NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

zeroDay89

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 8, 2020
First post updated with Nvidia 3000-series cards. Only those manufacturers that have published card dimensions are included.
Hi, thnx for updating the tables!
One question though; how sure are you that the ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 wont fit?
I know the height of 135mm is bigger than 130mm (first 5mm at back corner) but looking at the picture below I hoped that the middle might be 5mm thicker than the first third of the card.

(Also there might be a small mistake in the table for the Asus ROG STRIX; AFAIK there is no 3070 variant unfortunately)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is there any update on that 30XX list? Pretty much every AIB officially listed there card online?

Sold my Ghost S1 for the M1 v6.1 seams like I am SOL anyway. Don’t understand why SFF manufacturers don’t see the need to accommodate the obvious 3-slot trend.
There are a few manufacturers that have yet to publish specs.

Not sure what you mean by out of luck - there are a few 3000 series cards that will fit in the M1.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi, thnx for updating the tables!
One question though; how sure are you that the ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 wont fit?
I know the height of 135mm is bigger than 130mm (first 5mm at back corner) but looking at the picture below I hoped that the middle might be 5mm thicker than the first third of the card.
The problem is it doesn't have recessed power connectors, which means there's only ~8mm to the side panel (the shroud does appear to overhang the PCB by a few mm). That's not enough for standard power connectors, and may not be enough for low profile connectors, either. If it weren't for that it would fit.

(Also there might be a small mistake in the table for the Asus ROG STRIX; AFAIK there is no 3070 variant unfortunately)
See here

Reactions: rfarmer

zeroDay89

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 8, 2020
The problem is it doesn't have recessed power connectors, which means there's only ~8mm to the side panel (the shroud does appear to overhang the PCB by a few mm). That's not enough for standard power connectors, and may not be enough for low profile connectors, either. If it weren't for that it would fit.

Thnx for the explanation and quick response!
Could it maybe work with something like this?

I meant to say there isn't a 3070 version of the ASUS TUF, my mistake...

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thnx for the explanation and quick response!
Could it maybe work with something like this?
Yes, maybe. Those need 7mm, so it really depends on exactly how much room is left between the card and the side panel.

I meant to say there isn't a 3070 version of the ASUS TUF, my mistake...
Ah, you're right. I've corrected the list.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Added Galax and Gigabyte 3000-series cards (no dimensions for the latter yet).

Snitte77

Cable Smoosher
Sep 8, 2020
There are a few manufacturers that have yet to publish specs.

Not sure what you mean by out of luck - there are a few 3000 series cards that will fit in the M1.

Sorry mate- thanks for the overview anyway.

Was hoping for a C14s + Strix 3090. Now I might go the custom loop route to be able to accommodate a 3090 in the M1.

nibbly

Efficiency Noob
Apr 17, 2020
Do you have a DIY-Video or Guide?? I think i have to do it, too.
Have the MSI GTX1080 Gaming X and i wont sell it, cause i love this Card ;-)
Sorry, I didn't record it, don't have the equipment to anyway. I ended up reversing the changes in the end and going with a different case. (Corsair 280X)

Reactions: TRBZN61

KStyle

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 10, 2020
Oh dear. I think I've made a mistake with my GPU. I've watercooled my CPU and was planning to expand this to the GPU (Asus Strix 2070 Super) but it looks like the card + watercool terminal block is too wide. I checked the length and thickness but didn't check the width. I've just googled someone who made a similar mistake with a 2080 and his terminal block was hanging outside the case. Might have to stay CPU loop only for now and keep an eye on 30xx solutions/prices. The GPU is pretty quiet anyway.

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
Not sure if this has already been discussed but if you were to remove, not only the front IO but also the bracket that mounts said IO would you be able to fit a triple slot GPU up to 320mm in length? Consequently is it possible to rotate the front panel 180 degrees to get the opening for the IO at the top of the case instead? I realize that there won't be mounting points for the IO at the top however I feel confident in my ability solving that problem if the front is indeed rotatable. I am currently running a 2080 TI Windforce in a SG06 but I have planned to upgrade to a 3070 because I want HDMI 2.1 to get 120hz 4K to my TV. I will try to make a 3070 XC3 fit but if that proves to be impossible (which it very well might prove to be considering that the Windforce is just barely fitting) I started looking at other small cases that can accommodate bigger graphic cards and came to the conclusion that the M1 is the most appealing of them all. Since it is a step up in volume from my SG06 (12.7L. vs 11.1L) I would like to utilize a GPU with a triple slot design if I where to go the M1 route in order to satisfy my appetite for cramming as much hardware as possible in the smallest case possible and it seems that front IO bracket in the M1 is the limiting factor for many of the upcoming aftermarket Nvidia cards.

