NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Update: The ASUS TUF 3090 is watercooled in NCASE M1 with a dual radiator setup. Would I recommend it? Maybe? It's certainly not for the faint of heart and it barely fits -- it takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get the side radiator on. The issue is that the G 1/4" plugs don't sit flush with the GPU terminal, so, you need to shove the radiator over them. I swapped out Bitspower's metal plugs for EKWB's, but it's still 1-2mm too tall for my liking. Does anyone know of G1/4" fittings that sit flush and don't extrude? As I mentioned above, the margin for error is low -- and the fittings are currently eating all of that margin up (and then some).

Anyway, here are pics and temps. GPU temps lowered by 10C, which is OK -- but not great. But the system is a lot quieter, which is nice. And the additional radiator makes my 3950x much cooler.

Setup:
- 3950x PBO limited to 80C
- ASUS TUF 3090 w/ 2 x 180 degree 8 pin adapters, BP-VGAMDLAC-A2 and BP-VG3090AS
- Side radiator: EKWB Classic SE 240 + Notcua NF12-25 x 2. Note that I can't use the XSPC 240 on the side because it's wider than EK's radiator and it won't fit over the G1/4" plugs. If I had flush plugs, this wouldn't be an issue.
- Bottom radiator: XSPC TX240 + Noctua NA12-15 x 2
- Tubing: EKWB ZMT 15.9/9.5mm
- Fittings: Various EKWB Quantum Fittings + Koolance Quick Disconnects w/ some Bitspower fittings
- Iceman Pump/Res
- EKWB EK-Plug G1/4" Acetal (for the terminal on the GPU to reduce height)

Anyone know of G1/4" plugs that sit flush? That would make this setup much better.
I´ve made a mess with the quote, look at the post above :)

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Following on from my recent post and a few days of testing.

My First Build is complete few days ago after receiving my EK Fe Block yesterday after over 6-week wait. Can't get over how small the card in this build is, plenty of room and runs so much cooler than previous and next to no noise.

The only thing that is needed to be highlighted out is that this particular water block is very snug against the IO shield cover on the motherboard, some are not as large as the Asus, it fits but maybe something to be aware of.

My system is by no means perfect but it's my first attempt and I have some further tweaks to do over next week or so.

Spec :

Intel 9900K
Z390 ASUS ROG ITX Board
32GB Trident Neo 3600
2TB Corsair Force Nvme
3080FE / 3080FE EKWB Block ( Black with Chrome / Silver Back )
Corsair SF750 Platinum PSU
NCASE M1 Silver V6.1
Iceman with Alphacool Laing DDC310 Pump
XSPC 240 Ultraslim Rad With Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
EK PE240 Classic Rad With Noctua NF-A12X25
Barrow G1/4" Quick Disconnect Set X2
EKWB Quantum Torque Fittings G1/4
EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm
EKWB Velocity CPU Waterblock
EK Mystic Fog Fluid

After a few days of testing my average temps seem to be around 28/30 and in-game around 54/56 would you say that is around right or should be better?

Really chuffed how its come out though :)

Next few things on my list are to tidy up a few more cables, get a custom sleeved FE power cable, and some tuning so far it runs absolutely brilliant idle's low and temps are pretty impressive to me, no major issues just the routing of cables was a headache but that's probably because it's my first ever custom loop. Overall I am happy with it it's super quiet and I can only faintly hear the pump at 100%.

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
Finally got my 3080 TUF and what should i say, the card is a beast, it does fit very well and without bottom fans, the max temps are around 74 degrees and it is relatively quiet compared to my previous 3070 Eagle OC (there i had two 120mm fans mounted below the GPU, which could be the reason). All in all, really happy now, in combination with a 9900k (240mm Corsair H100i) , 32GB ram and two NVMe SSDs, a wonderful system for my living room on my LG C9, love it!
This case is just insane!! ❤️

Reactions: Teletubby89

4apaef

Case Bender
New User
Nov 30, 2020
Can confirm, that PNY 3080 fits, w/o unshrouding and modifications. Temps are about 82-83 on max load, which is not perfect.
Will pair of Noctua NF-A12x15 will improve it, will it fit at all, somebody tried it?..

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
I've got a chance to buy a strix 2080 heatsink for cheap and I know it was one of the better deshroud heatsinks... Is it plausible to be able to transplant this on any of the recent cards (6800/3070/3080 etc.)?

Has anyone done something similar?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
That´s VERY unlikely, those oem heatsinks look to be very specifi for the model it´s been built to, it would interfere with mossfets or any other thing

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
That´s VERY unlikely, those oem heatsinks look to be very specifi for the model it´s been built to, it would interfere with mossfets or any other thing
Thanks. It looks like a fairly standard PCB layout so I thought maybe it could work.

Looking closer I'd have to avoid cards with the "flow through" heatsink since that places the power connectors closer to the die and they would likely conflict with the heatsink. I thought the reference 6800(xt) cards might work, but looking at the die position the strix die seems to be further away from the PCI x16/motherboard connector, so installing the strix cooler would probably make it impossible to actually install in the motherboard with the heatsink hitting the mobo before the x16 connector, even if nothing else was an issue.

