GPU Low Profile GPU Potential/Discussion

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
My SKTC A02 could easily fit 3 slot assuming there's only 2 physical brackets on the card.

Silverstone ML09 and ML06E could do 2,5 slot, though I'd prefer to stick to my "deshroud + 2 80x25mm fans squeezed between heatsink and side panel" set up that makes the card super quiet.
There are always some, which is why I said close to zero and not zero ;) It would still be a risky proposition for the maker of that GPU though, as they'd be targeting a niche within a niche within a niche. Not much money in that.

neepheid

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2020
No low profile options (yet), but it is pleasing to see there will be a couple of options in the <210mm length department - the ASUS Dual Mini and the EVGA XC. I use a Jonsbo T8 case and so while full height, 2 slot cards are accommodated, the length is limited to 210mm. Last generation, Zotac did a 2070 Super mini which was exactly 210mm in length and there were a few 2070 (non-super) options from Gigabyte, ASUS and MSI. So I'm pleased to be able to skip the 20 series (currently using a 1660ti) and enjoy 2080 Super-like performance with a choice of 3060ti cards to fit my T8. Good times, if/when I can buy one!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Should be a good step up from the A2000. Someone has to convert this bad boy into a single slot size for more performance/size.

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
Hey guys, guess what? there's a new low profile GPU with a beefy heatsink, external power source, above the NVxx50 model...

GeForce RTX™ 4060 OC Low Profile 8G Key Features | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

Looks like the engineers got somewhat better skills and thicker PCBs. All of that before singularity!
Thank you, very much. Good news.
Hey guys, does anyone know about RX7400 like update for current RX6400, this card is interesting but has too low potential and characteristics. Will be coll if AMD suggest to upgrade it while keeping low profile and 1 slot height.

b_force

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2019
Currently I am also a bit debating what to do myself..

At this moment I am using a XFX Speedster SWFT105 RX6400.
Performance wise, I am quite happy with it for this specific build (faster is always nicer obviously), except for one major thing; the temperatures but mostly the noise.

So I am but in doubt what to do?

Since prices are finally dropping again, there are a couple of nice low profile options at this moment:

- Another RX6400, like the Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 D6 Low Profile 4G.
- ASRock Intel Arc A380 Low Profile 6GB, similar in price

And the obvious other options like a RTX A2000 or the brand new RTX 4060 low profile.
Since I have only 300W TFX PSU atm, the A2000 would be the best pick.
Just the price is a bit to steep for me, especially when it needs an additional heatsink as well.

So has anyone experience with the Gigabyte RX6400 or Arc A380 low profile cards?