NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
Oh and FYI there seems to be some confusion regarding the acronym AIB, and many are using AIB to refer to 'non reference' graphics card designs. AIB is an acronym for Add In Board as used within the video card industry. The 'graphics' part is implied by the industry context. All Graphics cards are AIB.

Reactions: wzhalex

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
Not on the 3080 or 3070 and given the fact that the 12 pin connector is smaller than a regular 8 pin and that it is positioned at an angle a watercooled 3090 might fit as well.

More 8-pin connectors doesn't necessarily have to mean a higher overclocking potential, usually the overclocking potential comes down to the number of power phases and the quality of the VRM (and how lucky you get in the silicon lottery), a higher quality VRM is however more often than not associated with the cards with more power connectors since the potential overclock requires more power.
Thank you so much for the detailed answer! really helpful

Reactions: simkev

Snitte77

Cable Smoosher
Sep 8, 2020
Would it be possible to solve the logo being the wrong way up when the front panel is rotated by swapping the top and bottom panels ? I.e. rotating the innards of the case upside down putting the GPU in the top of the case.

I was thinking the same thing when I was mocking this up. The top intake would be much more efficient for traditional (3-fan shroud).

The front portion of the 'spine' ist bolted to the top part. The lower- & the front is actually one part and bend to a 90° angle. You would have to cut this 90 to be able to rotate the front freely.

ghettochild2600

Efficiency Noob
Feb 14, 2020
I've been looking at options for the RTX 3090 in the Ncase M1 v6.1 with a TX240 & Noctua slim fans on the bottom, and for me it was either the EVGA XC3 or Hydro Copper. However, I saw this post about EKWB showing a waterblock for the FE cards and wonder if it might fit. The only issue I can see being the positioning of the 12-pin power connector. I'm not sure how far from the PCB it sticks out, but it looks roughly the same size as the 8-pin PCI-e connectors (1.8 cm to 2.1 cm?) There's about 2.54 cm of clearance from the PCI-e slot to the fans.

EKWB FE waterblock

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
I've been looking at options for the RTX 3090 in the Ncase M1 v6.1 with a TX240 & Noctua slim fans on the bottom, and for me it was either the EVGA XC3 or Hydro Copper. However, I saw this post about EKWB showing a waterblock for the FE cards and wonder if it might fit. The only issue I can see being the positioning of the 12-pin power connector. I'm not sure how far from the PCB it sticks out, but it looks roughly the same size as the 8-pin PCI-e connectors (1.8 cm to 2.1 cm?) There's about 2.54 cm of clearance from the PCI-e slot to the fans.

EKWB FE waterblock
I asked almost the same questions, someone gave me a very detailed answer, I don't know how to quote his answer, its in the bottom of page 21 in this thread. Also, I think this 12-pin connector has a lower height than the 90 degrees angled fitting, so I think it shouldn't have any problem with the side fan bracket. I was worried about it will cause a problem with the side panel but after his answer, I think it should be okay. Also that EK water block is for FE edition which probably won't work for EVGA card.

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020

EKWB FE waterblock
I think you are correct in your assumptions, judging from these photos you can get a pretty good grasp on the physical dimensions of the new 12-pin connector.

ghettochild2600

Efficiency Noob
Feb 14, 2020
Judging by what looks like a 2080 ti next to that RTX card I'm going to assume that's a RTX 3080. That said, I hope the 3090 FE has the same sized PCB and doesn't run to the top of the cooler. I figure the card is only larger due to the massive cooler. Seeing Bykski's FE waterblock gives me some peace of mind for the pcb height though. Bykski's FE Waterblock I assume EK's waterblock will be about the same width and will be even shorter if the inlet/outlet ports are on on back.

Only reason I really even want to go with an FE card now is because I heard they're higher binned cherry picked cards. Also that the AIB cards will be more expensive (rumor is up to $2k) and having to wait longer for supply.

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
Judging by what looks like a 2080 ti next to that RTX card I'm going to assume that's a RTX 3080. That said, I hope the 3090 FE has the same sized PCB and doesn't run to the top of the cooler. I figure the card is only larger due to the massive cooler. Seeing Bykski's FE waterblock gives me some peace of mind for the pcb height though. Bykski's FE Waterblock I assume EK's waterblock will be about the same width and will be even shorter if the inlet/outlet ports are on on back.

