NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Lardroom

Case Bender
New User
Dec 15, 2020
First time SFF builder, and when I saw the NCASE M1 v6.1, I had to try to build in it. I've lucked out and managed to get a 6900XT reference cooler version. Looks like it has the exact same dimensions as the reference 6800xt cards. Those are listed as compatible, with the recommendation of 180 degree adapters, which I've gotten.

It looks like the thickness is just a bit less than 50mm (49.75mm), so I'm wondering about the installation of 2x120mm slim fans at the bottom. While it appears that the slim fans would perfectly fit, I' m wondering if this would be worth it or would it cause turbulence to the GPU fans.

kotchi

Efficiency Noob
Dec 14, 2020
First time SFF builder, and when I saw the NCASE M1 v6.1, I had to try to build in it. I've lucked out and managed to get a 6900XT reference cooler version. Looks like it has the exact same dimensions as the reference 6800xt cards. Those are listed as compatible, with the recommendation of 180 degree adapters, which I've gotten.

It looks like the thickness is just a bit less than 50mm (49.75mm), so I'm wondering about the installation of 2x120mm slim fans at the bottom. While it appears that the slim fans would perfectly fit, I' m wondering if this would be worth it or would it cause turbulence to the GPU fans.

I asked the same question about the Gigabyte Vision (listed at 51mm) and was told 15mm fans may fit but being that close could cause turbulence

Lardroom

Case Bender
New User
Dec 15, 2020
I asked the same question about the Gigabyte Vision (listed at 51mm) and was told 15mm fans may fit but being that close could cause turbulence

Hmm..thanks. I've got a bit more clearance as the 6900XT is 50mm and I've got a pair of 12mm fans. I don't know if that distance is far enough. I guess I'll run some tests.

Simpan

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 16, 2020
So my Ncase has arrived today, the good news is my Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ (L310 W134 H55) can fit in (barely), and not as difficult as I expected, it only took me 5 minutes to adjust the angle.

However, it is not actually 100% fit.

*The cooling module is about 2-3mm longer than the front I/O.
*The bottom of the cooling module is 1-2mm lower than the front I/O because the GPU is a little bit thick.
*Also the GPU is 1mm wider to fit in the case frame.

If you set up the GUP at a normal angle in your motherboard, it will deform the top of the case frame, that you have no way to put the front panel back on.
Or you can adjust 1 degree to let the GUP stuck inside the case frame, which makes the GPU get through the case opening, then you can put back the front panel perfectly.

Now front I/O is actually the most complicated part. Of course you can remove it, but I still want to use the type-C and USB, the meantime I also want the whole build to look perfect.

My way is to remove the front I/O first, then set up the GPU. After setting up the GPU there is a 15-20mm distance between GPU fans and the case bottom, which means there is no way I can put extra fans down there, but space is enough to get the I/O wires to go through. So I put the I/O panel back on, and luckily the front I/O can fit in just like a GPU bracket (1-2mm height error). The front I/O is supporting the edge of the GPU cooling module, it won't hit the GPU fan at all.

The angle of the PCI-E port is slightly off (1-2 degrees), but it doesn't affect the screw on the slot.

And absolutely 90/180 degree GPU power connector needed unless your model cable is soft enough.

I can get into the BIOS and GPU works fine, but I couldn't test more because my SSD still on the way. (Sorry about that)

Overview:
I guess Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ is the largest GPU that could fit in the Ncase, the dimensions are 1-2mm larger than the maximum proper size. I can manually adjust the tiny gap easily, but still hard to set up or remove.

The official dimension of Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ is L310 W134 H55, but I have measured as L305-307 W127-135 H50-56 (This GPU is a trapezoid, not a rectangle). So my suggestion is if you gonna put any GPU in the Ncase, the largest dimension shouldn't bigger than L305 W125 H52.
Thanks for the info, I am considering the Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ as well and was wondering some things.

Do you have any pictures of it installed? How tight of a fit is it width/height-wise, you mention that 90/180 degree PCIE adapters are needed unless the model cable is soft enough. I think it might be possible without thanks to the recessed power connectors on the card (they don't seem to be located at the edge of the card but maybe 1-2 cm further in?). I'd be grateful for any insight into this!

