NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

nibbly

Efficiency Noob
Apr 17, 2020
I don't quite understand this spec for the case with regards to graphics cards, height: up to 140mm at mid-card (130mm if over 55mm thick), 130mm at rear corner..
Is 130 at rear because you are taking into account for power connector?
I have a GeForce® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G (https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-GAMING-X-8G/Specification) which is 140mm high BUT, its already been modified to have power connection fed in from the side (e.g. no connections coming out the top of the card), will this now fit in the case?

nibbly

Efficiency Noob
Apr 17, 2020

Frzfrzfrz

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 11, 2019
Added, thanks. Too thick for the length though unfortunately.

Hi,

Regarding the XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC III Ultra, ncase maximum length: 322mm and the size of this GPU is:

This is currently on amazon.co.uk at an amazing price and reviews of it are quite good (for an AMD XFX).

What is stopping it from fitting ? Is it the front I/O panel ?

On the front I/O panel are the audio/USB headers that are protruding inwards in the case ?

Is the power button protruding inwards as well?

Thinking maybe it will fit with the I/O headers removed (just power button kept) + low profile PCIe connectors ?

Many thanks

zk2004mb

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2020
Sorry for the previous reply. Somehow I hit the post before I finish

I have confirmed that the Red Devil 5700XT fits with low profile pcie connectors. Highly recommended to remove the front IO. Also needs to be angled in from the front and then pulled back into pcie slot.

Really need some help here!

I have V6.1 and the 5700xt Red Devil. My original plan was building a custom loop. I bought the waterblock and then realized the gpu became too wide with waterblock attached. There is no way that I can put on the side panel.

But luckliy Bykski has a L shape add on head to replace the original head with width 16.6mm. So I wonder if this piece can help me out.
Can someone has the red devil tell me the clearance between the side panel and the edge of the blackplate of GPU?
Thanks a lot!

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Sorry for the previous reply. Somehow I hit the post before I finish

Really need some help here!

I have V6.1 and the 5700xt Red Devil. My original plan was building a custom loop. I bought the waterblock and then realized the gpu became too wide with waterblock attached. There is no way that I can put on the side panel.

But luckliy Bykski has a L shape add on head to replace the original head with width 16.6mm. So I wonder if this piece can help me out.
Can someone has the red devil tell me the clearance between the side panel and the edge of the blackplate of GPU?
Thanks a lot!

PM’d you.

Reactions: zk2004mb

ClawSS

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2020
New post...I picked up (still waiting for delivery) a Gigabyte 2080 Super Gaming OC. It will fit out of the box per the spreadsheet in the (yet to get a shipping notice) V6. But I think I will want to "re-fan" it with the 25mm Noctuas for noise. Can I deshroud and make some 25mm fit...tightly...or is the fan+shroud assembly not 8mm thick thus gaining enough for the fan swap? 50 - ~8 = 42 + 25= 67mm optimum

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
New post...I picked up (still waiting for delivery) a Gigabyte 2080 Super Gaming OC. It will fit out of the box per the spreadsheet in the (yet to get a shipping notice) V6. But I think I will want to "re-fan" it with the 25mm Noctuas for noise. Can I deshroud and make some 25mm fit...tightly...or is the fan+shroud assembly not 8mm thick thus gaining enough for the fan swap? 50 - ~8 = 42 + 25= 67mm optimum

I did a quick search and found some signs of hope, but nothing definitive. This card is listed on Gigabyte's website in two revisions, 1.0 and 2.0. Photos for both revisions show the thickness of the heatsink does not extend past the edge of the dual-slot mounting bracket.

However, for some makes, the shroud is mounted on metal posts or brackets that extend above the heatsink fins. These would interfere with a 25 mm fan underneath the card. I cannot find a disassembly photo that shows if this Gigabyte card has these too. The exploded view animation on the Gigabyte website shows the heatsink has a very flat surface under the shroud, but this could be a simplification of the actual design. In fact, there seem to be screws along the top and bottom edge of the shroud that attach it to the heatsink. These screws may be into tabs or posts which could interfere with 25 mm fans. Good luck.

Reactions: ClawSS

ClawSS

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2020
Thank you for that time and effort. I have MORE digging to do. All help is appreciated. It was hard enough to justify it with a sale and rebate.

edcoppen

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 7, 2020
I am hoping for some clarity on whether a specific GPU will fit.
  • I have the M1 v6.1 coming - I require the use of the front IO ports so removing them is not an option.
  • I want to get the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC
  • It's dimensions are listed as L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm
  • The detailed length/thickness diagram in the first post suggests this should be ok, but I know that different manufacturers measure their cards differently.
  • Can anyone please confirm that this card will fit in WITH the front IO ports in situ, it is not listed in the table in the first post which is why I am unsure.
Many thanks,
Ed

tolo

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 21, 2019
I am hoping for some clarity on whether a specific GPU will fit.
  • I have the M1 v6.1 coming - I require the use of the front IO ports so removing them is not an option.
  • I want to get the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC
  • It's dimensions are listed as L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm
  • The detailed length/thickness diagram in the first post suggests this should be ok, but I know that different manufacturers measure their cards differently.
  • Can anyone please confirm that this card will fit in WITH the front IO ports in situ, it is not listed in the table in the first post which is why I am unsure.
Many thanks,
Ed
It fitted perfectly, I using this card too.