Only reason I really even want to go with an FE card now is because I heard they're higher binned cherry picked cards. Also that the AIB cards will be more expensive (rumor is up to $2k) and having to wait longer for supply.
I think unfortunately you are wrong regarding the dimensions of the 3090 PCB being the same as the 3080 simply because the power connector (and NVlink) need to clear the 26mm taller cooler on the 3090, the reason that Bykski's waterblock is able to fit booth the 3080 and 3090 is because of the componentry layout is pretty much the same besides the power connector. I was also able to find the following pictures which kind of confirms my theory (3080 top, 3090 bottom).

sookainian

Chassis Packer
Aug 17, 2020
I’m planning to get the RTX 3080 Founder edition card for my ncase m1.

i heard that there might be an issue which the PSU cables might be hitting or in contact with the 3080 fan. anyone able to confirm this ?

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
I’m planning to get the RTX 3080 Founder edition card for my ncase m1.

i heard that there might be an issue which the PSU cables might be hitting or in contact with the 3080 fan. anyone able to confirm this ?
They might but some zip ties should be able to prevent that. Are the cables touching the back of your current graphics card?

LenY

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 1, 2020

3080 FE and 3090 FE PCB size is different. Only 3080 and 3090 reference PCB are same in size for both cards.

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
EK released detailed info for their waterblock. For reference card, the water block dimension is 220x124x20.5mm, for Asus Strix, the water block dimension is 293x154x16.5mm.

If I want to put a TX 240(22mm) and a 15mm fan at the bottom, the one for the reference card should fit, right? I know that the clearance for airflow might be very limited, since that water block is very thick. They said because the reference design has really tall capacitor so they have to make it very thick to clear all the capacitors.

Do you guys think the waterblock for 3080 founders edition will fit? since founders edition use flat packed capacitor and have maybe shorter PCB.

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
EK released detailed info for their waterblock. For reference card, the water block dimension is 220x124x20.5mm, for Asus Strix, the water block dimension is 293x154x16.5mm.

If I want to put a TX 240(22mm) and a 15mm fan at the bottom, the one for the reference card should fit, right? I know that the clearance for airflow might be very limited, since that water block is very thick. They said because the reference design has really tall capacitor so they have to make it very thick to clear all the capacitors.

Do you guys think the waterblock for 3080 founders edition will fit? since founders edition use flat packed capacitor and have maybe shorter PCB.
Yes, a water cooled reference 3080 would fit with such a rad/fan combo depending on how you mount the plumbing. A 3080 FE would also fit and should be the better alternative since it's more compact dimensions wouldn't hamper the airflow through the radiator as much as the reference card. Furthermore given that the FE PCB seems to be about 190mm in length and the fact that you have 300mm to play with regarding the positioning of the radiator you could maybe fit a 120x25mm fan between the graphics card and the front of the case if the water block would have the same v-shaped cutout as the PCB and you were to use a fan that where the frame is either slimmer in the corners (like BeQuiet! Silent wing) or if you were to cut two of the top facing corners of a regular fan in order to fit the corners under the PCB of the graphics card and having the fan portion protrude through the v-shape, i.e. using only one slim fan under the graphics and a 25mm thick one in the mounting position closest to the front. If this were to work with the FE you would have a far more effective radiator setup than if you were to go with a reference card with two slim fans.

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
This is what I mean:

The end tank on the radiator would probably need more than 2mm so depending on the accuracy of my measurements you would probably need to modify/remove the front IO bracket in order for it to fit. If I was going for this configuration I would probably go for a thicker 240 radiator than 22mm and depending on how thick I would either run it with only the 120x25mm fan if there was no space to fit a slim fan between the radiator and water block and if I were to find that insufficient I would go for the 25mm thick fan in combination with a slim fan mounted underneath the radiator on the outside of the bottom of the case.

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
This is what I mean:

The end tank on the radiator would probably need more than 2mm so depending on the accuracy of my measurements you would probably need to modify/remove the front IO bracket in order for it to fit. If I was going for this configuration I would probably go for a thicker 240 radiator than 22mm and depending on how thick I would either run it with only the 120x25mm fan if there was no space to fit a slim fan between the radiator and water block and if I were to find that insufficient I would go for the 25mm thick fan in combination with a slim fan mounted underneath the radiator on the outside of the bottom of the case.
Thank you so much for the answer, that helped me tremendously. Now I am refreshing the page try to get a 3080 as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
Will the asus rtx 3080 tuf graphics card fit into the ncase m6? In general, what is the best rtx 3080 to take to fit in and have good cooling?