NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

zk2004mb

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2020
too wide. The terminal would extend too far (~9mm). Even without the plastic shroud it will not work unfortunatly. EKWB also offers a special edition block which has the terminal recessed slightly, but it is still too wide for the ncase. Sucks that AMD used a wider PCB even for the reference design.
The special edition is too thick about 22mm. It will leave almost 0 room for airflow if you use bottom slim rad and fan.

wiski

Cable Smoosher
Jan 24, 2018
The PowerColor 6800 XT Red Dragon looks like it might fit into the M1 without too much issue. If nothing else it's the shortest AIB 6800 XT I've seen so far, based on my rough Photoshop comparison where it looks about the same length as a Strix 2080 Ti or TUF 3080.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
EK has revealed their 6800/6900 velocity water block. Any chance this can be snugged into M1 V6.1?
Not sure if 139mm is too wide since this number does not include the PCIE connector.
Ncase has 140mm at mid-card. Would be tight but should just fit.
Card height is generally from the edge of the PCIe connector, which the waterblock does not cover. The PCIe connector extends ~13mm, bringing the total height of the card+block to ~152mm. So it's not going to fit.

Rule of thumb: if a card's PCB is taller than reference, it won't fit in the M1 with a waterblock, unless the waterblock has the ports somewhere that they don't add to the height.

rickster

Chassis Packer
Oct 24, 2020
Card height is generally from the edge of the PCIe connector, which the waterblock does not cover. The PCIe connector extends ~13mm, bringing the total height of the card+block to ~152mm. So it's not going to fit.

Rule of thumb: if a card's PCB is taller than reference, it won't fit in the M1 with a waterblock, unless the waterblock has the ports somewhere that they don't add to the height.
Per this link the height of the AMD branded card is 120mm. You can see on EK's mock up, there's a recessed power connector for the card. Then you can look at the PCB and you can see the female power connectors end at 120mm. So you're left with ~19-20mm to fit the male connectors and the power cables. Also you can look at EK's diagram and they're measuring the height to the edge of the inlet/outlet housing, not the edge of the male PCIe connector. It seems like it would be a close fit.

This is currently the thinnest waterblock for the the new GPUs, so if this block fits, it would be amazing for people building dual rad set ups as the 15mm fans won't be choked for air as badly as thicker blocks.

Also what's the ETA on you guys responding to emails sent to your support address?

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
it will be a tight fit, maybe even doesnt. Also, its not a good idea to compare previous generation cards with current. The 6000 has a much higher power draw, so the cooler must be bigger to handle that. And in most generations the design of the cards gets an overhaul. So always check the new cards dimensions
Example:
The 5700xt nitro+ is
2.5 slot, ATX
Dimension: 306x 135 x 49 (mm)
While the 6800 XT nitro + SE is
2.7 slot, ATX
Dimension: 310(L)X 134.3(W)X 55.3 (H)mm
So as you can see the card is a lot bigger, even if it looks pretty similar.

I think they do fit tho. Looking at the dimensions, it isnt impossible to fit them in. Especially the last one will most definitly fit. Seeing the 3080's sizes of AIB cards i dont think this will be a huge issue. Low profile power adapters are needed tho, but the Card itself is not too big I think.

I think the pulse 6800 will fit (barely), but both nitros and the pulse 6800xt won't imo. Here's a couple pictures I dug up on reddit of the nitro 5700xt:

The 5700xt nitro only just barely fit because it had rounded corners. Saphire's 6800s and 6800xts do not have rounded corners and all but the non xt pulse are longer as well. Unless the specifications are inaccurate or you're willing to dremel the vertical support and risk the structural integrity of your case I'm highly doubtful any nitro+ will fit this generation. If you do go for it I'd love to hear if it works, but I'm very doubtful it'll turn out how you want it to :/.

Last edited:

Ashepp

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 24, 2020
I have a Zotac 3080 Amp Holo on the way and I'm having trouble finding out if folks have managed to fit it either shrouded or deshrouded in the M1. I see some folks fitting cards in outside of the specs provided but curious if it's been done before. The card measures: 317.8mm x 131.8mm x 59.6mm on the Zotac specs.

