Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

Philth

Efficiency Noob
Aug 23, 2019
Finally got all my parts in!

Building was a piece of cake in this case. Cable management is pretty easy with the absolutely massive rear mobo cutout. The KMPKT Dynamo Mini works with regular 25x80mm fans but it is as tight as it can be. Definitely wouldn’t be able to slide the new HDPlex 200w dc-dc in. I could probably zip-tie some stuff to clean it up a little more but this’ll do for now:

Pics here

CPU: Ryzen 2600
GPU: ZOTAC 1650 LP
MOBO: Asus Strix b450-I
Memory: 16gb XPG DDR4
Storage: 1tb XPG NVMe m.2 drive
PSU: KMPKT Dynamo Mini 200w and 230w HP brick

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yep!
Hoping to use the ASrock x570 ITX board.
Hey man!
No problem so far! I am using it with the Dell Brick 180W. No problem at all.
BUT, how are you gonna connectthe riser with the ASrock ITX? Mine is in place of the REAR slot.

Dynamite

Trash Compacter
Apr 20, 2018
The KMPCT Dynamo Mini works with regular 25x80mm fans but it is as tight as it can be.

Looks like a great build!

Is there any contact between the Dynamo Mini EPS connector and the front fan frame or side of the case? It's hard to tell how much clearance is there from your pics. I recently procured a Dynamo Mini 200W in anticipation of upgrading my build so I'm curious if there will be any difficulty cramming it in. My front fans have a rubber gasket around the frame (Noiseblocker M8-P) so I might have to remove that.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Hey man!
No problem so far! I am using it with the Dell Brick 180W. No problem at all.
BUT, how are you gonna connectthe riser with the ASrock ITX? Mine is in place of the REAR slot.

I thought the X570 had it on the back, that's why I was asking.

Philth

Efficiency Noob
Aug 23, 2019
Looks like a great build!

Is there any contact between the Dynamo Mini EPS connector and the front fan frame or side of the case? It's hard to tell how much clearance is there from your pics. I recently procured a Dynamo Mini 200W in anticipation of upgrading my build so I'm curious if there will be any difficulty cramming it in. My front fans have a rubber gasket around the frame (Noiseblocker M8-P) so I might have to remove that.

There is contact with the plastic securing tab on the 4 pin connector with the fan frame. There’s no stress or pushing on either but there’s no wiggle room. I was honestly worried when I did some test fitting before I secured everything together but it just fits. If the rubber gasket makes the fan any wider than 25mm I can’t guarantee there won’t be any conflict

Reactions: Dynamite

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Just out of curiosity, is there any chance of the Crosshair VIII Impact fitting in this case? The biggest concern is the riser card, but I guess if you remove the heatsink, it cuts down on the height.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
By removing the heatsink would that allow for a 80mm x 20mm to be mounted?

I'll double check on this, hopefully tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, is there any chance of the Crosshair VIII Impact fitting in this case? The biggest concern is the riser card, but I guess if you remove the heatsink, it cuts down on the height.

Sorry, no chance. Mini-DTX motherboards will not fit.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
By removing the heatsink would that allow for a 80mm x 20mm to be mounted?

So it looks like there is better clearance with the HDPLEX 200W DC-ATX when the front/outer heatsink is removed, than there is with the KMPKT/HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX. Here's a image which shows the clearance:

Thanks for inquiring about this. This makes me think the HDPLEX 200W is an excellent fit for the L5. Without a front fan, you would use the front heatsink (or use thinner 80x10-15mm fans). With an 80x25mm fan, you simply remove the heatsink and get a better fit than with the old model! Well done HDPLEX. :)

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Would having the fan in front of the HDPlex improve the power rating? So could it handle say 250W or even 300W?

Response directly from HDPLEX:

"We test using 250W load in passive mode. I am pretty sure it can sustain 250W with active cooling. However 300W will trigger protection."

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
By that logic would this build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NwzV3t be possible with the HDPlex 200W DC?

I would like 64GB RAM, but it takes it up to 268W.

Absolutely, even with 64 GB ram.

PCPartPicker wattages are only estimates. Personally, I would have no problem running that build with a 180W brick, but only you know how you will use your system. I've been using 192W AC adapters for numerous years and never had an issue with high end builds (for the L5) like the one you linked.

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
@Lone - What cooler would you recommend? I don't think the L12S will fit on my motherboard?

Edit - I'm thinking about going with an L9A with a NF-A9 Chromax combo. I've also placed an order for a white and black case.

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Finally got all my parts in!

Building was a piece of cake in this case. Cable management is pretty easy with the absolutely massive rear mobo cutout. The KMPKT Dynamo Mini works with regular 25x80mm fans but it is as tight as it can be. Definitely wouldn’t be able to slide the new HDPlex 200w dc-dc in. I could probably zip-tie some stuff to clean it up a little more but this’ll do for now:

Pics here

CPU: Ryzen 2600
GPU: ZOTAC 1650 LP
MOBO: Asus Strix b450-I
Memory: 16gb XPG DDR4
Storage: 1tb XPG NVMe m.2 drive
PSU: KMPKT Dynamo Mini 200w and 230w HP brick

Thanks for sharing your build! The photos are excellent. :)

@Lone - What cooler would you recommend? I don't think the L12S will fit on my motherboard?

Edit - I'm thinking about going with an L9A with a NF-A9 Chromax combo. I've also placed an order for a white and black case.

Thank you for the order!

Looking at my NH-L12S installed, there's a good chance it will fit. The fan may touch against the custom IO enclosure/cover, but hard to say for sure. Comparing the X570 board you mentioned, it looks like it maintains similar keepout zones as other X/B450 boards. Did you consider the ASUS STRIX B450-I like Philth used? I'm personally even considering the absolutely minimal ASUS Prime A320I-K. :)

Last edited: