Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX

yata

Case Bender
New User
Oct 14, 2022
I personally think that they can make it a bit more optimize. maybe change the 360mm rad support to 280mm (from what I know most 360 AIO perform about the same as 280mm) and maybe have the max GPU support shrink down from 395mm to sth like 350mm? 395mm is a bit overkill IMO. The case might be a bit fatter and taller but way shorter and shrink down a bit.

Again I am not saying the case is bad, its great actually and seeing what Dan did with his products I have no doubt that he think of everything when designing this case and still do to further improve it. But from my experience with doing some one off PC case design, I think the case can be further shrunk down without sacrificing too much performances.
I plan on building a custom loop. Dual 360mm rad'll give me a peace of mind for future builds. If you want 280mm support, there's the C4, only ITX tho.

Reactions: thelaughingman

akuma2097

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 2, 2020

Introduction

The A3-ATX is the new collaboration project between Lian Li Ltd. and DAN Cases.
The result is a sub 20L case with support for dual 360 radiators, 4.5 Slot GPUs, ATX and SFX power supplies and mATX motherboard.

- One day Lian Li asked me if am interested in designing a mATX Case - and I agreed. -

Possibilities

The traditional hardware layouts allows for tower heatsinks with up to 155mm in height. With the radiator bracket it is possible to install 120, 140, 240 or 280mm or 360 radiators with 25mm thick fans for the best cooling results. For both the traditional and sandwich layout you can install 4.5 slot GPUs with a length up to 395mm. Three 120mm fan mount points at the top of the case allows for indirect GPU cooling. In sandwich mode you will be able to install a 360 AIO at the top of the case.

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D):
275 x 178 x 410mm, 20L
Overall Dimensions: 300 x 175 x 410mm (including case feets)

Graphic cards support: 4.5 Slot GPU up to 395mm length
Motherboard support: mATX, Mini-ITX, DTX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L, ATX
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 158mm in height.
Case Fans: 3x120 at the top and 3x120 or 2x 140mm at radiator bracket
Water cooling support: up to dual 360mm radiator with 120x120x25mm fans

Drives: up to 4 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Power button: Premium-grade button
Top IO: USB-A, Audio, Mic, USB-C

Material: 1,5mm aluminum (outer panels), 1.2mm steel (inner parts)
Side panels: Easily clipp able with LianLi Push Pin technology
Colors: Anodized black(maybe dark grey) or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Gallery

Beautiful 🤩 case. When will it be available in Australia 🇦🇺 or deliverable to Australia 🇦🇺 and also price?

akuma2097

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 2, 2020

Introduction

The A3-ATX is the new collaboration project between Lian Li Ltd. and DAN Cases.
The result is a sub 20L case with support for dual 360 radiators, 4.5 Slot GPUs, ATX and SFX power supplies and mATX motherboard.

- One day Lian Li asked me if am interested in designing a mATX Case - and I agreed. -

Possibilities

The traditional hardware layouts allows for tower heatsinks with up to 155mm in height. With the radiator bracket it is possible to install 120, 140, 240 or 280mm or 360 radiators with 25mm thick fans for the best cooling results. For both the traditional and sandwich layout you can install 4.5 slot GPUs with a length up to 395mm. Three 120mm fan mount points at the top of the case allows for indirect GPU cooling. In sandwich mode you will be able to install a 360 AIO at the top of the case.

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D):
275 x 178 x 410mm, 20L
Overall Dimensions: 300 x 175 x 410mm (including case feets)

Graphic cards support: 4.5 Slot GPU up to 395mm length
Motherboard support: mATX, Mini-ITX, DTX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L, ATX
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 158mm in height.
Case Fans: 3x120 at the top and 3x120 or 2x 140mm at radiator bracket
Water cooling support: up to dual 360mm radiator with 120x120x25mm fans

Drives: up to 4 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Power button: Premium-grade button
Top IO: USB-A, Audio, Mic, USB-C

Material: 1,5mm aluminum (outer panels), 1.2mm steel (inner parts)
Side panels: Easily clipp able with LianLi Push Pin technology
Colors: Anodized black(maybe dark grey) or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Gallery