Danacy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 15, 2020
Hi,

Regarding the XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC III Ultra, ncase maximum length: 322mm and the size of this GPU is:

This is currently on amazon.co.uk at an amazing price and reviews of it are quite good (for an AMD XFX).

What is stopping it from fitting ? Is it the front I/O panel ?

On the front I/O panel are the audio/USB headers that are protruding inwards in the case ?

Is the power button protruding inwards as well?

Thinking maybe it will fit with the I/O headers removed (just power button kept) + low profile PCIe connectors ?

Many thanks

Hi all,

I know this question is from a while ago but since this card is still one of the cheapest on Amazon I wanted to share that the XFX 5600 XT Thicc III Ultra does actually fit inside the Ncase M1. I couldn't believe it at first because it is the longest card on the list but it can be done. Proof:

Reactions: rfarmer

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi all,

I know this question is from a while ago but since this card is still one of the cheapest on Amazon I wanted to share that the XFX 5600 XT Thicc III Ultra does actually fit inside the Ncase M1. I couldn't believe it at first because it is the longest card on the list but it can be done. Proof:
That appears to be the Triple Dissipation, not the THICC III. The latter lacks the cutouts on the top-side of the shroud that the former has. The THICC III is also a triple slot card, whereas the TD is only dual-slot, which yours clearly is.

The TD's dimensions as given by XFX appear to include the PCI bracket, which makes it seem too large (326x148mm) to fit in the M1 (322x140mm max, not counting the bracket). The bracket adds ~15mm to height and ~10mm to length, so I've subtracted those from the TD's entry in my table.

Edit: Just saw your post on Reddit referencing the Techpowerup review of the THICC III Ultra. They do show the retail packaging with the "THICC" branding, but the design of the card itself matches the the Triple Dissipation on XFX's site. The THICC III Ultra on their site has a noticeably different design. Not sure what's going on, but for now I will stick to the model names published on XFX's website.

Last edited:

Danacy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 15, 2020
That appears to be the Triple Dissipation, not the THICC III. The latter lacks the cutouts on the top-side of the shroud that the former has. The THICC III is also a triple slot card, whereas the TD is only dual-slot, which yours clearly is.

The TD's dimensions as given by XFX appear to include the PCI bracket, which makes it seem too large (326x148mm) to fit in the M1 (322x140mm max, not counting the bracket). The bracket adds ~15mm to height and ~10mm to length, so I've subtracted those from the TD's entry in my table.

Edit: Just saw your post on Reddit referencing the Techpowerup review of the THICC III Ultra. They do show the retail packaging with the "THICC" branding, but the design of the card itself matches the the Triple Dissipation on XFX's site. The THICC III Ultra on their site has a noticeably different design. Not sure what's going on, but for now I will stick to the model names published on XFX's website.
Yes you are right, also thanks for adding the information on Reddit. Like you said, I do have the Thicc III Ultra, but the design is definitely the Triple Dissipation. Well, at least we now have the Triple Dissipation confirmed on the list ;)

Overrated PC User

Efficiency Noob
Jun 17, 2020
Hi,
I'm planning to build my PC within M1, my current plan is to use Crosshair VIII Impact as the motherboard. I know it is bigger than the usual ITX motherboard, so which 2080S out there that's currently available to purchase is going to fit just fine without any modification required? All the builds I have seen on pcpartpicker were utilized custom loop to fit in the 2080S.

I wouldn't mind downgrading to a lower-tier GPUs (2070S/5700XT) or even switch back to conventional ITX to fit those bulky GPUs.

Thanks

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi,
I'm planning to build my PC within M1, my current plan is to use Crosshair VIII Impact as the motherboard. I know it is bigger than the usual ITX motherboard, so which 2080S out there that's currently available to purchase is going to fit just fine without any modification required? All the builds I have seen on pcpartpicker were utilized custom loop to fit in the 2080S.

I wouldn't mind downgrading to a lower-tier GPUs (2070S/5700XT) or even switch back to conventional ITX to fit those bulky GPUs.

Thanks

The majority of the 2080 cards will fit, some might require some creative thinking on how to manoeuvre them in but for example even the Asus Strix cards fit.

Remy17

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2020
The majority of the 2080 cards will fit, some might require some creative thinking on how to manoeuvre them in but for example even the Asus Strix cards fit.

I just purchased the NCase and am in the process of sourcing parts and the video card selection seems dicey. I see they have the Strix cards listed but I have a 2060 Strix in my current rig (a Cooler Master HAF X) and that card looks crazy in that case. If I get motivated I might check the clearance with my current card for reference, but I am seriously thinking about a two fan card for the Ncase build just to make life easier.