NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Solala

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 7, 2020
Hey everyone. Long time lurker, now finally registered because I really need advice before I order my graphics card.
Following the list a "Gygabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G" fits the case without removing the fron I/O.
It would even leave space for 2 Nuctua NF-A12x15 below it.

I could get the "Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC 8G" quite cheap and wanted to make sure that it would fit. Looking at the specs on Gigabytes website it seems to have the exact same sizes as the 2080 Ti I mentioned above, even seems to be the same fan and shroud design.

Am I missing something or should it fit? Thanks anyone for the help and sorry if it was already asked. I tried to check the thread beforehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Femto

Aelinger

Cable Smoosher
Jan 10, 2020
Hey everyone, I managed to install the sapphire radeon rx 5700 xt nitro + in the ncasem1 V5 for my hackintosh.
Works perfectly with Catalina 10.15.2 (with agdpmod=pikera)

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Dec 20, 2019
Hi, noob here building my first PC.
can the EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming or MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming Z fit the ncase M1? I heard the EVGA card is 3 slots wide so I'm not sure.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
can the EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming or MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming Z fit the ncase M1? I heard the EVGA card is 3 slots wide so I'm not sure.

The EVGA Geforce RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming card (model number = 06G-P4-2167-KR) will fit easily. It is listed as a dual slot card and the end-on photo on the product webpage supports this. The height (111.15 mm) and length (267.97 mm) are well within the M1's limits.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The EVGA will as Qrash said, the MSI will if you use low profile PCIe power adapters.

Why isn't this sticky?
I used to have sticky powers in this subforum but lost them in a forum upgrade a while back. @PlayfulPhoenix did say I'd have them back at some point, though it has been a little while.

scapiander

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 17, 2020
I'm very surprised as well! (I just registered to create this reply, but I promise I will become more engaged and active in the weeks to come :), especially as I start to accumulate parts for my Ncase M1 build -- I think I am going 3950X and 2080ti after watching Optimum Tech's 3950X build. Sold).

What I would like to know is how hot that 2080Ti Strix OC will typically run (1440p gaming) with its 3 fans/larger profile, versus other 2080 tis out there.

I've seen 2-slot 2080tis fit this case with ease, and users will often place two case fans, drawing air from underneath, directly on to the card. I don't expect to be doing any sort of insane overclocking, but I am not prepared to experiment with water cooling at this time, so I am curious what the differences would be between:
  • Option 1: ASUS Strix 2080ti OC (3 fans), huge card (it's a question of how efficient these 3 fans actually are)
  • Option 2: Other 2080ti options, 2 slot cards, w/ room for two 120mm case fans underneath, blowing air directly on to the card
I'd suspect Option 2 is actually going to produce better temps??

Anyone have an answer to this person's question. I have the exact same question.
Will I get better temps with EVGA 2080ti Black + 2 120x25 fans below or Asus ROG Strix 2080 ti 3 fan GPU?

ramathorn11

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 28, 2019
I'm very surprised as well! (I just registered to create this reply, but I promise I will become more engaged and active in the weeks to come :), especially as I start to accumulate parts for my Ncase M1 build -- I think I am going 3950X and 2080ti after watching Optimum Tech's 3950X build. Sold).

What I would like to know is how hot that 2080Ti Strix OC will typically run (1440p gaming) with its 3 fans/larger profile, versus other 2080 tis out there.

I've seen 2-slot 2080tis fit this case with ease, and users will often place two case fans, drawing air from underneath, directly on to the card. I don't expect to be doing any sort of insane overclocking, but I am not prepared to experiment with water cooling at this time, so I am curious what the differences would be between:
  • Option 1: ASUS Strix 2080ti OC (3 fans), huge card (it's a question of how efficient these 3 fans actually are)
  • Option 2: Other 2080ti options, 2 slot cards, w/ room for two 120mm case fans underneath, blowing air directly on to the card

Anyone have an answer to this person's question. I have the exact same question.
Will I get better temps with EVGA 2080ti Black + 2 120x25 fans below or Asus ROG Strix 2080 ti 3 fan GPU?

Yes thank you! Not sure if this is a simple question to answer.

SFFnutjob

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 4, 2020
First time M1 builder currently putting it together now. Is it possible to have two 120x25 fans on the bottom, AND the GPU bracket, AND keep the front USB etc? I'm fiding the front USB cables are really getting in the way and preventing me from adding everything.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
First time M1 builder currently putting it together now. Is it possible to have two 120x25 fans on the bottom, AND the GPU bracket, AND keep the front USB etc? I'm fiding the front USB cables are really getting in the way and preventing me from adding everything.
Should be.

Aelinger

Cable Smoosher
Jan 10, 2020
With the first version of my V5 i'have a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING ICX with two 120x25 fan with front usb.
And now i'have Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G with front usb but no additional fan.

scapiander

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 17, 2020

It's not that it's not possible, it's just makes the whole process tedious. Last night the cable management got so frustrating, I just unscrewed and ripped out the front i/o stuff. It's so impractical, and just works to create more work and potentially worse airflow. The case is so short, and the rear i/o is so close.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I have confirmed that the Red Devil 5700XT fits with low profile pcie connectors. Highly recommended to remove the front IO. Also needs to be angled in from the front and then pulled back into pcie slot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth and rfarmer

Femto

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 18, 2020

This is an excellent question, would be very interested in opinions here. Option 1 also has the advantage to be a bit simpler, meaning you do not have to plug your bottom fans onto the gpu, install the horrendous GPU temp software and customise the fan curves.