Fromanotherplanet

Chassis Packer
Dec 3, 2020
That's a good point. There's no information to verify but you could be right. Does someone want to contact alphacool for the diagram with dimensions?

The Alphacool Eisblock ES Acetal RTX 3080/3090 Reference with Backplate is too big unfortunately.

"all dimension are without the PCB and Backplate. With the mounted PCB and Backplate the water block is approx. 8-9mm thicker."

So that 27mm is pointing down from the PCB.

*edit* Just to clarify. I mean that there isn't enough room for a second rad+fans to function under the water block.

Last edited:

rickster

Chassis Packer
Oct 24, 2020
The Alphacool Eisblock ES Acetal RTX 3080/3090 Reference with Backplate is too big unfortunately.

"all dimension are without the PCB and Backplate. With the mounted PCB and Backplate the water block is approx. 8-9mm thicker."

So that 27mm is pointing down from the PCB.

*edit* Just to clarify. I mean that there isn't enough room for a second rad+fans to function under the water block.
Thanks for checking.

here's someone with the EK founders block:

Says there's 5mm between the bock and their fans/rad

My case just came today, so all i need to do is get the gpu/block. I might wait in line at the microcenter near me. I'm in the unofficial discord and people are saying show up 12 hours before the store opens... 1st world problems.

edit

per the discord chat, the microcenter had 12 people in line at 11pm. Store opens at 9am. I didn't really plan on showing up that early. Oh well. Apparently they don't get shipments on the weekends. but the microcenter discord seems to be filled with trolls/conflicting information. It's sad they haven't released a comprehensive guide on how they operate. but it seems like just show up at 10-11pm and you can sleep/wait in your as long as you make it to their 3 roll calls before they open

this seems like the best way for me to get it before the end of the year, guess i got to take random days off work

Last edited:

Fromanotherplanet

Chassis Packer
Dec 3, 2020
Says there's 5mm between the bock and their fans/rad

My case just came today, so all i need to do is get the gpu/block. I might wait in line at the microcenter near me. I'm in the unofficial discord and people are saying show up 12 hours before the store opens... 1st world problems.

edit

per the discord chat, the microcenter had 12 people in line at 11pm. Store opens at 9am. I didn't really plan on showing up that early. Oh well. Apparently they don't get shipments on the weekends. but the microcenter discord seems to be filled with trolls/conflicting information. It's sad they haven't released a comprehensive guide on how they operate. but it seems like just show up at 10-11pm and you can sleep/wait in your as long as you make it to their 3 roll calls before they open

this seems like the best way for me to get it before the end of the year, guess i got to take random days off work
Thanks for the link I had discounted EK's FE block too soon it seems.
Now all I need is for EK to bring out a 3090 FE version and for the XSPC TX240 to come into stock (currently nowhere on this cursed planet) and I'm good to go.

I can't imagine what it's like camping outside overnight in the winter just to be able to snag a GPU. wrap up well!

I managed to grab a 3090FE through a discord stock drop alert. You have to be careful with those though. You won't catch anything if you hesitate but the flip side is you're relying on the stock alert to be accurate. I'm still waiting for a refund from the 3900x I bought from following a 5900x alert up the garden path.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Thanks for the link I had discounted EK's FE block too soon it seems.
Now all I need is for EK to bring out a 3090 FE version and for the XSPC TX240 to come into stock (currently nowhere on this cursed planet) and I'm good to go.

I can't imagine what it's like camping outside overnight in the winter just to be able to snag a GPU. wrap up well!

I managed to grab a 3090FE through a discord stock drop alert. You have to be careful with those though. You won't catch anything if you hesitate but the flip side is you're relying on the stock alert to be accurate. I'm still waiting for a refund from the 3900x I bought from following a 5900x alert up the garden path.
There is a guy on this forum selling two two tx240 that look like new

LukeZ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 30, 2020
Thanks for the info, I am considering the Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ as well and was wondering some things.

