Update: The ASUS TUF 3090 is watercooled in NCASE M1 with a dual radiator setup. Would I recommend it? Maybe? It's certainly not for the faint of heart and it barely fits -- it takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get the side radiator on. The issue is that the G 1/4" plugs don't sit flush with the GPU terminal, so, you need to shove the radiator over them. I swapped out Bitspower's metal plugs for EKWB's, but it's still 1-2mm too tall for my liking. Does anyone know of G1/4" fittings that sit flush and don't extrude? As I mentioned above, the margin for error is low -- and the fittings are currently eating all of that margin up (and then some).
Anyway, here are pics and temps. GPU temps lowered by 10C, which is OK -- but not great. But the system is a lot quieter, which is nice. And the additional radiator makes my 3950x much cooler.
Setup:
- 3950x PBO limited to 80C
- ASUS TUF 3090 w/ 2 x 180 degree 8 pin adapters, BP-VGAMDLAC-A2 and BP-VG3090AS
- Side radiator: EKWB Classic SE 240 + Notcua NF12-25 x 2. Note that I can't use the XSPC 240 on the side because it's wider than EK's radiator and it won't fit over the G1/4" plugs. If I had flush plugs, this wouldn't be an issue.
- Bottom radiator: XSPC TX240 + Noctua NA12-15 x 2
- Tubing: EKWB ZMT 15.9/9.5mm
- Fittings: Various EKWB Quantum Fittings + Koolance Quick Disconnects w/ some Bitspower fittings
- Iceman Pump/Res
- EKWB EK-Plug G1/4" Acetal (for the terminal on the GPU to reduce height)
Anyone know of G1/4" plugs that sit flush? That would make this setup much better.
I´ve made a mess with the quote, look at the post above