Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I been playing with two 180mm fan on 360 rad, cooling pretty insane, similar surface area to 280+240.
I was thinking 3x 120 so different 360 haha, but 2x 180 would definitely be cool to see - look forward to more details 😄

EDIT: AFAIK there's only Alphacool doing 180mm rad and Silverstone doing 180mm fans. is that the combination you've been experimenting with?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I was thinking 3x 120 so different 360 haha, but 2x 180 would definitely be cool to see - look forward to more details 😄

EDIT: AFAIK there's only Alphacool doing 180mm rad and Silverstone doing 180mm fans. is that the combination you've been experimenting with?

I got the Magicool 360 (180x2), cooper and 30mm thin, with dual SilverStone AP184i fans.

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
whohoho cant wait to see, where U predict than we can actually see this case or at least pics of it, its almost 1 year from meshlicious v1, ideas to implement please add pcie 5.0 riser must have in 2022 and remove all your circle/ring holes and make hexagonal holes all across the case like U have on back but u got few haxagonal holes, Velka 5 or phanteks evolv , Anthe w19 or some other cases have all across almost, its more beautiful and looks more premium and u got more air, your holes are to small and U quick find dust, , just make bigger holes on front and side....and again U will have best ITX mini case in 2022

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
If you guys have suggestions for deisgn and hardware changes, I might be able to squeeze it in last minute.

a 360 radiator support, instead of 280, would result in better GPU connectors compatibility, case would be taller, but also "slimer" as in no need for 140mm fans, compensating volume, still being around 14.5L. anyways not quite a small modification.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
whohoho cant wait to see, where U predict than we can actually see this case or at least pics of it, its almost 1 year from meshlicious v1, ideas to implement please add pcie 5.0 riser must have in 2022 and remove all your circle/ring holes and make hexagonal holes all across the case like U have on back but u got few haxagonal holes, Velka 5 or phanteks evolv , Anthe w19 or some other cases have all across almost, its more beautiful and looks more premium and u got more air, your holes are to small and U quick find dust, , just make bigger holes on front and side....and again U will have best ITX mini case in 2022

I have to disagree with you there: stamped hex holes like that look dirt cheap, they've been a standard feature on bargain-basement atx tower cases (like that top pic) for a decade or more. They have the advantage of being wide open for airflow, but they have no place on a premium product. The mesh on the Meshlicious manages a great best of all worlds compromise (airflow, dust protection, aesthetics). Given how Streacom are very looks and premium materials focused historically, I would be shocked if they went with cheapo stamped hex patterned steel for this.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Not sure why this is getting revised again so soon but I guess some will be excited - finally happy with my build though and I have cats too so less filtering/mesh is probably not worth it for me.

Oh well, will follow out of curiosity. 👍

Reactions: robojim

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Not sure why this is getting revised again so soon but I guess some will be excited - finally happy with my build though and I have cats too so less filtering/mesh is probably not worth it for me.

Oh well, will follow out of curiosity. 👍
Yeah I'm not sure I'm going to undo my custom loop either lol but I'm interested to see what else comes with the case

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
a 360 radiator support, instead of 280, would result in better GPU connectors compatibility, case would be taller, but also "slimer" as in no need for 140mm fans, compensating volume, still being around 14.5L. anyways not quite a small modification.

I think you are in favor of making case more narrow to compensate for 360 radiator right?

This one reduces air cooling.

Also, 360 radiators are basically 400mm tall, that’s 40mm in height that has to come from either depth or width. The meshlicious V1 is 167mm wide, that means reducing width by 40m to less than 130mm wide, it won’t fit 140mm fans or 280.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Make the front I/O a modular plate if possible, in the sense that it can be removed and replaced with another plate using, let's say, a simple vandal switch only. With the Meshlishious the I/O holes are stamped onto the front metal. Cannot be removed.

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
I’ll contribute my thoughts because I just ended up selecting an H1 over the Meshi for a handful of reasons:

- H1 has a smaller footprint. That’s fine to leave as-is as the ability to fit a larger rad is a fair trade-off.
- The blue LED in the power button was a huge turn off for me. I think it looks dated and cheap. Much prefer the white ring of the H1.
- The lack of a headphone jack in the front I/O. Again, this a feature that the H1 had that the Meshi didn’t.
- Lack of cable management. Obviously that’s a shoe-in for the H1 because the included PSU comes with pre-routed cables. But there should be some more consideration for cable management with the Meshi. I didn’t like that I’d have to buy additional hardware to offset either the gpu or mobo to manage the cables to any reasonable degree.
- Undercarriage clearance. I appreciate that the Meshi has easy access to the rear I/O but there should be more space at the underside. Either that or the case should’ve come with a 90 degree DP adapter or right-angled connector, in addition to the 90 degree HDMI. Along with the stand-off mod, I didn’t appreciate the fact that I would’ve had to buy a new cable or aftermarket legs to connect to my monitor using a DP cable.
- I think the vented top panel was the right move. More room at the top or a dedicated bracket to fit a fan would’ve been a good design move.

