NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Signed up just to say, EVGA 3090 FTW3 absolutely DOES FIT in a v6.1. Had to remove the front panel controls to work it into place. Left the plastic on the top-right corner, as it would have been marred otherwise.

Fits, and the side even secures in place, no noticeable bulge. Used low profile connectors (waiting on my third, only ordered 2 as I thought I would do an XC3)

Front panel just barely fits back in place with the power button - but it does! I’ve been without internet for over 14 hours now (and terrible cell service out here) - but I have plenty of pictures, and will upload and post as soon as my internet is back up.

I honestly don’t think you could fit a bigger card in here, with everything intact. Barely a single mm to spare.

One last detail - I was using 120x15mm fans in the bottom, even with my EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra. I removed them for my test fit, to give myself room to work with. That said, there absolutely is NOT any room for them with this card installed.

I’ll post about temps and whatnot once the internet is back up, and I can download some things to tax it a bit. I’m so glad this worked! My next stop was probably going to be a Sliger SV590, but I really like having such a small, power-dense machine. Glad it gets to stay that way!
With any luck, these two pics should be a good teaser. Tough to test on sub-1Mb internet!

https://ibb.co/S6kdBK0

https://ibb.co/6mSygZk
Quite a beast of a card, impressive that you were able to get it to fit. I've updated the list to reflect this, thanks.

gabedamien

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 26, 2020
…I was mildly shocked to read That my beloved MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X8 will not fit. At least that is what I read at all Sourced I found about it.

I can not say it is without Compromise, but my MSI GTX 1070 is fitting just fine. 180° Power Adapters are needed.
Pics

Wow, I also have the MSI 1070 Gaming X, and didn't even try to make it fit in the M1, just because I read that it wouldn't. It goes to show, sometimes you have to try yourself! I've been running my 8-year-old Asus GTX 670 instead while hoping to snag the new RTX 3080 (sigh…). Maybe I will try to put my 1070 in there for now – thanks for the post.

happyitxuser

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 26, 2020
Hi folks,
just for the meantime before I got the watercool block, I would like to know, what I need to do, to fit a 3090 Founders Edition in my NCASE M1? It can be open for that week or so. I just like to test it, before it goes under water :)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi folks,
just for the meantime before I got the watercool block, I would like to know, what I need to do, to fit a 3090 Founders Edition in my NCASE M1? It can be open for that week or so. I just like to test it, before it goes under water :)
Take your motherboard and PSU out of the case and test it, the 3090 FE is physically too large to fit in the Ncase.

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
what is the maximum width of a GPU water block that can fit in the Ncase if it is shorter than 292mm? I saw the detailed dimension diagram on the first page of this post. The horizontal axis starts at the end of PCI-E x16 connector(where the pins are), so I guess the maximum width of the water block is 141 subtract by the width of the PCIE connector? Then whats the width of the connector?

Thank you for answering, just want to figure this out so whenever there is a new GPU water block for 3080 released, I can check if it fits in by myself instead of asking them separately.

jhlsff

Case Bender
New User
Sep 27, 2020
With any luck, these two pics should be a good teaser. Tough to test on sub-1Mb internet!

https://ibb.co/S6kdBK0

https://ibb.co/6mSygZk

Thank you thank you! As someone who can only gets hands on a FTW3 model, I just want to say you rekindled the hope in me!

I'd like to double check if there is enough space to install all 3 power connectors/adapters. From your picture it seems the middle pcie power outlet would have a very tight room fitting one connector. Or is it because of the angle?

Reactions: 3geekfamily

3geekfamily

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2020
Thank you thank you! As someone who can only gets hands on a FTW3 model, I just want to say you rekindled the hope in me!

I'd like to double check if there is enough space to install all 3 power connectors/adapters. From your picture it seems the middle pcie power outlet would have a very tight room fitting one connector. Or is it because of the angle?

No problem, glad I could help! Finally have internet back today.

The middle PCIe power outlet was no problem at all. I didn't have one connected, because I had only ordered two low-profile adapters. I'm happy to report, my third one came yesterday, and everything now fits together perfectly.

When I say there probably isn't a single millimeter to spare, I genuinely mean it - but as it is, the side of the case just BARELY touches the foam on the back of the low-profile adapters, but everything goes together without issues. The power button is back on, case side on, etc., and, other than having to work it in there initially (honestly just a bit tough to angle it to get the tabs in at the bottom of the mount, without potentially damaging the top-right corner when looking at the fans - hence why I say to leave on that little bit of plastic film until it's in place), it's like it was meant to be installed in this case.

