Iāll contribute my thoughts because I just ended up selecting an H1 over the Meshi for a handful of reasons:
- H1 has a smaller footprint. Thatās fine to leave as-is as the ability to fit a larger rad is a fair trade-off.
- The blue LED in the power button was a huge turn off for me. I think it looks dated and cheap. Much prefer the white ring of the H1.
- The lack of a headphone jack in the front I/O. Again, this a feature that the H1 had that the Meshi didnāt.
- Lack of cable management. Obviously thatās a shoe-in for the H1 because the included PSU comes with pre-routed cables. But there should be some more consideration for cable management with the Meshi. I didnāt like that Iād have to buy additional hardware to offset either the gpu or mobo to manage the cables to any reasonable degree.
- Undercarriage clearance. I appreciate that the Meshi has easy access to the rear I/O but there should be more space at the underside. Either that or the case shouldāve come with a 90 degree DP adapter or right-angled connector, in addition to the 90 degree HDMI. Along with the stand-off mod, I didnāt appreciate the fact that I wouldāve had to buy a new cable or aftermarket legs to connect to my monitor using a DP cable.
- I think the vented top panel was the right move. More room at the top or a dedicated bracket to fit a fan wouldāve been a good design move.
These were all the factors that made me go for the H1 over the Meshi. BUT, I like the breathable nature of it, the interchangeable side panels, and ease of access into the chassis. If the other factors I mentioned above were slightly different in design, I probably wouldāve gone Meshi instead. Iām keeping my eyes open for the redux though because I love building in new cases