NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

apoque

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 17, 2020
In case anyone was wondering, neither XFX Mec319 6800 nor 6800xt will fit. According to XFX's site they are 340 x 139 x 57 and 340 x 138 x 54 respectively. 340mm is much to long to realistically fit in the M1.

seigs

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 30, 2020
Didn’t see anyone post about Gigabyte’s AORUS Master 3070 but I can confirm fitment in the V6. Slight angling is needed to get the card inside the case, unsure if you can have the front panel connectors since I don’t use them. The card has recessed power connectors so no issues with any bulging panel/no need for low profile adapters. Doesn’t look like even slim fans could fit underneath.

4apaef

Case Bender
New User
Nov 30, 2020
Hi, I'm building the V6 + 3080 rig, and now trying to understand which GPU I can get.

The list in the header shows that Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity fits with "difficult installation", and 3080 with the same dimensions doesn't. It's a list not updated yet, or it's confirmed "not fits"? I saw V6 with Trinity here - - looks like it fits (barely).
Zotac Holo 3080 fits, by the list, even w/o "difficult installation", while has larger dimensions (higher and thicker).

Which Zotac better fits the Ncaase?..

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi, I'm building the V6 + 3080 rig, and now trying to understand which GPU I can get.

The list in the header shows that Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity fits with "difficult installation", and 3080 with the same dimensions doesn't. It's a list not updated yet, or it's confirmed "not fits"? I saw V6 with Trinity here - - looks like it fits (barely).
Zotac Holo 3080 fits, by the list, even w/o "difficult installation", while has larger dimensions (higher and thicker).

See the discussion starting here and going on to the next page. Seems like there may be some subtle difference between the 3080 and 3090 versions of the Trinity that isn't reflected in the specs.

toygnome

Case Bender
New User
Nov 30, 2020
Well I didn't think it would fit, but a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra model does indeed fit in there. Even managed to keep the front IO panel connectors there. Just barely. I had to angle the front of the card into the small opening in the front of the case and come in at a slight diagonal angle and do some contortionism, but I was able to fit this giant card in there. There's no space for bottom fans as a result.

It also required 3x 180 degree PCIE8 connectors and still a bit of pushing down on the card's front end to angle it down enough to close the case. I could probably shave some foam off of the backs of the 3x 180 degree PCIE8 connectors.

I used these if anyone's curious , had to buy 3 packs since each set only has 1 usable, and I had to buy 6 and return 3 because they mounted the wrong PCIE sockets on 3 of them). Anyways with a Ryzen 5800x and this card and a NZXT x53 Kraken in there there's not much space for air. I did stick a Noctua 92mm fan on the rear but I feel like the right side of the case gets pretty hot. and I would like to put a front fan on the case. I may have to drill holes in the front frame panel to do so. Would nCase consider perforating this area in the future with holes or slits to help facilitate mounting a front fan that can blow past the PSU/CPU area from front to back?

toygnome

Case Bender
New User
Nov 30, 2020
Well I didn't think it would fit, but a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra model does indeed fit in there. Even managed to keep the front IO panel connectors there. Just barely. I had to angle the front of the card into the small opening in the front of the case and come in at a slight diagonal angle and do some contortionism, but I was able to fit this giant card in there. There's no space for bottom fans as a result. I was able to remove it and put it back in as well though that was a royal pain in the rear to do.

It also required 3x 180 degree PCIE8 connectors and still a bit of pushing down on the card's front end to angle it down enough to close the case. I could probably shave some foam off of the backs of the 3x 180 degree PCIE8 connectors to keep from having to do that. The side closes successfully though after pushing down on the front end of the card with the foam a bit.

I used these if anyone's curious , had to buy 3 packs since each set only has 1 usable, and I had to buy 6 and return 3 because they mounted the wrong PCIE sockets on 3 of them). Anyways with a Ryzen 5800x and this card and a NZXT x53 Kraken in there there's not much space for air. I did stick a Noctua 92mm fan on the rear but I feel like the right side of the case gets pretty hot. and I would like to put a front fan on the case. I may have to drill holes in the front frame panel (where a 2.5" HD or Slim DVD drive would normally go) to do so. Would nCase consider perforating this area in the future with holes or slits to help facilitate mounting a front fan that can blow past the PSU/CPU area from front to back?

