Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are two pictures of the current prototype. The front will be changed so you cant look through the glass.

Netherspark

Chassis Packer
Jul 18, 2020
I have to say I really don't like the feet. I think the plastic base from the previous version is a million times better. Those metal bars look really weird and do not match anything else on the case.

I'm also not sure about the glass front, whether you can see through it or not. Again, I think the vertical slatted front from the earlier version looks better. Is an open front with fan mounts completely out of the question?

The overall design though is looking really good. I'll probably buy it whatever it ends up looking like (assuming it's available in silver).

Last edited:
Reactions: Funky and RAFn

m_le_fay

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2023
I don't mind the feet in chrome if there was more chrome elsewhere in the case but I think they'd be great if they were color matched

Mitohondri

Caliper Novice
Dec 14, 2021
Agree on the mesh front, and different legs

Also colour option, like green, cooper or yellow/black. White/Silver is getting boring :)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The front will be changed so you cant look through the glass.
can you share the reason for this change? personally I wouldn't mind seeing through the glass to the components inside haha

EDIT: and on the contrary to some opinions here, the feet is actually a distinction from majority of cases so I don't mind that either.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I have to say I really don't like the feet. I think the plastic base from the previous version is a million times better. Those metal bars look really weird and do not match anything else on the case.

I am also not the biggest fan of them. Maybe i can convice LianLi to chabnge them.

I don't like the glass front, It should be mesh. Those feet... what happened. They do not look appealing at all..

The case has more than enough mesh. The front should look different

euro3er

Cable Smoosher
Oct 16, 2022
The feet are out of place here and don't fit with the rest of the case whatsoever. I hope Lian Li sees that and decides to change it. The front panel can be windowed or solid, doesn't matter that much. The easiest way to put it is that this case looks like an even larger NR200, with the raised feet mod, and supports 4000 series graphics cards.

xevoryn

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2023
Where did the option go to mount the GPU in front of the CPU? This was the main selling point for me because it gives the option to utilise the full capability of mATX even with a thicker GPU. If this option goes away there is no real benefit for me in relation to an ITX case and board.
I want to reinstate my concern from Months ago. I really liked the vertical GPU mount in front of the CPU is there a reason why it went away? Because of this feature I started watching this the evolution of this case and I am currently torn to the sliger mATX case because I can build such a feature based on their changeable backplate myself.

In fact I liked the original grey design with less mesh and the rippled front much better. Don’t get me wrong the current one is also quite nice but not what I expected from the first and in between posted designs.