Overall - probably 1-2mm to spare in mounting the front panel bracket for the power button, and probably ~12mm or so below the card. It MIGHT be enough to have left my 15mm fans, but they were honestly too close for comfort with the 2080 Super XC Ultimate - so I don't think I would even try it. You'll need the room to work on mounting the card anyway.

All together!

Now, for temps - Genuinely impressed! The card did throttle a little bit, which I expected - but levelled off at right around 1700Mhz, and 75*C. This is on a FTW3 Ultra, so that's about 100Mhz throttled out of the card, which I'm honestly OK with, right now. I know some more aggressive fan curves, etc. will take care of that small issue, once I'm ready to tinker with it a bit. The fans definitely never hit 100%, so that's good. Peak GPU temperature was 77*C.

I've literally just started putting the card through its paces, since (in case you haven't seen my previous posts), I've been without internet since early Friday morning, and I'm just back online now. 3D Mark Time Spy Extreme scores are fantastic - just a hair over 10000 for the GPU score. Framerate stability is also better than I expected. I ran two instances of Time Spy Extreme stress testing back-to-back (20 loops each run), and the worst result was 98%.

Now, for the rest of the build, for a bit of context:

i9-10900k
Gigabyte z490i Aorus Ultra
64GB Crucial @ 3600Mhz, CL16
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 2TB
Intel 660p NVMe 2TB
Samsung 860 Evo 4TB SATA SSD
Fractal Celsius+ S24 AIO w/ 2 Noctua F12 PWM
Noctua A9x14 rear exhaust
Corsair SF750 PSU
Acer X27p
AudioEngine A2+

Power from the wall (based on the gauge on my UPS) running the Time Spy Extreme stress test peaked at around 700w, and that's including my monitor, and speakers. I may try a small FFT test while running Time Spy Extreme to max it out, and see if I can get the power supply to take a knee, but that's definitely going to be another day.

TL;DR - The FTW3 not only fits in the M1 v6.1, but it's also a properly viable card to actually USE.

Now, though, I'm going to go ahead and enjoy this thing for a few minutes, before my wife gets home!

jhlsff

Case Bender
New User
Sep 27, 2020
No problem, glad I could help! Finally have internet back today.

The middle PCIe power outlet was no problem at all. I didn't have one connected, because I had only ordered two low-profile adapters. I'm happy to report, my third one came yesterday, and everything now fits together perfectly.

When I say there probably isn't a single millimeter to spare, I genuinely mean it - but as it is, the side of the case just BARELY touches the foam on the back of the low-profile adapters, but everything goes together without issues. The power button is back on, case side on, etc., and, other than having to work it in there initially (honestly just a bit tough to angle it to get the tabs in at the bottom of the mount, without potentially damaging the top-right corner when looking at the fans - hence why I say to leave on that little bit of plastic film until it's in place), it's like it was meant to be installed in this case.

Overall - probably 1-2mm to spare in mounting the front panel bracket for the power button, and probably ~12mm or so below the card. It MIGHT be enough to have left my 15mm fans, but they were honestly too close for comfort with the 2080 Super XC Ultimate - so I don't think I would even try it. You'll need the room to work on mounting the card anyway.

All together!

Now, for temps - Genuinely impressed! The card did throttle a little bit, which I expected - but levelled off at right around 1700Mhz, and 75*C. This is on a FTW3 Ultra, so that's about 100Mhz throttled out of the card, which I'm honestly OK with, right now. I know some more aggressive fan curves, etc. will take care of that small issue, once I'm ready to tinker with it a bit. The fans definitely never hit 100%, so that's good. Peak GPU temperature was 77*C.

I've literally just started putting the card through its paces, since (in case you haven't seen my previous posts), I've been without internet since early Friday morning, and I'm just back online now. 3D Mark Time Spy Extreme scores are fantastic - just a hair over 10000 for the GPU score. Framerate stability is also better than I expected. I ran two instances of Time Spy Extreme stress testing back-to-back (20 loops each run), and the worst result was 98%.

Now, for the rest of the build, for a bit of context:

i9-10900k
Gigabyte z490i Aorus Ultra
64GB Crucial @ 3600Mhz, CL16
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 2TB
Intel 660p NVMe 2TB
Samsung 860 Evo 4TB SATA SSD
Fractal Celsius+ S24 AIO w/ 2 Noctua F12 PWM
Noctua A9x14 rear exhaust
Corsair SF750 PSU
Acer X27p
AudioEngine A2+

Power from the wall (based on the gauge on my UPS) running the Time Spy Extreme stress test peaked at around 700w, and that's including my monitor, and speakers. I may try a small FFT test while running Time Spy Extreme to max it out, and see if I can get the power supply to take a knee, but that's definitely going to be another day.

TL;DR - The FTW3 not only fits in the M1 v6.1, but it's also a properly viable card to actually USE.

