NCASE M1 V6 info

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
... Rx 5700xt Strix fitted easily when you put it though the front first and slide it in place afterwards. Rests nicely on the front i/o cables.

Sound good, maybe the golden standard for RX5700? Is it correct, that general the strix series allows to use 120x25 fans below the de-shrouded one? From pictures I've seen it shall possible (with/without ?) removing some tabs at cooler (concrete it was a GForce). Also I'm happy that's possible even with full front I/O. Do you have any progress with respect to remove the shroud (even with more pictures)?

Addendum:
If i spin the idea like this, almost every < 300mm AIB (e.g. Powercolor Red Dragon 5700XT) should fit without shroud; the question would be how easy it is to remove the shrout and how the 120x25 would fit perfectly underneath it. Isn't it?

Last edited:

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Sound good, maybe the golden standard for RX5700? Is it correct, that general the strix series allows to use 120x25 fans below the de-shrouded one? From pictures I've seen it shall possible (with/without ?) removing some tabs at cooler (concrete it was a GForce). Also I'm happy that's possible even with full front I/O. Do you have any progress with respect to remove the shroud (even with more pictures)?

Addendum:
If i spin the idea like this, almost every < 300mm AIB (e.g. Powercolor Red Dragon 5700XT) should fit without shroud; the question would be how easy it is to remove the shrout and how the 120x25 would fit perfectly underneath it. Isn't it?
The strix fits perfectly now! Will make more pictures when I installed the c14s and have some temps for comparison. Ram heaven 4.0 today some more so ill compare to that later. I have't deshrouded and the fans of the strix can spin at 50% on heaven 4.0 for temps 63 and 80 junction. 35-40% should be fine for gaming, which isnt really audible (Above 40% somewhat is a little). Therefore ill keep it stock like this.

The thing is for deshrouding: it only improves temps and noise when the fans are completely against the shroud. Someone made 3d printed spacers for the rx 5700xt gaming oc in another thread (which is a little bit too thick with shroud but too small when deshrouded).
The strix is perfect since the card+heatsink without shroud is exactly 2 slots thick, which will aline perfectly for 12x25 fans, and you can also connect the fans to the graphics card itself via the fan headers.
You only have to bend the taps, but that isnt hard which I read from others.

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
Addendum:

After even more looking for, the Powercolor Red Dragon 5700XT hasn't have recessed power connectors, even if is more quiet following several tests.

Leith

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2019
Hey Guys I‘m new here and super interested in getting the m1 v6. Since i’ve just missed the release window I‘m wondering when it‘ll be available again. I know it says estimated january - does that mean:
a) The case is available for preorder in jan
or
b) The case will be available to preorder sometime in advance and will be shipping in Jan
I hope I‘m not breaking any forum rules asking this question here. Thanks a lot guys

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Hey guys, just wanted to share my build with you all. I must say, it was pretty difficult getting everything in that small little case. The worse part was the cable management, but I tried my best. Custom sleeved and properly measured cables are the way to go. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to overcome the price tag on custom sleeved and measured cables for this case, so I went with the Corsair ones. These cables are ok, you need to manipulate them a lot and use some combs and imagination. An AIO is nice for this build and I wanted to take advantage that the case is capable. However, I am interested in looking into an air cooler so I can remove the SATA connection, AIO and all its cables, and the fan controller. Less is better! Anyways, I think they turned out alright! Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions.

P.S- I went with the MSI b450i because of price and the asus x570 mini itx wasn’t available, plus I don’t need any features on an x570 board. Anyways, updating the bios and throwing the 3700x on there was a breeze. No issues at all, no long boot sequences. 3700x voltages are normal ranging from 0.94v-1.4v. Seems like the normal Ryzen behavior. Reading on the forums and reddit makes it sound like a nightmare.

Last edited:

Napostrophe

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2019
Is there any news on when the next production run of silver M1s will be? Just put in the order for all my parts for my new build, all I'm waiting on is M1 availability.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
See that's what I was thinking but SFFLab specifically says that for the black M1s, saying nothing about silver, making me wonder if a run is happening sooner (or, god forbid, later)
Next run should be both colors - not quite sure why it refers to only black. It may be that notice was posted back when there were still some silver in stock.

You the person that asked about this on reddit btw?

Last edited:

Napostrophe

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2019
Next run should be both colors - not quite sure why it refers to only black. It may be that notice was posted back when there were still some silver in stock.

You the person that asked about this on reddit btw?
Oh that's good to know.
No i'm not the person that asked on Reddit

rfarmer

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jul 7, 2017
So I just managed to break one of the side panel sockets. See picture.

So right now I want to buy some spare sockets and a reversed power cable. Are these gonna be available for me to purchase from sfflab @Necere? I know you have said the power cable may come into stock soon, but what about the sockets?
Wait for @Necere to confirm but I am pretty sure they are just regular Lina Li panel sockets that you can get here.