These were all the factors that made me go for the H1 over the Meshi. BUT, I like the breathable nature of it, the interchangeable side panels, and ease of access into the chassis. If the other factors I mentioned above were slightly different in design, I probably would’ve gone Meshi instead. I’m keeping my eyes open for the redux though because I love building in new cases ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I’ll contribute my thoughts because I just ended up selecting an H1 over the Meshi for a handful of reasons:

- H1 has a smaller footprint. That’s fine to leave as-is as the ability to fit a larger rad is a fair trade-off.
- The blue LED in the power button was a huge turn off for me. I think it looks dated and cheap. Much prefer the white ring of the H1.
- The lack of a headphone jack in the front I/O. Again, this a feature that the H1 had that the Meshi didn’t.
- Lack of cable management. Obviously that’s a shoe-in for the H1 because the included PSU comes with pre-routed cables. But there should be some more consideration for cable management with the Meshi. I didn’t like that I’d have to buy additional hardware to offset either the gpu or mobo to manage the cables to any reasonable degree.
- Undercarriage clearance. I appreciate that the Meshi has easy access to the rear I/O but there should be more space at the underside. Either that or the case should’ve come with a 90 degree DP adapter or right-angled connector, in addition to the 90 degree HDMI. Along with the stand-off mod, I didn’t appreciate the fact that I would’ve had to buy a new cable or aftermarket legs to connect to my monitor using a DP cable.
- I think the vented top panel was the right move. More room at the top or a dedicated bracket to fit a fan would’ve been a good design move.

These were all the factors that made me go for the H1 over the Meshi. BUT, I like the breathable nature of it, the interchangeable side panels, and ease of access into the chassis. If the other factors I mentioned above were slightly different in design, I probably would’ve gone Meshi instead. I’m keeping my eyes open for the redux though because I love building in new cases ;)
IMO what you're describing is essentially the how and why of the Meshlicious vs. the H1, and changing the factors you're describing would either make the Meshy much larger or make them essentially identical. The H1 keeps a small size through only supporting a 140mm rad and stacking its PSU above it, and keeps a small footprint for much the same reason. The Meshlicious has a larger footprint as it fits its radiator on a plane that intersects the motherboard's plane instead of "floating" above it (and supports thicker rad/fan combos). Moving the rad to a H1-like position wouldn't change much - IMO it would likely increase the size of the case compared to its current volume. Making specific affordances for cable management would also necessitate a volume increase. For the record, I've had no issues stuffing most of my PSU cables behind the PSU for a reasonably clean look. No mods or extra hardware needed, just the PSU in the outermost position. This obviously won't work with the glass side panel unless you have a PSU that can have its fan facing inwards, but it's definitely doable. I agree on the GPU cable clearance part though - either the case should come bundled with optional feet (not a fan, wouldn't look as good) or some sort of angled GPU adapter. I got some slim ADT-link adapters that work very well, but at least one should be included. It does come with an angled HDMI cable, but I use DP and that cable is way too short for my needs, so that didn't help much.

There's also the issue of cooling, with the H1 leaving the GPU to act as a set of intake fans, which is quite sub-optimal (non-ducted fans spaced out from a side panel won't do a good job of pulling air in, and will recycle hot air), which the dual panel-mounted fans of the Meshy and the different layout solves to some degree.

Still, I think what you're ultimately saying here is just that you preferred the H1. Which is obviously fine. But asking for the Meshy to be more like the H1 in that regard ... well, then it wouldn't be the Meshy. It would be a weird H1 copy. That's both the beauty and the major annoyance of SFF cases - it's a game of a lot of compromises, always. The H1 has some great strengths - it's a good bundle, it's compact, it cools most CPUs decently, and it's well though out (hinged radiator bracket, cable management). But it also has disadvantages in overall cooling and airflow, especially GPU cooling. The Meshy is slightly larger, cools better, affords custom loop building if you want to, is more flexible. But also is less thought out as a package - it just isn't designed that way, and IMO this is an inherent binary choice; getting both wide choice/lots of flexibility and good cohesive package design is nearly impossible. And that's just a tradeoff anyone building a PC will always need to grapple with. We all have different preferences, and nothing is going to be universally the best case for everyone :)