NCASE M1 V6 info

NEO-LUMIX

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 13, 2019

I bought something but I have a little problem
so I sent an email on October 14th, but I have no reply so I'll post it here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello I am a Ncase M1 V6 buyer.
I received my product today I was impressed by the completeness of the product.
Then there was one thing that caught my eye.
There was a mark on the top of the product.

Can you offer services like top replacement or product replacement?

If you are uncomfortable, it is okay to not provide.
But can you tell me how to buy the top panel?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: xSDMx

Twanvh

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2019

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have to use a magnifying glass to see that scratch, so small it is.

Last edited:

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Hey guys, general question here. So I want to know if anyone else is experiencing a buzzing electrical noise “coil whine” with their Corsair sf 600? Like it’s not high pitched, it’s a buzzing noise only when I get into a game. Aside from that it’s silent out of gaming. During benchmarks, videos, browsing there’s no noise... but when I load up a game That buzzing noise starts. At first I thought it was my AIO pump, I set it to quiet and I can’t hear it. Then I thought possibly my fans, set them to low %rpm, and that buzz was still there. I got closer to the computer, replicated the noise and found that it’s coming from the psu, once a game starts.

Here’s a video I recorded so you guys can listen to it. It’s very audible lol.

Last edited:

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Are you sure is the psu? my card makes multiple noises during gaming, and you can hear them above the fan noise clearly

Reactions: XFC3

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
Usually graphics cards suffer from coil whine. It’s rare to hear it from the psu, especially from manufacturers like corsair or evga

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Which one do you have? The platinum or the gold?
I never read any issues like that with those PSU though.
I have the gold, I’ve been reading online and reddit has many people saying that it was their psu the 600w gold specifically.

Are you sure is the psu? my card makes multiple noises during gaming, and you can hear them above the fan noise clearly
I’m pretty sure it’s the psu, the noise is coming directly from there. In the video I posted I even put the speaker directly to where the psu fan is and it’s extremely audible from there. Anywhere else I heard the noise less. I was thinking that it might be my gpu also, but I have a 1080ti that never ever made that noise from before in my old build. HOWEVER, I did put on the accelero cooler for this build.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

PM your email, I looked over support tickets again, I cannot find your email.

CudB

Chassis Packer
Sep 3, 2019
I have the gold, I’ve been reading online and reddit has many people saying that it was their psu the 600w gold specifically.

I’m pretty sure it’s the psu, the noise is coming directly from there. In the video I posted I even put the speaker directly to where the psu fan is and it’s extremely audible from there. Anywhere else I heard the noise less. I was thinking that it might be my gpu also, but I have a 1080ti that never ever made that noise from before in my old build. HOWEVER, I did put on the accelero cooler for this build.

I had a Seasonic x760 a few years back that had some coil whine. When I brought it in to the store the employee had to strain to hear it with the store's ambient noise, but it was driving me nuts at home. My replacement (same model) had no problem so there certainly is some variance between high-end PSUs.

I had to stick my ear to every part of the case to figure out where it was coming from haha.

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
I had a Seasonic x760 a few years back that had some coil whine. When I brought it in to the store the employee had to strain to hear it with the store's ambient noise, but it was driving me nuts at home. My replacement (same model) had no problem so there certainly is some variance between high-end PSUs.

I had to stick my ear to every part of the case to figure out where it was coming from haha.

that’s exactly what I did last night. Once I shut down the AIO pump and fans. I replicated the noise put my ear all around the case and sure enough it was heard coming from the Psu specifically. Everywhere else the noise was just not as intense.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Anyone tried a 90mm fan at the back of the Ncase v6 with a c14s installed? A lot of people use them on other ncase builds. I just doubt if it makes any difference in the ncase v6 due to better ventilation.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Anyone tried a 90mm fan at the back of the Ncase v6 with a c14s installed? A lot of people use them on other ncase builds. I just doubt if it makes any difference in the ncase v6 due to better ventilation.
It's pretty common, one guy did lot's of testings with tons of different coolers and came to the conclusion that the best setup is: 1x 92mm fan at the back as intake, feeding fresh air to the C14S, the C14S as exhaust towards the side panel, 2x 120mm fans at the bottom as exhaust with the GPU deshrouded + accelero III. The weird thing is that this config is great with the vented side panels but even better with the glass side panel.
I hope this helped!

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Usually graphics cards suffer from coil whine. It’s rare to hear it from the psu, especially from manufacturers like corsair or evga

I think your right ... I think it is the gpu. I lowered the graphical settings in game and it stopped the buzzing. ? When I lower in game settings or put the resolution from 1440p to 1080p the buzzing stops. It’s just so weird, my card never used to buzz like that. I have been playing at 1440p always. The only things that changed were I applied the accelero, psu went from evga750 to Corsair 600w.

Last edited:

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
I think your right ... I think it is the gpu. I lowered the graphical settings in game and it stopped the buzzing. ? When I lower in game settings or put the resolution from 1440p to 1080p the buzzing stops. It’s just so weird, my card never used to buzz like that. I have been playing at 1440p always. The only things that changed were I applied the accelero, psu went from evga750 to Corsair 600w.
It is strange, usually coil wine comes with high FPS. If you decrease resolution, FPS should go up and so the coil wine.
On the other hand, the load on the PSU may decrease as the GPU must be less busy and drain less power.
I don't know where it comes from, but that seems a bit contradictory to me with the GPU fault hypothesis.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I sent a mail to this address before.
design@ncases.com
Is it okay to send an email to this address?
I couldn't find anything else.
I answer that email, and I just checked and it looks like yours ended up in spam for some reason. Anyway, I don't handle anything to do with order support. For that you should contact SFFLab through the contact form.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
What are your specs? Can't seem to find them. When you draw almost 80-100% of the psu, the voltages and resistances change in small ways and could result in resonance in the capacitors and therefore coil whine in the psu or the graphics card. Sometimes a better/more wattage psu can give a more stable power to the gpu and also result in no coil whine. Just stating what I found when I discovered my 515 euro strix has coilwhine... Though this won't go away sadly...

KojimaDaGoat

Cable Smoosher
New User
Sep 27, 2019
I'm wondering on if I will be able to use a kraken x52 or a Corsair h100i with the ROG Crosshair Impact VIII, whilst using the dimm.2 slot, I'm unsure on what the clearance would be and didn't want to take a plunge on the purchase if I'm going to run into clearance issues!

kgi72

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 20, 2019
Hey guys, general question here. So I want to know if anyone else is experiencing a buzzing electrical noise “coil whine” with their Corsair sf 600? Like it’s not high pitched, it’s a buzzing noise only when I get into a game. Aside from that it’s silent out of gaming. During benchmarks, videos, browsing there’s no noise... but when I load up a game That buzzing noise starts. At first I thought it was my AIO pump, I set it to quiet and I can’t hear it. Then I thought possibly my fans, set them to low %rpm, and that buzz was still there. I got closer to the computer, replicated the noise and found that it’s coming from the psu, once a game starts.

Here’s a video I recorded so you guys can listen to it. It’s very audible lol.

I'd think it'd be the GPU, too. Mine (GTX 1060) used to do that too when doing something more demanding. For example, playing high quality anime files with madVR filters enabled. The whine would stop when the video was paused. Come to think of it, I haven't heard it in a long while but I do have an SF450 so it might have been the source, as my SF450 does have other problems, as well (clicking, noisy fan).