Now, though, I'm going to go ahead and enjoy this thing for a few minutes, before my wife gets home!

Thank you for reporting back. You are doing god's work!

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Hey guys, found out that the msi ventus rtx 3080 will fit, and there is a little room under the GPU, anyone got any information on wether 15mm fans will fit and if its worth doing so?

Last edited:

3geekfamily

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2020
Hey guys, found out that the msi ventus rtx 3080 will fit, and there is a little room under the GPU, anyone got any information on wether 15mm fans will fit and if its worth doing so?

According to the specs, the MSI Ventus RTX 3080 is about 1.5mm wider than the EVGA FTW3 3090, at 57mm vs 55.55mm (from Reddit, linked below) - so I would say no. You MIGHT be able to wedge them in there, but they'll be so close to the video card, you'll be adding a ton of noise, without doing anything substantially positive for airflow. As for noise - you're too close to the fans on the cards, so you're going to hear wind buffeting. You also might end up either compressing the 15mm fans a bit, pushing their hubs into the case bottom, or pushing into the fan hubs on your card.

Overall, I would say it's not likely to be worth the potential benefits.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
According to the specs, the MSI Ventus RTX 3080 is about 1.5mm wider than the EVGA FTW3 3090, at 57mm vs 55.55mm (from Reddit, linked below) - so I would say no. You MIGHT be able to wedge them in there, but they'll be so close to the video card, you'll be adding a ton of noise, without doing anything substantially positive for airflow. As for noise - you're too close to the fans on the cards, so you're going to hear wind buffeting. You also might end up either compressing the 15mm fans a bit, pushing their hubs into the case bottom, or pushing into the fan hubs on your card.

Overall, I would say it's not likely to be worth the potential benefits.

well thank you kind sir, then i only need to buy the 3080 instead of the 3080 and two noctua fans, saves some money :) but also, just saw the ASUS TUF would fit, is it worth it for that one to use fans because its not as thicc

3geekfamily

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2020
well thank you kind sir, then i only need to buy the 3080 instead of the 3080 and two noctua fans, saves some money :) but also, just saw the ASUS TUF would fit, is it worth it for that one to use fans because its not as thicc

Yes, I believe the 15mm fans would have plenty of clearance with the TUF cards, but still might be close enough to cause some wind buffeting. Might be worth it though, as the 120x15mm fans blowing on the card will probably keep the fans on the card from spinning up so quickly. For relatively light games, they might even stay at 0%. Once the fans are kicking on, they'll be loud enough that I don't think it will matter...

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Yes, I believe the 15mm fans would have plenty of clearance with the TUF cards, but still might be close enough to cause some wind buffeting. Might be worth it though, as the 120x15mm fans blowing on the card will probably keep the fans on the card from spinning up so quickly. For relatively light games, they might even stay at 0%. Once the fans are kicking on, they'll be loud enough that I don't think it will matter...
then i know what i need to buy now, hopefully someone will post a pic soon when they fit an ASUS TUF in the case so i can be sure it'll fit. or otherwise ill look into another card for deshrouding, only problem is lack of information about this topic. one thing left to do is wait and pray for someone to do it before me!

3geekfamily

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2020
then i know what i need to buy now, hopefully someone will post a pic soon when they fit an ASUS TUF in the case so i can be sure it'll fit. or otherwise ill look into another card for deshrouding, only problem is lack of information about this topic. one thing left to do is wait and pray for someone to do it before me!

The EVGA 3080/3090 XC3 would be an even better choice. Only 2.2 slots wide, not very tall, and not very long, either. It would give you TONS of room to run 2 120x15mm fans, with plenty of space between the fans and card, to prevent excess added noise.

Of course, it all comes down to which one you can actually get your hands on! :)

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
The EVGA 3080/3090 XC3 would be an even better choice. Only 2.2 slots wide, not very tall, and not very long, either. It would give you TONS of room to run 2 120x15mm fans, with plenty of space between the fans and card, to prevent excess added noise.

Of course, it all comes down to which one you can actually get your hands on! :)
Yeah i looked a while at the evga card, but when the prices were announced i looked away, its about 70/80 euro more expensive than the ventus and TUF, and i rather spent that money somewhere else like those fans. Tuf looks like the best option allround in my case, so that money will be spent on those low profile pcie brackets. and a little left for some small 40 mm fans for VRM or stuff like that!

dividido

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 28, 2020

Thanks for reporting back on fitting the FTW3. I'd love to get one but I really want to keep the front I/O, so it looks like xc3 for me. Enjoy the new card!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi folks,
Thought I would share this. Someone did manage to fit a 3090 FE in the Ncase but they had to notch the frame at the front and the IO won't fit.