In the end I think I just really wanted it work and was hoping someone would be like "yeah I did that and it works great on X card" lol. I should probably avoid it and save my money though, thanks for steering me away from a mistake ;)

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020

Just to comfirm a Palit 3070 Gaming pro. Fits with front Panel I/O with no mods.

so this would mean that the Palit 3080 Gaming Pro and the Palit 3090 Gaming Pro will also fit in the case -without any mods and WITH fron panel i/o?
all three cards have dimensions of: 294x112x60mm

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
I installed the Alphacool G1/4" plugs, but unfortunately they don't seal and cause leaks. Here's a video showing how connecting my quick-disconnects causes an immediate leak on the fittings:

Perhaps the terminal fitting for the bitspower block is slightly larger than it should be, preventing the o-ring from sealing the water; or perhaps these fittings are just ever slightly too narrow. I put back on the EKWB plastic fittings for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fromanotherplanet

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
Anyway, for anyone curious about the experience of watercooling their TUF 3090 in the NCASE M1:

- I'm running an undervolt with 1800 MHz @ 805mV. Seems to be stable on my silicon, but I need to do longer stress tests to be sure.
- 263W average watt draw on Heaven 4.0 (peak of 285W). The reduced power prevents the SF750 PSU fan from turning on; note that, at stock, the 360W the GPU pulls caused my SF750 PSU fan to turn on -- perhaps because I'm pairing it with a 3950x, which also pulls some high wattage. The lower wattage also drastically reduced the humming from the capacitor vibrations under load.
- Average temp 51C with a max of 53 after 20m of Heaven 4.0. NF-AF12x25 running at ~1100RPM (silent-ish) and NF-AF12x15 running at ~900RPM (silent-ish); as mentioned above, PSU fan is not enabled.

If you're watercooling the 3090 and care about silence in the NCASE M1, I recommend you take a look at undervolting. This may not be an issue for larger cases with more noise insulation, but the capacitor humming and PSU fan were pretty distracting at stock with the waterblock on in the NCASE M1.

Last edited:

Fromanotherplanet

Chassis Packer
Dec 3, 2020
I installed the Alphacool G1/4" plugs, but unfortunately they don't seal and cause leaks. Here's a video showing how connecting my quick-disconnects causes an immediate leak on the fittings:

Perhaps the terminal fitting for the bitspower block is slightly larger than it should be, preventing the o-ring from sealing the water; or perhaps these fittings are just ever slightly too narrow. I put back on the EKWB plastic fittings for now.
I'm no expert but... it looks like that happens because the quick-releases spike the pressure within your system beyond what that plug can take. Obviously you don't want equipment that has tolerances so close to the operational mean. But is there not a way that you can prevent that pressure build up within the loop? Can you open the loop, maybe at the top of the reservoir?

Reactions: schiffy

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
@Fromanotherplanet you're exactly right. Right after I saw the leak yesterday, I blamed it on pent-up pressure from too much water in my loop. So I drained the loop, and, as I refilled it, the leak immediately surfaced again. Because the loop was only partially filled, there should have only been a small of water pressure against those fittings. Given a small amount of water pressure was causing the leaks, I think the fittings don't...fit! If you have any other ideas or things I should try, LMK!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fromanotherplanet

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I’d suggest if possible to try slightly larger o-rings on the Alphacool plugs and see if it helps

P.S: finally after months I managed to finish my system, temps are very respectable I think with CPU: 73c/45c and GPU: 60c/35c, these are max temps under full load and idle/general browsing/working. The system is inaudible in general use and only very slightly noticeable at load, all fans max at 1300rpm and the pump at 50% (at load).

Last edited:

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020
Anyway, for anyone curious about the experience of watercooling their TUF 3090 in the NCASE M1:

- I'm running an undervolt with 1800 MHz @ 805mV. Seems to be stable on my silicon, but I need to do longer stress tests to be sure.
- 263W average watt draw on Heaven 4.0 (peak of 285W). The reduced power prevents the SF750 PSU fan from turning on; note that, at stock, the 360W the GPU pulls caused my SF750 PSU fan to turn on -- perhaps because I'm pairing it with a 3950x, which also pulls some high wattage. The lower wattage also drastically reduced the humming from the capacitor vibrations under load.
- Average temp 51C with a max of 53 after 20m of Heaven 4.0. NF-AF12x25 running at ~1100RPM (silent-ish) and NF-AF12x15 running at ~900RPM (silent-ish); as mentioned above, PSU fan is not enabled.

If you're watercooling the 3090 and care about silence in the NCASE M1, I recommend you take a look at undervolting. This may not be an issue for larger cases with more noise insulation, but the capacitor humming and PSU fan were pretty distracting at stock with the waterblock on in the NCASE M1.
What waterblock do you use on your Asus tUf 3090?
Ist the ncase sidepanel closing find?

oo7trigger

Cable Smoosher
Nov 5, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a question.

I'm planning to build in the Ncase with Asus tuf RTX 3080 OC soon. So I understand I need to buy two of those 8-pin 180-degree adapters for that. ( like in the link above ModDIY connectors )
But I'm not sure which one to choose: ( 8-pin Type A or 8-pin Type B ) ? 🤔