NCASE M1 V6 info

dotwayne

Case Bender
New User
Jun 9, 2020
There are no changes for V6.2 as currently planned that would affect backward compatibility, apart from the aforementioned wedge fan bracket.

We don't have plans to stock the SFX bracket or power cable. You can find an essentially identical cable (except for length) on Aliexpress, though.
What about the window side panel like the ones V5 came with?

W360 has removed the window side panel from their website.

Looking eagerly for one to restock soon :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
What about the window side panel like the ones V5 came with?

W360 has removed the window side panel from their website.

Looking eagerly for one to restock soon :)
We can't get glass for windowed panels in Taiwan.

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
New silver arrow 130, height limit adjusted to 135mm, renamed silver soul 135, TDP 220W.

Some people privately tested that the TDP can reach 290w. At present, the authenticity cannot be determined. In short, it is very strong.

However, if the original fan is not used, the height limit may exceed 135mm. I guess it may be 2-3mm = 138mm + -.

So what is the actual height limit of ncase? 135mm? 138mm?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
New silver arrow 130, height limit adjusted to 135mm, renamed silver soul 135, TDP 220W.

Some people privately tested that the TDP can reach 290w. At present, the authenticity cannot be determined. In short, it is very strong.

However, if the original fan is not used, the height limit may exceed 135mm. I guess it may be 2-3mm = 138mm + -.

So what is the actual height limit of ncase? 135mm? 138mm?

Is it still so sharp it needs special handling gloves?! I have the original in my NCASE on an 8086K.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

ChrisB

Case Bender
New User
Oct 16, 2021
Sorry to hear that the M1 is EOL. I get my silver M1 in a couple of days. But I wanted to order the optional ODD top panel too. Does anyone have a tip where I can possibly still buy the silver ODD top panel (New, used, from dealer, privat, …)?

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
We've made the decision not to order any new M1 production, so there won't be any restock, unfortunately.
Shocking and sad news. I guess that explains the sudden lack of NCASE M1s on eBay. My system has been in a V4, V5, and V6 over the years. I really hate to see it go. Now both of my favorite SFF cases (the NCASE M1 and the CCD MI-6) are out of production.

marcolopes

Case Bender
New User
Aug 25, 2020
Due to various factors, we have decided not to order another batch of M1 at this time. This means the current M1 design, or M1 *Classic, is effectively end of life, and we will not have any more M1 Classic cases or parts available to order. It's had a good eight year run, but evolving component requirements and shifts in the market have made it a less compelling option in recent times. We apologize to anyone who wasn't able to order an M1 Classic before stock ran out. The decision not to reorder was a difficult choice.
What "evolving component requirements and shifts in the market" exactly?

What's really happening that puts one of the best (if not the best!) Mini-ITX/DTX case out of production?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Reactions: marcolopes