Happy to be the guinea pig here if deshrouding is necessary to try.
Did you have any luck or tips to pass on. I’m in a similar boat and planning on attempting this Friday.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Did you have any luck or tips to pass on. I’m in a similar boat and planning on attempting this Friday.
Based on the measurements it's long enough that it will need to go through the front opening, but wide enough that it won't clear the vertical support :/

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Per this link the height of the AMD branded card is 120mm. You can see on EK's mock up, there's a recessed power connector for the card. Then you can look at the PCB and you can see the female power connectors end at 120mm. So you're left with ~19-20mm to fit the male connectors and the power cables. Also you can look at EK's diagram and they're measuring the height to the edge of the inlet/outlet housing, not the edge of the male PCIe connector. It seems like it would be a close fit.

This is currently the thinnest waterblock for the the new GPUs, so if this block fits, it would be amazing for people building dual rad set ups as the 15mm fans won't be choked for air as badly as thicker blocks.

Here, I've overlaid the PCB and filled in some of the other dimensions so it's clear:

The PCIe connector adds ~13mm to the height, for a total of 152mm, as I stated previously. You can also look at the ports, which overhang by ~28.4mmm, based on my measurement. These might be a little off, but either way it's still going to be too tall.

Also what's the ETA on you guys responding to emails sent to your support address?
Depends on the ticket. Simple tickets are usually within 24 hours. If it's more complicated and takes some time to figure out, it may take longer.

Last edited:

h40io

Case Bender
New User
Nov 21, 2020

You will be addressing it first then, I'm currently traveling and won't actually be building until mid December. Anxiously awaiting though!

popps01

Efficiency Noob
Nov 8, 2020
so do you reckon the 6800xt Red Dragon will fit? my m1 case has been dispatched yesterday, been holding out for a amd reference card but not been lucky

Mr.Muhda

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 16, 2018
it will be a tight fit, maybe even doesnt. Also, its not a good idea to compare previous generation cards with current. The 6000 has a much higher power draw, so the cooler must be bigger to handle that. And in most generations the design of the cards gets an overhaul. So always check the new cards dimensions
Example:
The 5700xt nitro+ is
2.5 slot, ATX
Dimension: 306x 135 x 49 (mm)
While the 6800 XT nitro + SE is
2.7 slot, ATX
Dimension: 310(L)X 134.3(W)X 55.3 (H)mm
So as you can see the card is a lot bigger, even if it looks pretty similar.

I think they do fit tho. Looking at the dimensions, it isnt impossible to fit them in. Especially the last one will most definitly fit. Seeing the 3080's sizes of AIB cards i dont think this will be a huge issue. Low profile power adapters are needed tho, but the Card itself is not too big I think.

I checked the card out and unfortunately the Sapphire Nitro + SE Edition is to long for Ncase M1. It wont fit.
I got the tip to check out the Gigabyte 6800 Aorus versions. Those are 3 slot, but shorter. Or else I will wait till February 2021 for Nvidia 3070 TI.

It's just, this generation GPU cards are huge and don't have great designs in my opinion.

Reactions: Plaklijm

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
I checked the card out and unfortunately the Sapphire Nitro + SE Edition is to long for Ncase M1. It wont fit.
I got the tip to check out the Gigabyte 6800 Aorus versions. Those are 3 slot, but shorter. Or else I will wait till February 2021 for Nvidia 3070 TI.

It's just, this generation GPU cards are huge and don't have great designs in my opinion.

Yeah I'm hoping someone will disassemble the cooler on the 3070/6800 aorus master (smaller than the 3080 version which is like 4 slots). The thickness (60mm) is enough that it might not be able to fit 25mm fans when deshrouded, but I kind of think the shroud+overlapping fan layout are inflating the card's thickness a bit and it might be possible.

