Prototype SF-ATX Aluminum mainstream case (CX2 update)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-12-01: Discord Server​

We also opened a Discord Server because it's a better format for speedier feedback. So come and say hello.

2021-08-12: still WIP​

The horn are *removable, trying to get magnets working.

TLDR, I want to do more CNC products, b/c it's newish for me and that's what gets me excited. Most cases on the market use sheetmetal (thin metal sheets bent into shape). However, as an enthusiasts, CNC is more cool imo, also much harder to come down in price, but solving problems is exciting for me.

Here are the latest thoughts:
- Targeting $80 to $120
- Mainstream availability
- ATX mobo support, XLATX (TR40X) support *maybe
- Dual 280mm radiator support
- 165mm Air cooler support
- support SFX, SFX-L and ATX PSU up to 200mm
- 22-26L, undecided on support TR40X & SSI-EEB mobo support
- ETA this year.

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
not sure if it's too early to ask for specifics (in terms of physical plans), but definitely keeping an eye out on this

Myk

Efficiency Noob
Apr 29, 2020

Purpose: Place holder for those asking me to give an update to CX2

TLDR, I want to do more CNC products, b/c it's newish for me and that's what gets me excited.

Most cases on the market uses a process involving sheetmetal. However, as an enthusiasts, CNC is more cool imo, much harder to come down in price, but solving problems is exciting for me.

Here are the latest thoughts:
- Targeting $80 to $120
- Mainstream availability
- ATX mobo support, XLATX (TR40X) support *maybe
- Dual 280mm radiator support
- 165mm Air cooler support
- 22-26L, undecided on support TR40X support
- ETA this year.
I think to build a really premium high quality product you will need a price range of at least $200 - $300.

Mykyta

Efficiency Noob
May 8, 2021
I want to thank you for your work and dedication from the entire community and I really wish you luck. Hopefully we will see the product this year (fingers crossed).
I personally ready to pay $200 as top quality for me is paramount and another +-$50 will not make a significant difference at all.

Reactions: Timothy and Sashby

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Toss in ATX psu support (even if it requires a liquid cpu cooler like the Cerberus) and I think the case will attract a lot more of the “main stream” audience.

mostly I’m pleased to see a creator with your brand/reputation embrace sff cases as a space-optimization focused challenge rather than a marketed-volume-minimization game. volume can be a useful quick reference but it’d be nice for the community to move away from this notion of a 20 L cutoff.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Toss in ATX psu support (even if it requires a liquid cpu cooler like the Cerberus) and I think the case will attract a lot more of the “main stream” audience. mostly I’m pleased to see a creator with your brand/reputation embrace sff cases as a space-optimization focused challenge rather than a marketed-volume-minimization game. volume can be a useful quick reference but it’d be nice for the community to move away from this notion of a 20 L cutoff.

Already supports ATX Power Supply up to 200mm deep 😁

Winson

Case Bender
New User
Mar 31, 2020
I've been waiting for CX2 so long since I watched the review on Optimum Tech...great to see the project restarted

It looks like not many ppl are focusing on the compact ATX cases

Reactions: Timothy

Fullereneshift

Case Bender
New User
Jan 27, 2019
Very interested! I've had my eye on the CX2 ever since the concept was unveiled here last year so it's good to have some confirmation that that project isn't abandoned.

Is this going to be under the FormD brand since it is using CNC or is it going to be another spin-off since you are targeting mainstream channels?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Very interested! I've had my eye on the CX2 ever since the concept was unveiled here last year so it's good to have some confirmation that that project isn't abandoned.

Is this going to be under the FormD brand since it is using CNC or is it going to be another spin-off since you are targeting mainstream channels?

FormD resources and team is overwhelmed atm with T1.

Probably NCASE x *new indie brand as a collaboration project.