NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Slixor

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 21, 2020
Reading through the specs/dimensions, I completely understand that a RTX 3090 FE will not fit in my NCase v6.1

However - With a customer water block (such as the one teased by EKWB), is it unreasonable to expect this to fit?

The slot size will be reduced from 3, as well as the length being greatly reduced. The width should drop to 138mm at the widest point (as per Nvidia specs).

If this is possible, this will be 100% the build I try and go for. Thoughts?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Reading through the specs/dimensions, I completely understand that a RTX 3090 FE will not fit in my NCase v6.1

However - With a customer water block (such as the one teased by EKWB), is it unreasonable to expect this to fit?

The slot size will be reduced from 3, as well as the length being greatly reduced. The width should drop to 138mm at the widest point (as per Nvidia specs).

If this is possible, this will be 100% the build I try and go for. Thoughts?
The power connector is still going to be a problem.

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
The power connector is still going to be a problem.
Would you please explain why do you think the power connector is going to be a problem? Do you think it will cause problems with the side panel?

I am planning on a dual rads Ncase build, I have all the parts ready except for the GPU and water block. My bottom radiator is XSPC TX240(22mm) and bottom fan is 15mm. The vertical 12-pin power connector seems to be around 20mm high so I think it should be okay, right?

I understand that since the water block for Founders Edition has not come out yet, its hard to give accurate answers. Any comments is appreciated. Thanks.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Would you please explain why do you think the power connector is going to be a problem? Do you think it will cause problems with the side panel?

I am planning on a dual rads Ncase build, I have all the parts ready except for the GPU and water block. My bottom radiator is XSPC TX240(22mm) and bottom fan is 15mm. The vertical 12-pin power connector seems to be around 20mm high so I think it should be okay, right?

I understand that since the water block for Founders Edition has not come out yet, its hard to give accurate answers. Any comments is appreciated. Thanks.
I don't believe we've seen pics of the 3090 PCB yet, have we? I'm operating on the assumption that the PCB is basically the full height (138mm), in which case the power connectors will push it well past 140mm.

Edit: 3090 pic:

Last edited:

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
I see, my bad, I am going for a 3080, not 3090. For 3080 it shouldn't be any problem the width is just 112mm. Thanks.

Isucc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 22, 2020
Can you possible fit 25x120mm fans under the EVGA XC3s? I don't mind if it has to be a tight fit.

ghettochild2600

Efficiency Noob
Feb 14, 2020
What do you guys think. EVGA 3090 XC3 (black, gaming, what's the difference?) or ASUS 3090 TUF (already have 180 degree pcie adapters). I'll be removing the bottom radiator until I can snag a water block for it. XC3 seems like it would fit better, but they seem like the low end choice of cards.

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
What do you guys think. EVGA 3090 XC3 (black, gaming, what's the difference?) or ASUS 3090 TUF (already have 180 degree pcie adapters). I'll be removing the bottom radiator until I can snag a water block for it. XC3 seems like it would fit better, but they seem like the low end choice of cards.

for EVGA XC3, 1) black does not have a backplate, 2) gaming includes a backplate, 3) ultra includes a backplate and a factory OC

Slixor

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 21, 2020
I don't believe we've seen pics of the 3090 PCB yet, have we? I'm operating on the assumption that the PCB is basically the full height (138mm), in which case the power connectors will push it well past 140mm.

Edit: 3090 pic:

If you look at this image I found of some EVGA aftermarket 12 pin promo, I don't think it's too crazy to imagine you may be able to reduce the amount the power connector is sticking out from the card to 2-3mm.

I might just buy one, for the good of the SFF community, and report back my findings if it fits in the NCase or not ?

ghettochild2600

Efficiency Noob
Feb 14, 2020
If you look at this image I found of some EVGA aftermarket 12 pin promo, I don't think it's too crazy to imagine you may be able to reduce the amount the power connector is sticking out from the card to 2-3mm.

I might just buy one, for the good of the SFF community, and report back my findings if it fits in the NCase or not ?

I think it's going to be too tall. I had the same idea, but looks like PCB still goes to top of the card. If that's the case I doubt it's going to fit otherwise I'd grab a FE and EKWB FE water block when it comes out, but feel free to test it out and report your findings.

3rotor

Chassis Packer
Aug 28, 2019
after spending most of the day looking at aftermarket 3080s, for the purpose of de-shrouding; im thinking that:

you would be looking for any design that has a 2.2/2.5 width with fan taking up the 0.2/0.5 space for the legendary de-shroud. I am yet to confirm the layout for the heatsink as there isnt a single photo of the fans actually removed as yet. (closet i could find: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-rtx-3080-trinity/2.html)
another thing to note as mentioned is the clearance for the power connectors, hence most 'taller' cards will require the mini thin adapters - ugly

i currently am running a 1080ti with the accerero: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/r9-290-accelero-xtreme-290,3671-2.html
with DUAL 140MM corsair ml140 fans - note to make these fit in the case you need only trim the plastic colored bits slightly, and ditch the usb c front connector

Reactions: akyp11

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
How much additional height/width do we have to allocate in order to use a GPU water block?

New to water cooling, looking at the pictures online, I see there is that terminal?/block where the water cooling tubes connect. I understand that various GPU water blocks dimensions (and the GPU they fit on) have not all been finalized. Still, is there a rough estimation for how much additional width is needed for the terminal? So if a GPU is 111mm wide, to put a water block on you would need XX amount of additional width?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
How much additional height/width do we have to allocate in order to use a GPU water block?

New to water cooling, looking at the pictures online, I see there is that terminal?/block where the water cooling tubes connect. I understand that various GPU water blocks dimensions (and the GPU they fit on) have not all been finalized. Still, is there a rough estimation for how much additional width is needed for the terminal? So if a GPU is 111mm wide, to put a water block on you would need XX amount of additional width?
Usually it's around 27mm, give or take. So on a reference height card (111mm) it pushes it up to ~138mm.

Reactions: Anders

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
Usually it's around 27mm, give or take. So on a reference height card (111mm) it pushes it up to ~138mm.
Thanks for the information.

Hmm, that means we have to choose a reference sized board (FE, Palit/PNY, Gainward or EVGA XC3) for water cooling, as the custom boards with water block like the Asus TUF becomes too tall.

Otherwise one can water cool the CPU and de-shroud the GPU for a mixed cooling solution

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
Can you please tell me if the Asus rtx 3080 TUF will fit together with 15mm fans at the bottom? And will low-profile power adapters necessarily be needed?