NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
With all these newer generation GPU getting larger, would it be preferable to squeeze the coolest running, for example something like the ASUS TUF and perhaps no slim fans underneath as doubt they will fit? Or a slimmer GPU that perhaps runs hotter, but with the slim fans underneath?

Just wondering which would be of the most benefit ie fit coolest running GPU and no additional fans for circulation or fans circulating a warmer GPU.....

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
I think part BP-VGAMDLAC-A2 will hit your fan on the side radiator?

Including the fittings, my measurements show that I would need 36mm of clearance between the GPU and the side radiator. I'm using a TX240 for the side radiator, and there's 38mm of clearance from the GPU to the radiator. Cautiously optimistic...2mm isn't a lot of room to work with -- nor is it a comfortable margin of error -- but it's enough where I can hopefully make things work. The parts are coming in within the next 2 weeks (hopefully before the new year), so I'll post an update after I've tried! If it doesn't fit, I'll probably sell the card.

Reactions: paulesko

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
As an aside, the TUF 3090 runs quite well in my NCASE M1. I'm surprised that it's actually relatively quiet -- it's definitely not silent under load, and the fans are far from annoying. The card seems to max out at around 70C when gaming, which isn't that bad either (and far cooler than my 3950x). If I hadn't already invested in a watercooling setup, I'd likely run it on air since it's a fine experience. I haven't tried shoving my Noctua 15mm fans under it, but I doubt they'd fit. If they did, there'd be no room between the GPU and fans.

Reactions: andy66

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
As an aside, the TUF 3090 runs quite well in my NCASE M1. I'm surprised that it's actually relatively quiet -- it's definitely not silent under load, and the fans are far from annoying. The card seems to max out at around 70C when gaming, which isn't that bad either (and far cooler than my 3950x). If I hadn't already invested in a watercooling setup, I'd likely run it on air since it's a fine experience. I haven't tried shoving my Noctua 15mm fans under it, but I doubt they'd fit. If they did, there'd be no room between the GPU and fans.
Very interesting, but how are you planning to watercool the tuf gaming on the ncase? does it fit?

edit: sorry. I just wasn´t paying attention. Very interesting. It´s the best 3090 for the money (if that does apply here lol) you can find

Last edited:

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
Short question: When installing a TUF 3080 inside the Ncase, is it better to add no fans underneath the GPU, or do two slim 120mmfans help with temps? Or do they o ly generate noise a lot of noise?

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
Check the post 2 above yours. @schiffy is running a 3090 TUF with max temps of 70C. I would run it without fans myself.
Thank you, i didn't tough about that the TUF 3090 has the same dimensions. I think i will run them without fans underneath too.

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
3080FE Block Arrived today fitted and installed with my build , few tweeks to do yet , Loads of room now in the NCASE M1, Need to be aware of some mini itx boards it was a tight fit near the PCIE.

Mid Build - Will update soon

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Need a custom sleeved cable now as the nvidia one is dog dung.

Some undervaluing next and tweeks , first ever pc custom loop.

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
the FE card is tinyyyy. I love that setup
Cheers first-ever custom loop so took me a while

Just posted a build log nothing special :)

r3fl3x

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 9, 2020
Palit Rtx 3080 Gamingpro OC fits easily and perfectly with slight adjustment in V5. I just cut the corner of the front usb plastic and removed the audio ports since I'm not using them. Also I think this is a good candidate for deshroud but there is 2 warranty stickers. Probably I'm not gonna bother with it unless the noise gets me at some point.

Palit Rtx 3080 Gamingpro OC Deshroud

reddit post with some details :

Reactions: Fromanotherplanet

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
Update: The ASUS TUF 3090 is watercooled in NCASE M1 with a dual radiator setup. Would I recommend it? Maybe? It's certainly not for the faint of heart and it barely fits -- it takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get the side radiator on. The issue is that the G 1/4" plugs don't sit flush with the GPU terminal, so, you need to shove the radiator over them. I swapped out Bitspower's metal plugs for EKWB's, but it's still 1-2mm too tall for my liking. Does anyone know of G1/4" fittings that sit flush and don't extrude? As I mentioned above, the margin for error is low -- and the fittings are currently eating all of that margin up (and then some).

