Meanwell PSU Accessories

What are you interested in?

• Total voters

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Very interested by the sole wire harness to power a wide-input thin Mini ITX motherboard with a GTX 1060.

janas19

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
I am doing work training so busy busy... but it's going!

I'll be making a post for the hook up kit soon. Depending on the success of that I'll look into designing a metal enclosure.

Soon(TM in small letters)

Seriously, that's exciting!

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
What about a simple chamber for the meanwell?, open ended both ends, this keeps fingers etc out of the lively bits, but with one or two fans pushx1, pullx1 or both push and pull, this should take care of any cooling........ or even fix a finned heat sink on top as well.
I am about to start modding a case that is 165mm wide, 357 high and 305 front to back, so instead of the existing MB mount back wall I will have a cut down Lian-Li MB slide out tray from an old PC-60, this I intend to give me variable positioning front to back, so variable sizes for 2 x chambers,....IE. Larger CPU cooler,= smaller rear chamber, enough for cabling and SSD etc, ........Low height CPU cooler = larger rear chamber, room for such as the Meanwell to be mounted.
Could also drop the MB mounting height to leave room for 2 x 120 fans under top, so extract from both chambers at once..........
Not decided on anything exact yet, but nice to have option for the Meanwell unit amongst other things.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
What about a simple chamber for the meanwell?, open ended both ends, this keeps fingers etc out of the lively bits, but with one or two fans pushx1, pullx1 or both push and pull, this should take care of any cooling........ or even fix a finned heat sink on top as well.
I am about to start modding a case that is 165mm wide, 357 high and 305 front to back, so instead of the existing MB mount back wall I will have a cut down Lian-Li MB slide out tray from an old PC-60, this I intend to give me variable positioning front to back, so variable sizes for 2 x chambers,....IE. Larger CPU cooler,= smaller rear chamber, enough for cabling and SSD etc, ........Low height CPU cooler = larger rear chamber, room for such as the Meanwell to be mounted.
Could also drop the MB mounting height to leave room for 2 x 120 fans under top, so extract from both chambers at once..........
Not decided on anything exact yet, but nice to have option for the Meanwell unit amongst other things.

The 40mm fan on either sides won't be very effective as it wouldn't flow over the heatsink. These PSU are for embedded applications where they assume no airflow. If you can get some kind of indirect or direct airflow near the heatsinks, it will greatly increase its capabilities. You can also mount lil' heatsinks to their heatsinks to increase the cooling!

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com