It looks like an ideal deshroud card if it will fit with 25mm fans:
-Length+width fills an ncase well while still having a bit of clearance to maybe make installation a bit less of a nightmare.
-Inset 8 pin connectors should help avoid the connector issues we see with a lot of the larger heatsink cards that fit in the m1.
-Pretty decent sized flow through hole in the backplate vs many other cards, however much that actually helps...
-As far as I can tell from other models gigabyte seems to typically have a flat heatsink surface on the fan side; no raised mounting tabs/U shaped channel/indentations.
-Personal preference but the backplate is pretty nice IMO... doesn't have tire tracks, bright colors to clash with the rest of your build, or cheap plastic looking trim. I guess I like it because of what it doesn't have lol.

Fulldownsize

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 18, 2020
Yeah I'm hoping someone will disassemble the cooler on the 3070/6800 aorus master (smaller than the 3080 version which is like 4 slots). The thickness (60mm) is enough that it might not be able to fit 25mm fans when deshrouded, but I kind of think the shroud+overlapping fan layout are inflating the card's thickness a bit and it might be possible.

It looks like an ideal deshroud card if it will fit with 25mm fans:
-Length+width fills an ncase well while still having a bit of clearance to maybe make installation a bit less of a nightmare.
-Inset 8 pin connectors should help avoid the connector issues we see with a lot of the larger heatsink cards that fit in the m1.
-Pretty decent sized flow through hole in the backplate vs many other cards, however much that actually helps...
-As far as I can tell from other models gigabyte seems to typically have a flat heatsink surface on the fan side; no raised mounting tabs/U shaped channel/indentations.
-Personal preference but the backplate is pretty nice IMO... doesn't have tire tracks, bright colors to clash with the rest of your build, or cheap plastic looking trim. I guess I like it because of what it doesn't have lol.

I was able to snag the 3070 Aorus in a Newegg bundle a day or two ago. I've got my shipping confirmation saying it should be here Friday. I was coming to ask the same question, of whether people think this card would fit. Just looking at pictures, it looks like it's simple to deshroud, if it's just taking out the screws between the fans. No idea if there's any tabs or anything of the sort that might get in the way. I'd really like to keep my front io, but I'd sacrifice it if it was the only thing preventing its use.

Anyway, since it seems like nobody else has yet, I'll see about trying to fit the card without my bottom fans if it does arrive Friday/Saturday and then see about deshrouding it and fitting it with them in. I might have to spend some extra time managing cables, as I didn't do the best with the PSU the first time. I have a friend who'll swap me their TUF if it turns out the Aorus just won't fit well, so either way, I'll be glad to upgrade the 1060 6gb I had in there before.

radnox

Cable Smoosher
May 7, 2020
The card clears the front panel with USB ports in and I used @radnox lego anti sag to prevent the fan from clipping the front panel cables. Looking at the case from the front, I used a 2x2 stacked with 1 full height and 2 flat pieces high and a 1x2 for the right.

Some pictures of the setup:

Hey, happy to see it could inspire a bit! I didn't even posted pictures of mine. Here it is:

--the lego antisag crew

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
I was able to snag the 3070 Aorus in a Newegg bundle a day or two ago. I've got my shipping confirmation saying it should be here Friday. I was coming to ask the same question, of whether people think this card would fit. Just looking at pictures, it looks like it's simple to deshroud, if it's just taking out the screws between the fans. No idea if there's any tabs or anything of the sort that might get in the way. I'd really like to keep my front io, but I'd sacrifice it if it was the only thing preventing its use.

Anyway, since it seems like nobody else has yet, I'll see about trying to fit the card without my bottom fans if it does arrive Friday/Saturday and then see about deshrouding it and fitting it with them in. I might have to spend some extra time managing cables, as I didn't do the best with the PSU the first time. I have a friend who'll swap me their TUF if it turns out the Aorus just won't fit well, so either way, I'll be glad to upgrade the 1060 6gb I had in there before.

That's awesome! Congrats. I'm also coming from a 1060 6gb, it's served me well but after going ultrawide an upgrade is definitely needed.

I would really appreciate you checking the deshroud compatability, thanks! Hopefully deshrouding works, but if you are okay with running it stock you won't have to swap it. Found this while trying to dig up teardown pics: