From top left:
  • SFX bracket
  • 2.5" stacking brackets (2 sets)
  • Internal AC cable
  • 3.5" HDD cage
  • Side fan bracket (2x120mm) w/magnetic filter
  • Screws/grommets
  • (Not shown) ATX PSU bracket

The window version includes the same parts as the regular, with the exception of the side fan bracket and 3.5" HDD cage (which are not compatible with the window):

Last edited:

Zutko

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2019
Do you know if it is possible to order that little metal plate that sits next to the PCI openings ( smal metal plate that is mounted with 2 screws)

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Are the screw included to uplift the motherboard? So the screws that are placed inbetween the motherboard and the case. My motherboard doesn't come with then.

MrFlamey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
Are you going to make an NCase M1 V6 parts guide?

I am just building my V6 now (first SFF build), and just attached the PSU (Corsair SF-600) to the bracket that was on the case when it arrived, but I'm worried about the weight of the PSU on the 3 screws that hold the bracket onto the case. There are some parts in the box that appear to be for mounting stuff, but they don't fit particularly obviously around the PSU. Are any of the included parts for adding support to the PSU so I don't have to worry? I mean, it seems fine for now, if I don't move the case around, but leaving it as it is worries me a bit and I would be grateful for some help/reassurance.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Are you going to make an NCase M1 V6 parts guide?

I am just building my V6 now (first SFF build), and just attached the PSU (Corsair SF-600) to the bracket that was on the case when it arrived, but I'm worried about the weight of the PSU on the 3 screws that hold the bracket onto the case. There are some parts in the box that appear to be for mounting stuff, but they don't fit particularly obviously around the PSU. Are any of the included parts for adding support to the PSU so I don't have to worry? I mean, it seems fine for now, if I don't move the case around, but leaving it as it is worries me a bit and I would be grateful for some help/reassurance.
Yes, I'm working on a guide for the V6. Wanted to have it done by now, but things got away from me.

The PSU bracket as designed uses only three screws. The threads on the bracket are reinforced so it should hold up reasonably well to repeated installation/removal cycles.

crazy8

What's an ITX?
Sep 30, 2019
The PSU bracket is a worry. After completing my build in the V6, I've noticed the bracket does a terrible job of securing the psu - it bends/flexes easily and the psu, hanging from it, is free to knock around against the side of the case. Is there a solution for this; it looks like a bit of an oversight/unfortunate design... particularly for those who may be transporting (or just moving) the case somewhat... Am I missing something?

I have the psu (a corsair 600W sfx) mounted in the from-factory position with screws in as many of the accessible holes as possible (4). Does the v6 support hanging the psu across the front of the case, in addition to the from-factory position down the right hand side, and if so, is that the purpose of one of the included additional brackets; to secure the bottom of the psu?

Last edited:
Reactions: Papadon

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The PSU bracket is a worry. After completing my build in the V6, I've noticed the bracket does a terrible job of securing the psu - it bends/flexes easily and the psu, hanging from it, is free to knock around against the side of the case. Is there a solution for this; it looks like a bit of an oversight/unfortunate design... particularly for those who may be transporting (or just moving) the case somewhat... Am I missing something?

I have the psu (a corsair 600W sfx) mounted in the from-factory position with screws in as many of the accessible holes as possible (4). Does the v6 support hanging the psu across the front of the case, in addition to the from-factory position down the right hand side, and if so, is that the purpose of one of the included additional brackets; to secure the bottom of the psu?
So the old <=V5 bracket supported the PSU quite well, but was large and made installing the PSU a pain. I wanted to make the installation easier by allowing access through the right side, and also allow for installation of the SFX bracket across the front of the chassis. In order to do that, though, I had to shrink the bracket and eliminate some of the flanges that added rigidity. This does make it significantly less stable, but I found in my testing that with everything installed, the PSU cables are rigid enough to keep the PSU from moving around much.

I do hear your concern though, and I will look into ways to add rigidity to the bracket for a future revision. In the meantime, if your configuration allows it you could try using the ATX bracket (via an SFX adapter plate which some PSU manufacturers provide) for better stability.

MrFlamey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
I do hear your concern though, and I will look into ways to add rigidity to the bracket for a future revision. In the meantime, if your configuration allows it you could try using the ATX bracket (via an SFX adapter plate which some PSU manufacturers provide) for better stability.

The corsair sf600 does include an adaptor, so I might try this, but like you say, with the PSU cables, it does feel a bit less likely to cause a problem. However, I'd definitely beef up the bracket for the next iteration, as it does detract a little from the overall high quality feel of the case when building a system inside it.

Reactions: Papadon

Papadon

Cable Smoosher
Oct 19, 2019
I had the same concerns using an SF750. Great case overall, just tweaking small things creates other things as always.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I've made a couple of changes to the SFX bracket which should keep the PSU from moving around as much during transit. These will be in the next batch of M1s.

Theai

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Are you still going to offer the window version? If I got a nin window version, am I still able to get the window panel?

Mukes

Efficiency Noob
Nov 14, 2019

Does anyone know where you could get such rubber soft mount for the hard drives?

After I have upgraded my hard drives, the vibration excitation of the hard drives is so unfavorable that even the shelf in which the ncase is, acts like a resonating body.

I have already tried putting rubber feet under the ncase, but that is not very effective because the whole case is already vibrating slightly.

Does anyone know a source for slightly softer or slightly harder rubber?
Or does anyone have any other ideas?

timstm

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 29, 2022
I'm trying to mockup the Side fan bracket for the NCase M1 v6.1 so that I can get it 3D printed. I purchased a case used and it didn't have the bracket. Would it be possible to get a source file or measurements for that component?