NCASE M1 V6 info

JPa

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
@Necere I've notice my side panels is starting to curve rather a lot. It wasn't that big a problem at first, but lately, it's been getting worse I think.

Any help/idea who to contact?

Reactions: xSDMx

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Hello @Necere
Honestly I am very surprised with the nCASE, it is a box that had been following it for years and in this V6 version I decided to launch and buy one. After the Raijintek Ophion EVO that surprised me greatly in terms of temperatures, I did not expect to see another box of the same characteristics in SFF format.

With air cooling with a Noctua NH-C14, in nCASE I have obtained the same temperatures as in the Ophion EVO, and that in that box I could not put the side covers because the cooler was very large. The nCASE, having the side covers installed, has given me practically the same CPU temperatures, the difference was 1 or 2 degrees ...

I canceled my first purchase intention of this version because I lost my job ... Luckily I had a week after finding a job and placing the order again. I currently have a box that I had in love with and I love it, in addition to having incredible benefits.

They have reason, when they say that it is the best SFF box over the years. Therefore, you have released the bach or version V6.

My intention to ride first by air is that I wanted to have a reference in the first person and thus be able to compare when installing liquid cooling.

Now I will enjoy a while on the air, then I will assemble the customized liquid cooling and to compare. I will tell you and share all my impressions.

My most sincere congratulations on the box. By design, configuration and utility.

CONGRATS!!!

Regards, JaPeMo

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello @Necere
Honestly I am very surprised with the nCASE, it is a box that had been following it for years and in this V6 version I decided to launch and buy one. After the Raijintek Ophion EVO that surprised me greatly in terms of temperatures, I did not expect to see another box of the same characteristics in SFF format.

With air cooling with a Noctua NH-C14, in nCASE I have obtained the same temperatures as in the Ophion EVO, and that in that box I could not put the side covers because the cooler was very large. The nCASE, having the side covers installed, has given me practically the same CPU temperatures, the difference was 1 or 2 degrees ...

I canceled my first purchase intention of this version because I lost my job ... Luckily I had a week after finding a job and placing the order again. I currently have a box that I had in love with and I love it, in addition to having incredible benefits.

They have reason, when they say that it is the best SFF box over the years. Therefore, you have released the bach or version V6.

My intention to ride first by air is that I wanted to have a reference in the first person and thus be able to compare when installing liquid cooling.

Now I will enjoy a while on the air, then I will assemble the customized liquid cooling and to compare. I will tell you and share all my impressions.

My most sincere congratulations on the box. By design, configuration and utility.

CONGRATS!!!

Regards, JaPeMo
Thanks. Always nice to hear from people that are happy with the case. ?

raymondzzd

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2019
How did you undervolt the 3900x? Which cpu temperatures have you got?
Thanks a lot!
In ASUS bios, there is a VDDCR CPU Voltage, I set it to offset mode - 0.1000
Idle temperature drop from around 50c to 40c.
Cinebench R20 temperature drop from 85c to 75c. And bench mark is about the same.
Temperature reading is from Ryzen master. As you may know, the temperature jumps a lot.

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
I've seen Optimum Tech review, what a wonderful case!
The only question I have, why wasn't a top fan mount support implemented? Is't physically possible or just not worth it?
From the looks of it, it should make a significant difference.

Reactions: Mocoso

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I've seen Optimum Tech review, what a wonderful case!
The only question I have, why wasn't a top fan mount support implemented? Is't physically possible or just not worth it?
From the looks of it, it should make a significant difference.
Not enough room, a 120mm (even a slim one) wouldn't clear the motherboard.

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
I see, thanks for answering.

In this case (pun intended), what's the best or recommended air cooling configuration?
A. Top-down CPU cooler (which one?) with 2x120mm fans on the bottom as intake, another one on the side panel over the CPU cooler as intake, and one 92mm at the rear as exhaust.
B. Tower CPU cooler (which one?) with 2x120mm fans on the bottom as intake and 92mm at the rear as exhaust.
C. Other?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I see, thanks for answering.

In this case (pun intended), what's the best or recommended air cooling configuration?
A. Top-down CPU cooler (which one?) with 2x120mm fans on the bottom as intake, another one on the side panel over the CPU cooler as intake, and one 92mm at the rear as exhaust.
B. Tower CPU cooler (which one?) with 2x120mm fans on the bottom as intake and 92mm at the rear as exhaust.
C. Other?
It depends on the exact hardware you're planning to use. For example, if you want to have a 3.5" HDD you need to use one of the 120mm fan mounts on the side bracket for the HDD cage and you also can't mount the PSU across the front, so that will affect how you can set up the airflow.

