Front bracket for 2 2.5" drives for Ncase M1 V5?

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
I underspecced the storage on my Ncase M1 build and now I'm short on storage, so now I want to add 2tb to the system. Ideally, I'd use the back M.2 slot on the back of my B450i Strix board with an NVMe 2tb ssd, but 2tb NVME ssds are still pretty pricy. The next option would be to add 2.5" storage, either through an HDD or SSD. Unfortunately, it seems that the V6 changed the way that the front drives are mounted and the double HDD/SSD bracket that mounted via anti vibration grommets that I intended to buy is no longer available. Can I use something like this Phanteks bracket with anti vibration grommets? If not, will these smaller brackets on the NCase site work with 2 2.5" hard drives?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Do you have a V6? The manual shows the different drive mounting options. The case comes with one set of the 3.5"/2.5" HDD brackets and two sets of the 2.5" stacking brackets.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The V5 also came with the same 2.5" stacking brackets and mounting screws with anti-vibration grommets. Attach the screws and rubber grommets directly to one of your 2.5" drives, then screw the two drives together using the stacking brackets and eight of the small M3 screws. Then you just mount the stacked pair to any of the 2.5" drive mounts in the case.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
The V5 also came with the same 2.5" stacking brackets and mounting screws with anti-vibration grommets. Attach the screws and rubber grommets directly to one of your 2.5" drives, then screw the two drives together using the stacking brackets and eight of the small M3 screws. Then you just mount the stacked pair to any of the 2.5" drive mounts in the case.
Oh, just found it. Will this be fine for both 2.5" SSDs and HDDs or is there a concern of vibration when using the brackets with 2 hard drives?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
No, it's not a concern. 2.5" drives generate minimal vibration/noise in general.