Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Nothing crazy; Asus B450I, Ryzen 1600 w/ 16GB of 3200Mhz RAM, Noctua L9a, EVGA 3060ti, and recently bought the Velka variant of the Enhance 7660B w/ the shortened cables and blacked out aesthetic.
Cool! I'm excited to see how my case looks with a Noctua L9, post a pic here! Also the black Evga will look so good I imagine!

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
So excited for the case. I'll try to push the Densium 4 to its limits and build a portable workstation. 12700k, Z690, 64GB Ram, 4TB Storage and 3060 Ti. Powered by Enhance 7660B. I'll also custom build my own front panel with USB Ports, SD and CFexpress reader and a hot plug SATA port. Can't wait to get started.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
So excited for the case. I'll try to push the Densium 4 to its limits and build a portable workstation. 12700k, Z690, 64GB Ram, 4TB Storage and 3060 Ti. Powered by Enhance 7660B. I'll also custom build my own front panel with USB Ports, SD and CFexpress reader and a hot plug SATA port. Can't wait to get started.
Woah, nice plans. Please do share how you get on with the front panel i/o upgrade. Will you use the standard usb front panel connectors with super long wires? Or will you try some of those short flat cabled adt-link ones?

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
Woah, nice plans. Please do share how you get on with the front panel i/o upgrade. Will you use the standard usb front panel connectors with super long wires? Or will you try some of those short flat cabled adt-link ones?
Will do! I'll think about how to connect the ports to the board after the initial build so I can see how much space (spoiler: not much) I do have and how long the cables need to be. I was also wondering if it makes sense to use a closed back on the new front panel with the connectors I need for the i/o. So I could do all the messy cable management "in" the frontpanel itself. Probably the most elegant solution.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Will do! I'll think about how to connect the ports to the board after the initial build so I can see how much space (spoiler: not much) I do have and how long the cables need to be. I was also wondering if it makes sense to use a closed back on the new front panel with the connectors I need for the i/o. So I could do all the messy cable management "in" the frontpanel itself. Probably the most elegant solution.:
I was thinking of using one of these (http://www.adt.link/product/UTF-20P.html) to add a front panel usb-c to mine. Flat to mount, only need to drill a small gap in the front panel and a short flat cable to run to the motherboard. There's also this option for motherboards that don't get that internal connector: http://www.adt.link/product/UTF30.html

Reactions: Densium.net

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
I was thinking of using one of these (http://www.adt.link/product/UTF-20P.html) to add a front panel usb-c to mine. Flat to mount, only need to drill a small gap in the front panel and a short flat cable to run to the motherboard. There's also this option for motherboards that don't get that internal connector: http://www.adt.link/product/UTF30.html
I'm liking the sound of this O_O

This is so interesting! I'd love to see it once it's done.

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
I've been looking where to get those cables. Do you know a shop which sells them? Because ADT Link is only supplying them in bulk to OEMs, at least that's what their support told me via E-Mail a few weeks back.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Hey Densium,

You should mail your z-39 cooler to hardware canucks: they just set up a low profile comparison video with a second part on the way:
As expected below 47mm noctua l9a was the clear victor, but there are those test out there on reddit that claim the z-39 beat it slightly (with noctua fan and modded backplate though). Maybe they'll be willing to validate?

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Hey Densium,

You should mail your z-39 cooler to hardware canucks: they just set up a low profile comparison video with a second part on the way:
As expected below 47mm noctua l9a was the clear victor, but there are those test out there on reddit that claim the z-39 beat it slightly (with noctua fan and modded backplate though). Maybe they'll be willing to validate?
Holy sh*t that's a great idea - thanks a lot Bakaban. I'll be reaching out to them ASAP!

Reactions: rfarmer

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
Hey Densium,

Really nice to see some concise in-depth testing for those coolers. I'm surprised how good the Cryorig C7 handles the heavier heat output. From what I had read elsewhere, it's one of the less powerful low profile coolers in its class. I'd also love to see how the Z39 stacks up against the competition.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Really nice to see some concise in-depth testing for those coolers. I'm surprised how good the Cryorig C7 handles the heavier heat output. From what I had read elsewhere, it's one of the less powerful low profile coolers in its class. I'd also love to see how the Z39 stacks up against the competition.
He used the C7 CU full-copper version. :) I've tested a lot of low-profile coolers and for right now the AXP90-X47 was my go to or Alpenföhn Black Ridge with 120mm fan and VLP RAM if that was an option. With lower height coolers the Noctua NH-L9 was the best for sure, but that already changed with Thermalright AXP90-X36! ;) Expect my Video to this 36mm cooler this week and later on I will review the Z39 in comparison! <3

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
He used the C7 CU full-copper version. :) I've tested a lot of low-profile coolers and for right now the AXP90-X47 was my go to or Alpenföhn Black Ridge with 120mm fan and VLP RAM if that was an option. With lower height coolers the Noctua NH-L9 was the best for sure, but that already changed with Thermalright AXP90-X36! ;) Expect my Video to this 36mm cooler this week and later on I will review the Z39 in comparison! <3
Biggest advantage I can think of for the z-39 as opposed to l9a and x36 is the fins are mostly above the RAM (if using lower sticks) and have some more space if the motherboard doesn't run a massive i/o shield to get rid of heat, where the other two can be a bit buried in from all sides.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
For everybody who is looking for a first look at the FX600 from SilverStone:

Unboxing is online and the first short Sound-Test is already done and will be uploaded this week. :)
Great work, Victor! We appreciate everything you do!

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
For everybody who is looking for a first look at the FX600 from SilverStone:

Unboxing is online and the first short Sound-Test is already done and will be uploaded this week. :)
I'm probably mistaking, but is it possible those wires coming out of the fx600 are a tad thinner than the common ones on sfx powersupplies? Might be because i've never held a flex atx so far.

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
@Densium.net: How precise are the dimensions of the Densium 4 on your website? The reason I'm asking is that I'll have some time on my hands the next two weeks and I'm anxious to start with my custom front panel ;) Can I rely on the dimensions on the product page or would you say it's better to wait for the case to arrive?

Reactions: Bakaban