Reactions: Snitte77

Snitte77

Cable Smoosher
Sep 8, 2020
Sounds like a plan, I am looking for a way to accommodate a 3090 on air as well and mocked this up real quick in a v6.1.

https://ibb.co/9G8LxVG

322mm from the back Wall to the lower edge up front. The front panel center will grant a lil more but I doubt this makes a difference or is actually useable.

Reactions: simkev

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
Sounds like a plan, I am looking for a way to accommodate a 3090 on air as well and mocked this up real quick in a v6.1.

https://ibb.co/9G8LxVG

322mm from the back Wall to the lower edge up front. The front panel center will grant a lil more but I doubt this makes a difference or is actually useable.
Seems doable, thanks for the picture.
Is the bracket secured with screws meaning the mod is reversible? Do you happen to know if the front panel is rotatable?

Snitte77

Cable Smoosher
Sep 8, 2020
Yeah, the whole switch interface is held together by 7 countersunk screws. Drilling some additional M3 threads (or using rivets) up top, should be no problem.
The pegs are placed symmetrical- rotating the front panel is no problem: https://ibb.co/P5p9cKp

Reactions: simkev

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
so, i have 2 x 3.5" HDDs running in raid as mass storage on my ncase.

i'm kind of concerned the 3080 FE's exhaust fan will be sitting directly below my HDDs, which currently are fine even with no ventilation going thru them.

anyone with 2 3.5" hdds planning on a 3080/3090?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Yeah, the whole switch interface is held together by 7 countersunk screws. Drilling some additional M3 threads (or using rivets) up top, should be no problem.
The pegs are placed symmetrical- rotating the front panel is no problem: https://ibb.co/P5p9cKp

I look forward to seeing how this turns out. That upside-down logo! Going to keep it?

Snitte77

Cable Smoosher
Sep 8, 2020
Not a big fan of those logos anyway (S1 & T1 got it right). I am considering re-anodizing, but have to wait till everything is actually available/fitted properly.

I will update this when time comes.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Not a big fan of those logos anyway (S1 & T1 got it right). I am considering re-anodizing, but have to wait till everything is actually available/fitted properly.

I wonder what's the best way to remove the logo without affecting the existing anodizing, assuming the logo is on top of that?

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020

Would it be possible to solve the logo being the wrong way up when the front panel is rotated by swapping the top and bottom panels ? I.e. rotating the innards of the case upside down putting the GPU in the top of the case.

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
Do you guys think that the Founders Edition 12-pin power connector will cause a problem with the side panel?

Also, I see that some AIB cards have 2 8-pin connectors and some have 3 8-pin connectors. Does this mean that the one with 3 8-pin connectors will have more overclocking potentials? Usually, the one with 3 8-pin connectors is thicker(2.5 2.75 slots), but I will water cool it anyway so that's not a problem.

Just want to figure out which one should I buy, thank you for any help.

simkev

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2020
Do you guys think that the Founders Edition 12-pin power connector will cause a problem with the side panel?
Not on the 3080 or 3070 and given the fact that the 12 pin connector is smaller than a regular 8 pin and that it is positioned at an angle a watercooled 3090 might fit as well.

Also, I see that some AIB cards have 2 8-pin connectors and some have 3 8-pin connectors. Does this mean that the one with 3 8-pin connectors will have more overclocking potentials?
More 8-pin connectors doesn't necessarily have to mean a higher overclocking potential, usually the overclocking potential comes down to the number of power phases and the quality of the VRM (and how lucky you get in the silicon lottery), a higher quality VRM is however more often than not associated with the cards with more power connectors since the potential overclock requires more power.