Do you have any pictures of it installed? How tight of a fit is it width/height-wise, you mention that 90/180 degree PCIE adapters are needed unless the model cable is soft enough. I think it might be possible without thanks to the recessed power connectors on the card (they don't seem to be located at the edge of the card but maybe 1-2 cm further in?). I'd be grateful for any insight into this!
Sorry I didn't take any photos, and I'm on the holiday so I'm not able to take photos now.

I guess I forgot to metion the reason why 90/180 adapter needed, because I've set up the 240 AIO watercooling, I don't want the power cable hit the radiator fans, but in fact 90/180 adapter is not 100% necessary, the gap between the power cable and the case is like 50mm - 100mm.

Frankly as the Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ and Ncase user I really NOT recommded put this GPU in Ncase. Keep GPU in an inappropriate angle for long term will destined to damage the graphics card and motherboard (even only 1 degree off). What I did to fix the angle was using an Angle Grinder to polish the front I/O and cut part of front opening.

Saphyaer

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 24, 2020
Hi, guys. I am a newcomer at this forum. I have just ordered the Ncase M1 and am very excited for my frist build in almost 8-9 years.
I want to know whether would there be problem for the following GPUs to get into the Ncase M1 and still keep the front I/O and install 2 bottom slim fans:
1. Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC 286 x 115 x 51 mm
2. Asus 3060ti Twin fan 269x136x52mm .

Thanks in advance.

yimingwuzere

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2020
Hi, guys. I am a newcomer at this forum. I have just ordered the Ncase M1 and am very excited for my frist build in almost 8-9 years.
I want to know whether would there be problem for the following GPUs to get into the Ncase M1 and still keep the front I/O and install 2 bottom slim fans:

Thanks in advance.
Refer to the diagram in post 1 - the Gigabyte should fit since max GPU length for 55mm and 51mm thick cards is 286 and 293mm respectively.
The Asus card is too short to affect the front I/O, but you will need low profile PCIE power adapters to close the side panel.

Saphyaer

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 24, 2020
Refer to the diagram in post 1 - the Gigabyte should fit since max GPU length for 55mm and 51mm thick cards is 286 and 293mm respectively.
The Asus card is too short to affect the front I/O, but you will need low profile PCIE power adapters to close the side panel.
Thank you!

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
For anyone in a similar boat, I'm trying to watercool my TUF 3090 in my NCASE M1 with a dual radiator setup. I've asked Bitspower Support whether a TUF 3090 could fit in the NCASE M1 using their waterblock and a compact terminal end. They explained combining BP-VGAMDLAC-A2 with BP-VG3090ASF will result in a width less than 140mm, which should do the trick. It'll be tight, but things are looking good. In a few week's time, I'll know if it works when the parts arrive (until then it's running on air), and I'll give an update.

schiffy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2020
For anyone in a similar boat, I'm trying to watercool my TUF 3090 in my NCASE M1 with a dual radiator setup. I've asked Bitspower Support whether a TUF 3090 could fit in the NCASE M1 using their waterblock and a compact terminal end. They explained combining BP-VGAMDLAC-A2 with BP-VG3090ASF will result in a width less than 140mm, which should do the trick. It'll be tight, but things are looking good. In a few week's time, I'll know if it works when the parts arrive (until then it's running on air), and I'll give an update.

rickster

Chassis Packer
Oct 24, 2020
I think part BP-VGAMDLAC-A2 will hit your fan on the side radiator?

lodger

Cable Smoosher
Jul 8, 2018

Just to comfirm a Palit 3070 Gaming pro. Fits with front Panel I/O with no mods.

Reactions: Blubbie21

kotchi

Efficiency Noob
Dec 14, 2020

Thanks in advance.
I'm actually not so sure if you'll be able to fit slim fans underneath. I asked a similar question (page 41 of the thread) in relation to the Gigabyte 3070 Vision which has the same dimensions and was told that the slim fans would likely cause turbulence by virtue of being so close to the GPU

Reactions: Saphyaer