Ah I see someone did put a FTW3 Ultra RTX 3090 in their M1, same dimensions. Mods can you please modify the Compatibility Spoiler list to say FTW3 Ultra/FTW3 Gaming instead of just FTW3. Though I guess they all have identical dimensions according to EVGA for the FTW3 Ultra/FTW3 Gaming RTX 3090, and FTW3 Ultra/FTW3 Gaming RTX 3080.

I was thinking maybe a blower fan would work where the slim dvd drive/2.5" sata drive would go. Need perforation/slots there though.

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
Well I didn't think it would fit, but a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra model does indeed fit in there. Even managed to keep the front IO panel connectors there. Just barely. I had to angle the front of the card into the small opening in the front of the case and come in at a slight diagonal angle and do some contortionism, but I was able to fit this giant card in there. There's no space for bottom fans as a result.

It also required 3x 180 degree PCIE8 connectors and still a bit of pushing down on the card's front end to angle it down enough to close the case. I could probably shave some foam off of the backs of the 3x 180 degree PCIE8 connectors.

I used these if anyone's curious , had to buy 3 packs since each set only has 1 usable, and I had to buy 6 and return 3 because they mounted the wrong PCIE sockets on 3 of them). Anyways with a Ryzen 5800x and this card and a NZXT x53 Kraken in there there's not much space for air. I did stick a Noctua 92mm fan on the rear but I feel like the right side of the case gets pretty hot. and I would like to put a front fan on the case. I may have to drill holes in the front frame panel to do so. Would nCase consider perforating this area in the future with holes or slits to help facilitate mounting a front fan that can blow past the PSU/CPU area from front to back?
I order the 180 degree PCIE8 connectors. Do they affect the stability of the power supply?

LukeZ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 30, 2020
I checked the card out and unfortunately the Sapphire Nitro + SE Edition is to long for Ncase M1. It wont fit.
I got the tip to check out the Gigabyte 6800 Aorus versions. Those are 3 slot, but shorter. Or else I will wait till February 2021 for Nvidia 3070 TI.

It's just, this generation GPU cards are huge and don't have great designs in my opinion.

Frankly I don't think so. My plan A is trying to fit 6800xt red devil in Ncase, but it won't fit at all after doing some research. So I changed red devil to 6800xt Nitro+ with my plan B. I've been measured for weeks and highly possible 6800xt Nitro+ would fit tight. I already got the GPU in my hand and the length of the GPU is actually 305mm, not 310mm. My Ncase will deliver this week and I will find out. The worst situation is to remove the GPU fans. Wish me luck tho.

Reactions: Mr.Muhda

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I think it won't fit, that water block is 148mm in height.
Thanks, indeed it doesn’t and although the 3090 TUF OC will fit fine as is, it does not fit with a water lock on. I ended up returning it (will be dropping it off today for a refund) and I have a PNY 3090 on order that I will use an EKWB waterblock on instead.

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
Thanks, indeed it doesn’t and although the 3090 TUF OC will fit fine as is, it does not fit with a water lock on. I ended up returning it (will be dropping it off today for a refund) and I have a PNY 3090 on order that I will use an EKWB waterblock on instead.
are you going for a dual radiator build?

Mr.Muhda

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 16, 2018
Frankly I don't think so. My plan A is trying to fit 6800xt red devil in Ncase, but it won't fit at all after doing some research. So I changed red devil to 6800xt Nitro+ with my plan B. I've been measured for weeks and highly possible 6800xt Nitro+ would fit tight. I already got the GPU in my hand and the length of the GPU is actually 305mm, not 310mm. My Ncase will deliver this week and I will find out. The worst situation is to remove the GPU fans. Wish me luck tho.

Let us know and keep us posted.

I got the information today that my plan B, the Gigabyte Aorus RX 6800 XT USB-C won't fit in Ncase M1.
Dimensions: Length 319 mm, Width 140 mm, Height 70 mm. 😣 I was looking forward for this card, I hope the dimensions are placeholders....

So I will probably wait maybe the Gigabyte 3070 Ti Aorus will be released by then. (It will just miss the USB-C port.)

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
are you going for a dual radiator build?
Yes, hopefully it will work out. I‘m returning the Asus TUF OC tomorrow and the waterblock for it, and I’m waiting for the PNY and it’s waterblock along with some more bits. I’m hoping to have all parts in hand by middle next week so I can finally start the build. Currently using the old trusty air cooled system in my Ncase v5

LukeZ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 30, 2020
So my Ncase has arrived today, the good news is my Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ (L310 W134 H55) can fit in (barely), and not as difficult as I expected, it only took me 5 minutes to adjust the angle.