Hello 🙂👋👋 just wondering when this pc case will be available for sale in Australia or shipping to Australia and it’s pricin?

euro3er

Cable Smoosher
Oct 16, 2022
I was reading through the thread and noticed some discussion on the feet design, and I would like to say that I prefer the original design choice more than the rounded feet that was proposed as the change. I feel the flow of the case looks better with the original design choice that was first proposed and after watching the digital expo video, it looks like it can be raised 10mm as well.

alfdpw

Chassis Packer
Oct 19, 2022
I was reading through the thread and noticed some discussion on the feet design, and I would like to say that I prefer the original design choice more than the rounded feet that was proposed as the change. I feel the flow of the case looks better with the original design choice that was first proposed and after watching the digital expo video, it looks like it can be raised 10mm as well.
I second your opinion. As @dondan said on one of the posts:
The front and the stand are the only two design Elements that differ this case from a generic box :D
The only 2 things I personally think that can be improved, in otherwise exceptionally looking case, are 1) single combo jack for audio and 2) if possible to optimise and reduce the volume to ~19L.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
I will not answer release and design questions because the case is still in development. I made a complete new drawing for LianLi so the case could be look different at the end.
Questions like " is my GPU with its block at 160mm Wide fit in there ? " is ok ? ^^'

• Haha
Reactions: tafinel

PotatoPowerPlug

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2020
The length needed for a matx motherboard + atx power supply means it supports a 360 by default. They didn't make the case larger just for the rad.
You only need around 330mm to 340mm to fit both a MATX Mobo (244mm) and a ATX psu (86mm thickness) with the configuration option shown in the render. Unless you place the PSU with its fans facing either of the side panel, then yes the 400mm is needed. But I'm yet to see that in the render so I'm not convinced. I understand the appeal of fitting a 360mm rad into the case and so far I think for the amount of hardware support, the size is good. I just wish that It can be a bit smaller and you can fit both MATX board and ATX psu without considering the 360 rad.
I plan on building a custom loop. Dual 360mm rad'll give me a peace of mind for future builds. If you want 280mm support, there's the C4, only ITX tho.
The c4 is a good case, but I don't think it can fit a 4090.

m-power

Case Bender
New User
Nov 1, 2022
I am so excited about this project, Dan. I have already bought parts for this m-ATX master. Corsair SF750 is a bit expensive but I need to fit 3070 TI rog strix monster inside. Can you update us all about the future plans of this case and should we expect it this year or Q1 2023?
Also, it would be neat if the PSU pocket could be transparent somehow or just without that side so we can see our beautiful PSUs.

Goldman

Case Bender
New User
Nov 3, 2022
A couple of questions:
How bad would it be to make the case kinda wider, so that the PSU is horizontal (with electricity connector on the left side(where gpu is). And use that additional width space for cable management + maybe storage, and fits 140mm fans on top)

Also, how about dual-chamber? (like the o11 mini, but actually matx)
It would also be bigger, but again that space would be useful for cable management, and maybe more storage, also save some length.

(I know what i'm talking about is kinda out of the "sff" space, but they're just random ideas)

Tyki

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2016
This looks amazing, especially with ITX mobos getting far too expensive in the current generation with MATX being half the price. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing what the final compatibility looks like.

cjbag9314

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 20, 2019
I am very interested in this case .

Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX. I am curious about the power supply placement ,​

Is it like the cereburus x case with the power supply over the cpu.

And info on a date i can purchase one.
Thank You!
Have a very merry Christmas and new year.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX. I am curious about the power supply placement ,​

Is it like the cereburus x case with the power supply over the cpu.
you can refer to the renders in the 1st post - PSU is next to the motherboard like most sandwich layout, or rotate 90 degrees towards the front

Yhano

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 10, 2022
Can we assume for a horizontal GPU orientation that the allowed height of the CPU cooler is also the allowed width of the GPU including its power connector? Or could there be obstructions near the bottom/top that reduces the allowed width?

PS: I love the original design. Makes it stand out from all the other cases imo.