Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX

Tramere

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019
Thank you for the update.

What is the maximum fan/radiator support at each of the fan locations?

Top:
Bottom:
Side:
Rear:

Many thanks for considering my request.

My goal with this case would be a complete water cooling loop.
Best guess so far:
Side: 60mm + 25/30mm fans for sure
Bottom: 60mm + 25mm ( 30 mm should work)
Top: at least 20.5mm + 15mm (here is the big question)

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
Best guess so far:
Side: 60mm + 25/30mm fans for sure
Bottom: 60mm + 25mm ( 30 mm should work)
Top: at least 20.5mm + 15mm (here is the big question)
Thank you so much! I appreciate this! I am going to do my best to wait for this one. Right now, it is the only M-ATX case in the smaller format to allow this kind of cooling and fitment. I can actually start purchasing some items to have them ready for a Christmas Swap :) Now I need to sell off a few items.

Right now, I see the following.

Side: 1-EK-Quantum Surface X360M + 3-Phanteks 120-T30
Bottom: 1- EK-Quantum Surface X360M + 3-Phanteks 120-T30
Top: 3-Phanteks 120-T30

I am looking forward to the development of this one.

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
When SSF cases are designed, preservation of space is needed.

What I have never understood. Why is the PSU always placed right under the top RAD? In my mind, if I am really doing some serious work, my PSU is working away. The fresh air pulled in - cool. But the air is hot when that fresh air goes across the PSU and comes out the top. Why is the hot air always dumped right into the top radiator??? Now the top radiator works almost twice as hard as needed to keep the components cool.

Why not take that PSU and flush mount in line with the top fans? So when the heat comes out, it goes right out of the case. Why not make the case just long enough to pass by the top radiator and still accept a 360 radiator? It is always puzzling when I see this.

tristank

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 21, 2018
It’s as simple as having multiple pcie slots available. The top slot on nearly every board is the one used for the gpu because it’s the fastest one (shortest lane length to cpu). But when I have a 2.5 or larger slot gpu (which are … all of them, at least the modern ones) there are no slots left on an mATX board making it essentially an itx one. I have the use case for populating multiple or all slots so it would be really beneficial to have all of them available without obstructing 80% of them by the gpu.

Exactly what I was thinking after seeing the current progress-

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Its not on the preview picture. I got a sample one month ago and we made changes to the look of the front panel. So if you see it maybe just the last version