NCASE M1 Ordering Question + Bonus Question

Friendlyx

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2018
I'm planning to order an NCASE M1, I had a few questions.

1. I see they are in V5, how often do versions come out?

2. Also, it says "The M1 WITH ODD is discontinued. The new Window variants DOES NOT include the Fan Bracket and 3.5" does that mean if I select the one without the tempered glass (NO ODD Slot) then i'll get the fan bracket + 3.5" drive cage?

3. If I don't get the fan bracket + 3.5" drive cage even with the NO ODD Slot option, can I buy it separately and put it into the case, or it doesn't fit at all?

4. Can i fit a 3.5" HDD anyway inside of it?
Thanks in advanced!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Answered you on Reddit already, but for the benefit of others I'll c/p here:
  1. For the first couple of years, there was a new version every six months or so (every time we ordered a new production run). We've been on V5 for the last two-ish years now
  2. Correct. The non-windowed version comes with the fan bracket and 3.5" HDD cage, the windowed version does not.
  3. The 3.5" HDD cage attaches to the fan bracket, and the fan bracket won't fit with the window. Even if it did, it would obstruct much of the view.
  4. Yes, on the floor of the case. Not really recommended though when using an air-cooled GPU, since it will block its air intake.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
May I ask, is the M1 with ODD discontinued because of interest being too low?
In my opinion, having ODD is a plus feature. Just my preference.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
May I ask, is the M1 with ODD discontinued because of interest being too low?
In my opinion, having ODD is a plus feature. Just my preference.
No. W360 just wants to limit the number of SKUs for logistical reasons. The ODD top panel will still be available to order separately to convert any non-ODD model to an ODD model.