NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I was wondering the same thing, And I according to Optimum Tech's channel on the ncase m1 here the best air cooled configuration for the case is with 2 fans on the bottom, he uses Noctua Nf-F12 fans on the bottom but in a later videa swapped them out for NF-A12 premium fans which sadly at this time only come in noctua crap brown color until chromax line comes out next year. Given that the FE 3080 appears to be slightly thinner than the 2080 Super, These fans should s till fit on the bottom. I also ordered a smaller noctua fan for the rear of the case as an exhaust to assist with the new 3080 fan design and it should fit nested behind tha AIO of your choosing.

The Arctic P12 PWM fans have been getting good reviews lately and are cheap enough that you could even get them as temporary fans until the Noctua Chromax A12 comes out.

Reactions: rfarmer

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
i wonder if the founders edition 3080 would even fit in the ncase M1.
Looks like the side mounted 12pin connector might interfere with the side panel

Reactions: Femto

wongkit23232223

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2019
is it better to get founder 3080 or asus strix 3080 for nCase m1 v6.1 ?

ASUS ROG Strix 3080 should not able to fit into Ncase M1 V6.1.

From first page of this thread,

Provided GPU Maximum Size in front page of this thread is
290mm x 125mm x 50mm (*without front I/O)
or
280mm x 125mm x 50mm (*with front I/O)

ASUS ROG Strix 3080 is 318.5 mm x 140.1 mm x 57.8 mm .
All similar size card is show not able to fit.
I don't think ASUS ROG Strix 3080 is able to fit.
But pretty sure ASUS TUF 3080 is able to fit as the size of it is 299.9 mm x 126.9 mm x 51.6 mm. Similar size of ASUS ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2070 (300.5 mm x 130.6 mm x 48.9mm) has already been confirmed to be able to fit into M1.

ClawSS

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2020
The interesting part is that Ali found exhaust was the "better" config, yet with the FE cards you will use the extra fans as intakes to push through the built in fans I assume.

Overrated PC User

Efficiency Noob
Jun 17, 2020
I guess with what I have on GPU and bottom fans in my m1 right now, to fit an EVGA XC3 shouldn't be any issue, FTW3 might be? I have two 15mm thick Noctua fan down there and there's still maybe a few centimeters of space between my 2080S XC and the fans. Gonna ask EVGA next week to which one fits better and which one is available for step-up

LongDogsOfWar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 31, 2020
www.twitch.tv
i wonder if the founders edition 3080 would even fit in the ncase M1.
Looks like the side mounted 12pin connector might interfere with the side panel
If you look at the video i posted earlier from OptimumTech, the power cables for the RTX 2080 super came out at the worst case 90 degree angle and it still fit in the case, the spec sheet for the 3080 FE card has it as less wide by a few MM so it should be fine i think.

LenY

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 1, 2020
EK announced their GPU water block for RTX 3080/3090 yesterday. It should fit without any problems. And there is interesting note on the product page:
  • This block is made for reference PCB 3080 and 3090 cards. Founders Edition does NOT have a reference PCB.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
That kinda sucks if we need to buy an expensive custom card to be able to mount a water block on it...
My hopes of mounting a 3090 or a potential 3080ti, are now quite low. I may just go for a 3080 ?

Denho486

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 4, 2020
Hello everyone :)

I don't know which revision of the ncase m1 I have but does all of the revisions share more or less the same GPU compabilities?

I am looking at getting a new GPU for my m1 case right now I have a evga gtx 1080 SC but ye as I said I have no idea what revision case. I bought it already built :)

LongDogsOfWar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 31, 2020
www.twitch.tv

I don't know which revision of the ncase m1 I have but does all of the revisions share more or less the same GPU compabilities?

I am looking at getting a new GPU for my m1 case right now I have a evga gtx 1080 SC but ye as I said I have no idea what revision case. I bought it already built :)
check on the back of the case there should be a badge that say V 5.0 or V6.1 or something like that. Im not sure if that was included on all the versions but it is on my 6.1 version. I think as far as GPU compatibility goes some things have changed over the different versions, the 6.0/6.1 for example added a support bracket for the GPU, removable front I/O for longer cards, and changed some clearance in the back to allow for larger slot cards. Hard to tell your case compatibility if you dont know what version you have other than by measuring or testing it yourself. If your lookingto upgrade to the 3000 series (3070 or 3080), your current card is 266.70 mm x 111.76mm and the 3080 FE card is set to be 285mm x 112mm. So if you can measure and you have about .24 mm extra in width and another 18.3mm available in length in your case, then you should be fine.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
First post updated with Nvidia 3000-series cards. Only those manufacturers that have published card dimensions are included.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

The version is printed on a plate on the back of the case.

GPU compatibility is improved on V6 compared to V5 when a card is near the limit. There was a clip for the side panel that could interfere with cards that had PCBs over 130mm tall that was removed on V6. The removable front I/O ports also frees up a little room for cards that are both over 2.2 slots thick and over 280mm long.

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Hello,
thanks for the updated list. As a v3 user I'm a little confused about the compatibility for tthe ne RTX 30XX series. Is there an old page where the GPU dimensions for the v3 is written down?
I only found changelog sites but there isn't mentioned GPU Compatibility changes.

Last edited:

bmacc

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2019
Wonder if a deshrouded ASUS TUF 3090 and 3080 will fit, slightly smaller than the 2080 Ti strix that fits, same with the MSI Ventus.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello,
thanks for the updated list. As a v3 user I'm a little confused about the compatibility for tthe ne RTX 30XX series. Is there an old page where the GPU dimensions for the v3 is written down?
I only found changelog sites but there isn't mentioned GPU Compatibility changes.
GPU dimensions are no longer up for <=V5, but see my previous post for the differences.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Wonder if a deshrouded ASUS TUF 3090 and 3080 will fit, slightly smaller than the 2080 Ti strix that fits, same with the MSI Ventus.
I think the TUF cards will fit even without a deshroud, actually, though the front ports need to be removed and low profile PCIe power connectors are probably needed.

LenY

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 1, 2020
One more blog post from EK explaining differences between Founders Edition cards and reference PCB cards. Hope somebody might be interested.
Reference PCB will be same for RTX 3080 and 3090 series.

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
GPU dimensions are no longer up for <=V5, but see my previous post for the differences.
Thank you very much. So I will go for the EVGA XC3. I will try to buy the removable front I/O. I hope Germany will be up sson for Air Mail from Taiwan.

Snitte77

Cable Smoosher
Sep 8, 2020
Is there any update on that 30XX list? Pretty much every AIB officially listed there card online?

Sold my Ghost S1 for the M1 v6.1 seams like I am SOL anyway. Don’t understand why SFF manufacturers don’t see the need to accommodate the obvious 3-slot trend.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Is there any update on that 30XX list? Pretty much every AIB officially listed there card online?

Sold my Ghost S1 for the M1 v6.1 seams like I am SOL anyway. Don’t understand why SFF manufacturers don’t see the need to accommodate the obvious 3-slot trend.

Have you considered the T1 by FormD? https://formdworks.com/ It has a "sandwich" layout like the Ghost S1 but allows the user to set the graphics card section to be 2 or 3 slots wide. Of course, making it 3 slots wide reduces the height of the motherboard side, affecting CPU cooling choices. The T1 was being sold in small batches on Fridays, but I don't know if this is still the situation.

BTW, we've had 3 slot wide graphics cards in the past such as my ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II. Back then, this was not the norm and many people hoped that future cards would be more power and heat efficient which ended up happening.