NCASE M1 V6 info

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Hello,

I was wondering, in a future revision of the case, would it be possible to have the bar of bracket of the pci slot removable.

With a picture it is easier to explain:

(on a different case)

Apparently there are significant benefits with this bar removed (like 6-8 degrees).

Personally I really don't feel like damaging my case, but I believe they do have a point.

It may also not be specific to 3000 FE cards, Sometimes on some GPU it is also difficult to connect displays because of that bar. So maybe it is not needed, or?

Last edited:
Reactions: JonnoWasTaken

Necere

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
V6.2 and parts are on the same schedule. No firm ETA yet, but will be at least 2-3 months.

Reactions: Dawelio

Necere

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
what will change about the case itself?
will the case remain the same size? and it continues to look exactly the same.
Again, V6.2 is just a couple of very minor fixes and the wedge bracket. No change to dimensions, looks, or compatibility.

Reactions: Skripka

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Again, V6.2 is just a couple of very minor fixes and the wedge bracket. No change to dimensions, looks, or compatibility.
Will the wedge bracket be something that can be ordered as an accessory to add to earlier revisions of the case?

Necere

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will the wedge bracket be something that can be ordered as an accessory to add to earlier revisions of the case?
I'll think about it. It requires two of the mounting holes that are specific to V6.1 though, so earlier revisions would be out of luck.

Reactions: Qrash

Mark.V1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 6, 2021
I'll think about it. It requires two of the mounting holes that are specific to V6.1 though, so earlier revisions would be out of luck.
Will the v6.2 accessories work on v6?

May I also know if v6.1 SFX PSU Bracket and cable will be available again?

Necere

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will the v6.2 accessories work on v6?

May I also know if v6.1 SFX PSU Bracket and cable will be available again?
There are no changes for V6.2 as currently planned that would affect backward compatibility, apart from the aforementioned wedge fan bracket.

We don't have plans to stock the SFX bracket or power cable. You can find an essentially identical cable (except for length) on Aliexpress, though.

Mark.V1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 6, 2021
There are no changes for V6.2 as currently planned that would affect backward compatibility, apart from the aforementioned wedge fan bracket.

We don't have plans to stock the SFX bracket or power cable. You can find an essentially identical cable (except for length) on Aliexpress, though.
Too bad. My SFX PSU is broken

dotwayne

Case Bender
New User
Jun 9, 2020

What about the window side panel like the ones V5 came with?

W360 has removed the window side panel from their website.

Looking eagerly for one to restock soon :)

Necere

Shrink Way Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
What about the window side panel like the ones V5 came with?

W360 has removed the window side panel from their website.

Looking eagerly for one to restock soon :)
We can't get glass for windowed panels in Taiwan.

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
New silver arrow 130, height limit adjusted to 135mm, renamed silver soul 135, TDP 220W.

Some people privately tested that the TDP can reach 290w. At present, the authenticity cannot be determined. In short, it is very strong.

However, if the original fan is not used, the height limit may exceed 135mm. I guess it may be 2-3mm = 138mm + -.

So what is the actual height limit of ncase? 135mm? 138mm?

Revenant

King of Cable Management
Editorial Staff
Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
New silver arrow 130, height limit adjusted to 135mm, renamed silver soul 135, TDP 220W.

Some people privately tested that the TDP can reach 290w. At present, the authenticity cannot be determined. In short, it is very strong.

However, if the original fan is not used, the height limit may exceed 135mm. I guess it may be 2-3mm = 138mm + -.

So what is the actual height limit of ncase? 135mm? 138mm?

Is it still so sharp it needs special handling gloves?! I have the original in my NCASE on an 8086K.