Anyway, here are pics and temps. GPU temps lowered by 10C, which is OK -- but not great. But the system is a lot quieter, which is nice. And the additional radiator makes my 3950x much cooler.

Setup:
- 3950x PBO limited to 80C
- ASUS TUF 3090 w/ 2 x 180 degree 8 pin adapters, BP-VGAMDLAC-A2 and BP-VG3090AS
- Side radiator: EKWB Classic SE 240 + Notcua NF12-25 x 2. Note that I can't use the XSPC 240 on the side because it's wider than EK's radiator and it won't fit over the G1/4" plugs. If I had flush plugs, this wouldn't be an issue.
- Bottom radiator: XSPC TX240 + Noctua NA12-15 x 2
- Tubing: EKWB ZMT 15.9/9.5mm
- Fittings: Various EKWB Quantum Fittings + Koolance Quick Disconnects w/ some Bitspower fittings
- Iceman Pump/Res
- EKWB EK-Plug G1/4" Acetal (for the terminal on the GPU to reduce height)

Anyone know of G1/4" plugs that sit flush? That would make this setup much better.

akal.id

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 1, 2021
So my Ncase has arrived today, the good news is my Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ (L310 W134 H55) can fit in (barely), and not as difficult as I expected, it only took me 5 minutes to adjust the angle.

However, it is not actually 100% fit.

*The cooling module is about 2-3mm longer than the front I/O.
*The bottom of the cooling module is 1-2mm lower than the front I/O because the GPU is a little bit thick.
*Also the GPU is 1mm wider to fit in the case frame.

If you set up the GUP at a normal angle in your motherboard, it will deform the top of the case frame, that you have no way to put the front panel back on.
Or you can adjust 1 degree to let the GUP stuck inside the case frame, which makes the GPU get through the case opening, then you can put back the front panel perfectly.

Now front I/O is actually the most complicated part. Of course you can remove it, but I still want to use the type-C and USB, the meantime I also want the whole build to look perfect.

My way is to remove the front I/O first, then set up the GPU. After setting up the GPU there is a 15-20mm distance between GPU fans and the case bottom, which means there is no way I can put extra fans down there, but space is enough to get the I/O wires to go through. So I put the I/O panel back on, and luckily the front I/O can fit in just like a GPU bracket (1-2mm height error). The front I/O is supporting the edge of the GPU cooling module, it won't hit the GPU fan at all.

The angle of the PCI-E port is slightly off (1-2 degrees), but it doesn't affect the screw on the slot.

And absolutely 90/180 degree GPU power connector needed unless your model cable is soft enough.

I can get into the BIOS and GPU works fine, but I couldn't test more because my SSD still on the way. (Sorry about that)

Overview:
I guess Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ is the largest GPU that could fit in the Ncase, the dimensions are 1-2mm larger than the maximum proper size. I can manually adjust the tiny gap easily, but still hard to set up or remove.

The official dimension of Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ is L310 W134 H55, but I have measured as L305-307 W127-135 H50-56 (This GPU is a trapezoid, not a rectangle). So my suggestion is if you gonna put any GPU in the Ncase, the largest dimension shouldn't bigger than L305 W125 H52.
hi there, can you post the picture of your build? i really interested in putting 6800xt nitro to my Ncase m1 v5, my current setup is 5700 xt nitro+

thx

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
Frankly as the Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ and Ncase user I really NOT recommded put this GPU in Ncase. Keep GPU in an inappropriate angle for long term will destined to damage the graphics card and motherboard (even only 1 degree off). What I did to fix the angle was using an Angle Grinder to polish the front I/O and cut part of front opening.
Thank you for sharing this. Did you reshroud the Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ ?? Maybe you can still make photos?