Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX

h2oxide

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
Are we able to remove the stock case "foot" and use our own, more conventional feet? The design seems polarising.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Are we able to remove the stock case "foot" and use our own, more conventional feet? The design seems polarising.

We are already in the revisit phase from adding feedback and experience we made with the first sample.

Is this better?

Can we install the side bracket after install tower cooler like NH-D15S or FC140?
No

ripton

Cable Smoosher
Sep 2, 2019
I like this design as well, but I think having the I/O on top looks better and is a little bit better functionally as it allows easier access when the case is placed lower on the ground (it is a small case so the top is always accessible), plus with a few 90 degree adapters it can very easily turn into a vertical case.
I think I understand why you went with bottom I/O - it is easy to rotate the case and keep the stand?

That is only my opinion of course :) but really love the fact that you guys are listening to the feedback! This case is literally turning into my dream case and following it’s design and engineering phase is very exciting!

Also one thing, you said that the only difference to a box are the grooves and the stand, and while I prefer these new case feet, I think that adding a second colour tone would give it a great character - something like the Q58, something subtle though, darker/lighter white/black colour.

mecher

Efficiency Noob
Jul 2, 2020
Is it possible to make the side bracket into two pieces? So when using tower cooler with max height, we can keep one or two fan on the side bracket.

And also I like the previous design of the feet, I know it may reduce much fan performance, but it make the case design more outstanding

Reactions: Bonusround

schneeland

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2021
Is this better?
I like the stand better than the one in the previous design.
As others have said: I/O ports on the top look better (the new design doesn't look terrible, though, so if top I/O cannot be achieved without compromising functional aspects, so be it).

Reactions: tylerrobb

SomeRandomDeafDude

Trash Compacter
Dec 4, 2019
Not gonna lie... I am looking forward to a final build that is both SFF and water cooled. This does tick off several of my checks. Especially the potential for a twin 360mm rad build. I have an NR200 currently and it looks a bit challenging to put such a setup in there. I do also have several other cases in my "Watercooled SFF endgame" folder along with a document stating what I might do for the build. This case: added to the list. Looking forward to the case's progression.

solis

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2022
Not gonna lie... I am looking forward to a final build that is both SFF and water cooled. This does tick off several of my checks. Especially the potential for a twin 360mm rad build. I have an NR200 currently and it looks a bit challenging to put such a setup in there. I do also have several other cases in my "Watercooled SFF endgame" folder along with a document stating what I might do for the build. This case: added to the list. Looking forward to the case's progression.
Yeah I have an NR200 and 2x280s simply will not fit without extensive modding - extending the height of the case in some way with 3d prints, which imo isn’t sturdy and doesn’t look good. Much rather have a case that’s actually built for it. This looks like the one.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Timeless

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2021
So in sandwitch mode the case only fits a 2-slot GPU?
Is there a potential for a 4 slot GPU to sag? I thinking on putting this case in a carry on luggage/back pack whenever I travel.

adeshprasad

Case Bender
New User
Sep 4, 2022
Hello. The Lian Li Q58 has a single 2.5" quick/hot swap... is it possible to offer this? Thanks!
If it can't fit in the front panel like the Q58, I believe there is space below the PSU assuming a SFX PSU is used...

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Will there be a vented front panel for the ATX PSU? Seems suboptimal to have the PSU fan towards the inside fighting with the CPU cooler for air, especially since it seems like the PSU is basically just dumping its heat into the bottom of the case to be sucked up by the CPU cooler. I'd think it would alleviate the issue some if the PSU was taking in its own supply of fresh air from the front.

Ald0s

Cable Smoosher
Nov 6, 2020
Is there an approx ETA for this case? I know it's still in design but it'd be good to know when I might be able to get one to plan the inevitable RTX40XX build.

Reactions: Bioforce

cLRLYY

Case Bender
New User
Sep 17, 2022
If this case supported top and bottom 360mm rads (with a SFX PSU) if would for sure be the next go to SFF custom loop case. dual loop 360mm at around 20L while still being able to look at everything through the glass sidepanel would be insane.

I hope the top mount option for a radiator will still be considered (without the need to invert the case). Seems to theoretically have enough space for it if you move the SFX PSU low enough.

Would for sure be my next case if you manage to support dual rads in that orientation.