King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
first thing in the morning is getting this awesome case 😂

Thanks! Just wish you didn't have to wait 4-12 weeks to get it. :(

got mine too!! shipping with tracking at CAD40 was a bummer tho

Well worth it in my opinion, considering how far it's going to get to you, and how fast you will get it. Actual cost to me is around $65 CAD.

Any idea when more G-unique units will be available?

No, but you can always order one direct from G-Unique.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
The absolute ELATION from seeing this lol -

...especially after my torturous experience with OCUK 😶 it's about time we can finally be rewarded rather than punished for being canadian 😄

Looking forward to doing a little photoshoot and a 3-way comparison between the L5, HT5 and Cerberus 🤠

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
June batch is sold out. Unfortunately, there is a small delay and I won't be able to start shipping until next week. I wasn't very happy with the quality of the white powder coating on one of the two side panels used on the L5, so my manufacturer has agreed to send replacements.

• Love
Reactions: thelaughingman

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
My new HDPLEX 200W DC-ATX is on the way. Pretty cool they now have a UK based warehouse. Just need to wait until I can afford the Mistix, get the vent 3D printed from somewhere and find a powered USB 2.0 hub that matches the case.

Anyway in the meantime cleaned out the fans at the front;

And also added two low noise adapters as well as the fan to Sata adapter.

On that note, does anyone know of any good powered USB 2.0 hubs that matches the look of the L5?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Got my 240W brick today. I gotta say, I have always liked the look of modern Dell adapters with their rounded look.

Everything is set to migrate from the HT5, now only waiting for the star of the show!

Nice ! What are its dimensions and model reference ? The french Dell store only shows the rectangular one, but maybe the picture is bot up-to-date.

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
Nice ! What are its dimensions and model reference ? The french Dell store only shows the rectangular one, but maybe the picture is bot up-to-date.

It seems to be on the FR Dell store but under a different product reference number. Mine is 450-AHHE while the euro version seems to be 450-AJBL. 450-AHHE is listed by Lone on the webpage I think. Both look the same, good ol' 7.4mm barrel connector, fits snug with the HDPlex's barrel adapter.

Dell Adapter 240-Watt 7.4mm Barrel with 1M Power Cord, Cus Kit | Dell USA
adaptateur CA Dell 240watts à 3 broches avec cordon d’alimentation | Dell France

Not sure if the actual product is any different, as the brick is electrically universal 100-240VAC and has a standard C14 inlet. My guess is that they just bundle a Euro power cord. It's definitely a bit more attractive-looking than the old-type 240W ones.

Edit: forgot to add, the model number is LA240PM180 on the brick.

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
It seems to be on the FR Dell store but under a different product reference number. Mine is 450-AHHE while the euro version seems to be 450-AJBL. 450-AHHE is listed by Lone on the webpage I think. Both look the same, good ol' 7.4mm barrel connector, fits snug with the HDPlex's barrel adapter.

Dell Adapter 240-Watt 7.4mm Barrel with 1M Power Cord, Cus Kit | Dell USA
adaptateur CA Dell 240watts à 3 broches avec cordon d’alimentation | Dell France

Not sure if the actual product is any different, as the brick is electrically universal 100-240VAC and has a standard C14 inlet. My guess is that they just bundle a Euro power cord. It's definitely a bit more attractive-looking than the old-type 240W ones.

Edit: forgot to add, the model number is LA240PM180 on the brick.

That's very weird, because the link works but if I go back to AC listing it's nowhere to be found if I filter on 200-300 wattage.

If you scroll through the full unfiltered listing, then it shows up and it's almost half the price of the rectangular one too.

Thanks a lot for the link.

Reactions: nubbins

deeeeeeeeee

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2020
hey @Lone , would you mind checking your emails? i have replied to the shipping notification and i havent heard back since then, hope you can take a look at it before shipping my case out, thanks!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
hey @Lone , would you mind checking your emails? i have replied to the shipping notification and i havent heard back since then, hope you can take a look at it before shipping my case out, thanks!

Sorry, I've replied to any emails I've received, and have checked my spam. Please send me a PM here, and check your spam if you haven't already.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I missed the MiSTix pre order, so while I still want to do a MiSTer build, it won't happen till later this year. I think they will be back in stock until August.

Got the HDPLEX 200W though.

Reactions: Lone

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
Damn, I haven't been this excited and impatient for a package since my GMK Dolch and 9009 R2 keysets lol 😆

CPU: Ryzen 4650G
Cooler: NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition + NF-A9
Mobo: B550I Aorus AX
RAM: 16GB 4400 Viper Steels @ DDR4-4200 16-16-16-290 1.47V
iGPU: Vega 7 @ 2275MHz 1.2V
SSD: 1TB SN550
Power: 200W HDPlex DC-ATX + 240W Dell 450-AHHE
Fans: 2 x NF-R8 redux

It would have been really nice to have vents on the top side too, can't be hotboxing 1.5V B-die like that. So I just ended up flipping the case on its head, hopefully it works out thermally. The HT5 escaped this issue because the 2 x NF-A8 were set up as exhaust in the top of the case to pull air away from the DIMMs.

Great case! Just wish there weren't so many flakes from the powdercoating everywhere. The white/black powdercoating on my Cerberus is a little smoother, but the rougher texture is also nice in its own way.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
By request of a forum member, I've redesigned the HDPLEX 200W AC-DC PCI Card Mount into a 3D printable part (currently untested):

Reactions: GuilleAcoustic

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
Comparison between similar cases, L5 vs HT5 (5.3L):

Just for giggles, L5 vs Cerberus (18.7L):

Interestingly enough, it looks big next to a case 4x its size, yet small compared to a case only 1.15x......but rest assured it feels tiny in hand compared to either one XD

Both the Cerberus and the L5 have flawless white powdercoating. Only difference is the texture, L5 is rougher. And well, the HT5 isn't metal.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
@nubbins Great comparison, and photos! Thanks for doing that. :) I think the texture on the L5 is slightly rougher than last year. Same powder, but perhaps applied by a different person at my manufacturer.

Reactions: nubbins