Will you be running a stock GPU, or an Accelero (or GPU with fans removed)? If the latter, you can use 120mm fans for bottom exhaust, which is generally considered to provide the best overall thermals as it gets the GPU heat straight out of the case.

For air cooling the CPU, the NH-C14S is a solid option. This does require mounting the PSU across the front, which precludes use of the HDD cage though if you needed that. You'll be limited to a single slim (<15mm) fan on the fan bracket in this configuration, however (cooler is too high for a regular fan, PSU will block a second fan).

You could also go with a tower cooler like the NH-U9S or Thermalright Silver Arrow 130. Running a reverse airflow configuration - with a 92mm rear fan as intake - has produced good results for people. However you do lose the dust filtration of using the side intake.

Personally I still prefer the "as-designed" config: side and bottom fans, all intake for full dust filtering, one rear 92mm as exhaust. May not net the absolute best temps, but good enough and I prefer keeping dust out as much as possible.

Ola

Chassis Packer
Jun 29, 2018
I got my M1 V6 last week, but just came around to build in it, moving my parts from my Kolink Rocket chassi to the M1.
I really enjoy the quality of the chassi.

I actually managed to fit 2x 2,5" mechanical harddrives in the front, which was really great since I'm planning to use the rest of the interior for watercooling in the future.

I also have the usual Corsair SF600 Gold PSU, but the cables are all over the place. Anyone have ideas on good lengths for custom cables? I use the ASUS Strix 370-I ITX motherboard, which places the 24PIN right next to the PSU. I've also reversed the PSU so the fan is on the "backside" of the case.

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
I think I’m cursed or something. First I’ve ordered the strix x570-i on the only site that had it available at the time but since Asus was late delivering the mobo to the seller I had to cancel my order. After that I went on amazon and decided to get the impact since it was only €45 more. I placed my order last Thursday. Now, only one week later I get the message from amazon that the seller that was supposed to send me the mobo took more orders that the actual mobos available so they cancelled my order.
It’s been almost three weeks now since I got all the components of my build waiting... I’ve never seen such bs in my life

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Which CPU cooler should I use in this configuration? With 1 or 2 side fans? 15 or 25mm?
With a tower cooler or NH-C14S you can only use one side fan. There are some other top-down coolers that should allow two fans, e.g. the Be Quiet Dark Rock TF (though mind the motherboard compatibility with this one).

Reactions: ggppdd and Nanook

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

Nice review by Optimum Tech, he has always been a big fan of the Ncase. He did some GPU thermal testing and this shows some improvements with the new side panel ventilation and case bottom design.
Some?! 4 degrees seems a lot to me. Opens a lot more room for overclocking and/or quiet builds. For reference, my full load gpu drops 4 degrees with about 5-10% fan speed (from 30 to 40%) Testing myself some set ups now: losing the dust filter reduces temps by 4 degrees on my rx 5700xt Strix on heaven. Will test losing the bottom plate tomorrow.

Reactions: Nanook and rfarmer

shukero

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 10, 2019
Pending further information from an actual motherboard owner, I have done a lot of measuring of my empty case and researching.
This is what I'm working off so far:
  • There is almost exactly 25mm from the bottom of the case to where the motherboard would end. I'm 95% sure you can fit the fans in, and run the vertical front panel cables behind the edge of the fan (see next point)
  • There is almost exactly 20mm clearance from the edge of the where the 120mm fans would mount to the edge of the case. The motherboard standoffs are 8mm tall, and assuming a standard 6-layer PCB thickness of 1.6mm, you have about 10mm from the surface/edge of the motherboard to the side of the fans (or radiator in my case)
  • The sound card heat spreader is either level or .5mm higher than the PCI-E lane, which is 11.5mm height (based on PCI-E standard). This gives a total case standoff height of around 22m - so the heat spreader would stick out 2mm just above your fans.
  • For further clearance, you could mount the fans on one side only, in the outside/140mm? holes. This is probably what I'll have to do with the radiator + fans in order to clear the sound card heat spreader on the Impact
  • There is about the width of a PCI-E slot clearance between the PCI-E lane and the bottom of the side fan/radiator mount. Given that in all pictures I've seen the SO-DIMM expansion card rests on the graphics card, I'm 95% sure there is enough room for a standard AIO kit - but the radiator can't be more than about 125mm wide (maybe 130mm at a pinch). So no HWlabs radiators for me :(
Will provide confirmation on these points as my build progresses.

Thanks for all the help. I'll keep an eye out for when you finish your project :). If I get to mine first (which I doubt as I'll most likely have enough money at the beginning of next year) then I'll post my results for all to see :).