Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

van1337

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 4, 2022
If I were to guess: a small switch in that new hole directly above the motherboard I/O (the slightly larger one with screw mounting holes on each side).

A mistake IMO, but then I guess people don't really use power buttons all that often, so it might not matter. Still an odd decision: more front I/O is a very "for the mainstream" kind of move, while moving the power button to the back where you can't see it or even tell that it's there unless you know what to look for is a very "SFF enthusiast" kind of move. Trying to please everyone, and thus not pleasing anyone?
You're probably right, here a higher resolution pic:

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
If I were to guess: a small switch in that new hole directly above the motherboard I/O (the slightly larger one with screw mounting holes on each side).

A mistake IMO, but then I guess people don't really use power buttons all that often, so it might not matter. Still an odd decision: more front I/O is a very "for the mainstream" kind of move, while moving the power button to the back where you can't see it or even tell that it's there unless you know what to look for is a very "SFF enthusiast" kind of move. Trying to please everyone, and thus not pleasing anyone?
yeah i find that weird because I use the power button way more than top IO

Reactions: Valantar

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020

Looks like a classic layout...

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

Looks like a classic layout...

Don't forget that SFFN is more than a forum. We have a news and article section!

SFFN NEWS AND ARTICLE SECTION.

But yes it looks like a more Ncase M1 Mesh layout. Which isn't surprising honestly.

Reactions: Valantar

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
This Meshroom D, will it be vertical like old mashlicious or both horizontal and for those who wanna vertical, and where is black/red edition,its the most beautiful.
One more question for this Meshroom D -will it be only option for case or few versions such as regular meshroom , meshroom D and some other maybe.....thx

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Meshroom is a SSUPD product and what W360 is working on is unrelated.
This Meshroom D, will it be vertical like old mashlicious or both horizontal and for those who wanna vertical, and where is black/red edition,its the most beautiful.
One more question for this Meshroom D -will it be only option for case or few versions such as regular meshroom , meshroom D and some other maybe.....

Last edited:

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018

Ssupd
Meshroom S Mini ITX its official we all can buy it on case king or official site​

• Love
Reactions: Lutfij and rfarmer

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021

Ssupd

Meshroom S Mini ITX its official we all can buy it on case king or official site​

That's a different case

EDIT: Just to explain further:

The original meshlicious was designed by W360 in partnership with SSUPD (a Lian Li spin-off) some things happened (see Necere's take here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ncase-m1-v6-info.10687/post-266600). So W360 "broke up" with SSUPD, and is now partnering with Streacom for the next gen meshlicious. W360 runs NCase, so it's a Streacom x NCase collaboration.
SSUPD made their own new case, the Meshroom S (and Meshroom D).

This thread is about W360's Streacom x NCase project.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Sorry to hear about what happened with W360 and SSUPD. I probably won't buy their next set of cases but I wonder if that means we'll see a new vertical case from NCase and Streacom? It's early but I don't expect to build anything new until Zen 5 and that generation of GPUs.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Sorry to hear about what happened with W360 and SSUPD. I probably won't buy their next set of cases but I wonder if that means we'll see a new vertical case from NCase and Streacom? It's early but I don't expect to build anything new until Zen 5 and that generation of GPUs.
Yes, that is what this thread is about, a new vertical case from NCase x Streacom. They're awaiting details on 4000 series GPU sizing before finalising the details.