However, it is not actually 100% fit.

*The cooling module is about 2-3mm longer than the front I/O.
*The bottom of the cooling module is 1-2mm lower than the front I/O because the GPU is a little bit thick.
*Also the GPU is 1mm wider to fit in the case frame.

If you set up the GUP at a normal angle in your motherboard, it will deform the top of the case frame, that you have no way to put the front panel back on.
Or you can adjust 1 degree to let the GUP stuck inside the case frame, which makes the GPU get through the case opening, then you can put back the front panel perfectly.

Now front I/O is actually the most complicated part. Of course you can remove it, but I still want to use the type-C and USB, the meantime I also want the whole build to look perfect.

My way is to remove the front I/O first, then set up the GPU. After setting up the GPU there is a 15-20mm distance between GPU fans and the case bottom, which means there is no way I can put extra fans down there, but space is enough to get the I/O wires to go through. So I put the I/O panel back on, and luckily the front I/O can fit in just like a GPU bracket (1-2mm height error). The front I/O is supporting the edge of the GPU cooling module, it won't hit the GPU fan at all.

The angle of the PCI-E port is slightly off (1-2 degrees), but it doesn't affect the screw on the slot.

And absolutely 90/180 degree GPU power connector needed unless your model cable is soft enough.

I can get into the BIOS and GPU works fine, but I couldn't test more because my SSD still on the way. (Sorry about that)

Overview:
I guess Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ is the largest GPU that could fit in the Ncase, the dimensions are 1-2mm larger than the maximum proper size. I can manually adjust the tiny gap easily, but still hard to set up or remove.

The official dimension of Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ is L310 W134 H55, but I have measured as L305-307 W127-135 H50-56 (This GPU is a trapezoid, not a rectangle). So my suggestion is if you gonna put any GPU in the Ncase, the largest dimension shouldn't bigger than L305 W125 H52.

yimingwuzere

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2020

I have the v1 Ncase on hand and a Holo coming soon, a visual inspection of the case suggest either a deshroud is done or part of the slope at the end of the GPU's shroud needs a bit of sanding down. Will follow up this weekend.

Rawazu

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 2, 2020
For anyone who's interested in water cooling 6800xt, here is the conclusion based on my experience:

1. The only possible option (for now) is reference design pcb + ekwb velocity block + 90 degree customized cnc plexi terminal.
In my current build, I'm using a 90 degree terminal for my 5700xt red devil and it's about 9mm thick. For 6800xt reference design, this number can be loosened to 11~12mm.

2. Based on the measurement above, the space for terminal is only 13mm. This number should be pretty accurate as I calculated based on the width of my 5700xt red devil water block without terminal.
That being said, none of the manufactures can provide a usable waterblock for ncase m1 because the G1/4 hole is 11.8mm, they can't make a regular terminal to include a G1/4 for only 13mm unless they use "uni-body" style copper instead of plexi and screws.

3. On top of that, the slimmest AIB 6800xt card is about 145mm wide (Sapphire nitro+ and red devil). As for my 5700xt red devil, this number is 143 and I have to keep my customized terminal to be 9mm thick. So if you consider AIB 6800xt, you need to make a 7mm thick terminal. It's doable, but plexi can't handle the pressure, you will have to use copper. Also you need to wait EKWB or other manufactures to provide the respective AIB waterblock.

Good luck.
So even the Alphacool reference block for thr 6800/6800 xt wont fit the M1 with its 130 x 262,5 x 24,5 .
Do you know someone who can make a 90 degree customized cnc plexi terminal?

zk2004mb

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2020
So even the Alphacool reference block for thr 6800/6800 xt wont fit the M1 with its 130 x 262,5 x 24,5 .
Do you know someone who can make a 90 degree customized cnc plexi terminal?
I don't know how they measured the 130mm width, weird. It's either EKWB provided a wrong measurement or Alphacool's waterblock won't cover the whole GPU body. We can't tell until someone gets them and measures them.
However, if Alphacool really managed to make a 130mm water block, it should fit if you use some really slim fittings. I wouldn't consider it because the 24.5mm thickness is a dealbreaker, it will choke the bottom fan for the dual rad configuration.
For the cnc part, I ordered from one of my friend. He has the equipment.