'Minefoxi's (crazy) ideas' thread (New: LAN-BOX)

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
How are you installing a GPU in RealCube then? It seems like you'd have to connect it to the mainboard first and then insert mainboard and GPU into the case together.

You've overlooked my feedback about the ODD position ;)

Right, that's how I install MB and GPU at the moment, mabye I'll change it how it's done in this case, cutout from slit to panel edge with a counterpart attached to the side panel would work (that's what you meant @Phuncz, right?)

And right again but the location I won't change because I want enough clearance between MB and PSU for the waterblock, hoses and cables. And I like that the case sidepanels are perfectly square at the moment.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ah yes, sliding it in attached to the motherboard is indeed a possibility, if that works and isn't a problem. Usually some of the screw on the board are hard to reach with the GPU installed though.

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
Usually some of the screw on the board are hard to reach with the GPU installed though.

Yeah and that's why I'm currently working on a workaround for that because the screw in the I/O-PCIe corner cannot be reached at all with a GPU in place. My approach is screwing the MB to the standoffs before installing the GPU (at least on that side)

Also a little update:
If the other sidepanel is not getting any vents, why not add the pictograph there as well? Would make the whole thing look good from all sides.

Happy now @iFreilicht? ;)

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Much better! It's a bit misleading as this is a LAN-box and the LAN symbol is only on one side, but it looks much more interesting than a plain sheet.

Of course that highly depends on the type of wood you'll be using. The stronger the grain or structure, the better it will look without any additional optical features.