an asrock 6600xt itx gpu. Some nvme storage and done.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Torn between the enhance 7660b ftom overtek (with the molex cables removed) or the silverstone 600w flex atx. Might come down to shipping/import taxes since UK is no longer in European Union. Or as mentioned earlier i might sit back a while longer for the new hdplex units, hopefully there's an update from hdplex soon about them. As for the rest of the components, i'll be reusing an asus b550 itx motherboard, a cheap and cheerful ryzen 5 3600 with your z-39 cooler and an asrock 6600xt itx gpu. Some nvme storage and done.

I've built with the Silverstone FX350, it had a stiff outer sleeving (around all the cables to one connector, not individual cables) and I had to remove it to fit it in the D4 prototype. That's reason enough to go for an Overtek PSU. It's custom length cables too! Heard something about them being in stock soon, maybe @Otamot from Overtek can tell some more about it.

I also know @GucksTV are planning on doing a FX600 review very soon, maybe you should wait for it before you decide?

Reactions: sos and GucksTV

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

As far as I know, there are no import taxes on electronics from UK to EU. Some shops don't charge VAT though, so you'll have to pay that upon importing along with an administrative fee for the courier.

I think @Otamot charges VAT for EU costumers though so all should be good. Perhaps conform with him though,

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've built with the Silverstone FX350, it had a stiff outer sleeving (around all the cables to one connector, not individual cables) and I had to remove it to fit it in the D4 prototype. That's reason enough to go for an Overtek PSU. It's custom length cables too! Heard something about them being in stock soon, maybe @Otamot from Overtek can tell some more about it.

I also know @GucksTV are planning on doing a FX600 review very soon, maybe you should wait for it before you decide?
I'll try to upload my first test with the FX600 next week. I can say that the cables are all black, thinner then FX350 and individually sorted and not in that big black sleeve. So SilverStone dir very well on that.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
stock? next week? yes we will have 600W units in. Not sure what day yet.

Taxes: If you are in EU, you will pay your local tax upfront as we are an IOSS. This does have a few benefits, 1, Faster delivery through customs as its pre handled electronically 2. Because it's done up front you avoid the additional deferment fee charged by courier / postal companies, their fee basicslly for collecting the vat due before delivering. Deferement fee varies country to country but usully about 15euro. All big marketplaces had to adopt this, ebay, amazon, etsy even aliexpress.

FX600, or could we just call that ENP7660B. Same product produced by enhance. Difference is the fx600 currently have a lower rpm yate loon fan in rather than the adda. Good for the lower power end, less noise, but convexly will leave the psu to get a bit warmer than with adda fan at high loads. less cfm than the Adda fan. We'll get enp-7660b in future with either fan, as with components at the moment one or the other can end up with a longer lead time.

Ultimately to 500W the noctua fan pushes more cfm then either, for up to 500W it offers the best of both worlds, silent/quiet most cooling. lower psu internal / radiated temps.

The other difference will be we have a different loom and don't have have retail packaging to put in the bin or take up space. Nor will we have a manual, which you may need if its the first power supply you've come accross.

Nor do we inlcude a mains lead. To be honest I've spent the past 14 years supplying power supplies without mains leads. Figuring that there's probably enough c13 iec leads in circulation in the world as it is, more the likely you can recycle one from an older dated system.

The good thing with having the same power supply available from silverstone will be a greater availability. Also you can swap in the same Noctua fan with the same pin header we offer for existing enp-7760b users. Or fit before we ship with warranty in an enp-7660B, with our without a customised loom to your specs.

Reactions: sos and Densium.net