Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX

ebolamonkey3

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2021
@dondan is there a reason most of the cases you make don't have front perforations? My Lian Li Q58 (I know not your case) front panel heats up quite a bit especially with a FE card as the hot air sits right there. Even without the ability to mount a fan in the front, having performated front panel should help dissipate some of the heat. In the case of this case you can then flip the PSU and have the fan get fresh air from the front instead of taking in hot air from the GPU.

cLRLYY

Case Bender
New User
Sep 17, 2022
Im guessing its a while away then.

Anyone got a recommendation for a mATX case that can take a next gen 40xx card and a 360 rad?
I switched to the Asus Prime AP201 a few days ago to prepare for dual 360mm custom loop. great case for a really fair price. supports mATX, full size PSU and top + bottom 360mm radiator. its over 30L in volume though, so not exactly what I'd call small.

Would switch to the smaller Dan A3 mATX though if they manage to support top and bottom rads

jargman

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 23, 2022
Really like this design. My current pc is a A4 H20 build. One thing in regards to sandwich layout, maybe you could offer another back plate like the Jonsplus i100 to have both the motherboard and the gpu facing outwards. From what I can tell, the gpu would cover the cpu which is kind of a bummer. Love that there is support for a 360mm rad.

ripton

Cable Smoosher
Sep 2, 2019
With the newly announced CPUs and GPUs this case is turning out to be the holy grail (and the future) of SFF builds. If you want extreme performance this year it is impossible to go smaller than 20L. Even NR200p will have compatibility issues with some of the RTX 4000 series cards. Also the x670 and z790 motherboards are having very few (and limited) ITX boards so mATX would be preferred.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Case looks amazing! wondering if it supports Noctua NH-U12A.
I would assume that's what it's intended to use considering it supports up to 158mm and the NH-U12A is supposedly 158mm tall. In the pictures you can see that even an NH-D15S fits if you use 120mm fans instead of 140mm.

michael_lllll

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 12, 2022
A3-mATX with EKWB 360AIO in classic and sandwich

May I ask what is the height limit for aio bump when in sandwich mode (GPU is on top of the CPU)

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
What is the max height for a PSU - ATX?

"Water cooling support: up to dual 360mm radiator with 120x120x25mm fans" - Is this on the top and bottom?

This is my first mini-case setup. From the looks - when the PSU is mounted on the left side of the case. The heat from the PSU vents is right in the upper radiator.

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
What is the max height for a PSU - ATX?

"Water cooling support: up to dual 360mm radiator with 120x120x25mm fans" - Is this on the top and bottom?

This is my first mini-case setup. From the looks - when the PSU is mounted on the left side of the case. The heat from the PSU vents is right in the upper radiator.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Hey may I ask, I got this Card:

with this Block:

it is said to be totally 160mm from terminal to PCIE connection. Is there gonna be any luck with it to fit in this case ? 😅😅

Reactions: bellerophon

yata

Case Bender
New User
Oct 14, 2022
Will it be possible to run top and bottom 360mm radiator if I use sfx psu? 1-1.5 slot gpu block of course.

Reactions: cLRLYY

kyotoneko

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 16, 2022
We are already in the revisit phase from adding feedback and experience we made with the first sample.

Is this better?

No
The original feet design looked unique and a 1000 times better. You are the designer, you shouldn't be listening to customer requests regarding design.
Most customers (perfectly represented in this comment section) don't know anything about design, they just want whatever already exists and won't accept change until that "new thing" becomes the norm, then they'll accept it and the circle starts again.
Now it looks like every other no brand Chinese case out there.

euro3er

Cable Smoosher
Oct 16, 2022
This looks sooo good. I currently have an NR200 and am looking for an SFF case that's still SFF, but bigger to have larger radiator and video card size support. This is looking to check all those boxes, dual 360mm radiator support and the sizes that these newer video cards are at right now.

How would you install two 360mm here? One on top and one on bottom or one on top and one on the side?

PotatoPowerPlug

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2020
with GPu getting bigger and bigger, high wattage SFX psu being extremely expensive and cpu getting hotter and hotter, this seems to be a great choice for high performance SFF built. However I think 20L is a bit too big and the case can be a bit smaller. There is SFF case call the Jimu D+ D (its started as a FromD T1 clone but later revision seems to became its own thing) that can fit almost the same hardware, with the exception on worst GPU compatibilities at 328mm 4 slots and 280 rad max, at a way smaller 14.8L volumn.

I'm not saying the case should be that small, in fact one of the draw back of that case is that 328mm seems to be too small for most 4090 on the market today, and the case being extremely expensive don't helps either. But I think this case could be a bit smaller (say about 18L) without loose too much of the current hardware compatibilities.

But Overall I am very exited for this case, its great to see better space efficient case design in the mainstream market.

Templeton

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 1, 2020
with GPu getting bigger and bigger, high wattage SFX psu being extremely expensive and cpu getting hotter and hotter, this seems to be a great choice for high performance SFF built. However I think 20L is a bit too big and the case can be a bit smaller. There is SFF case call the Jimu D+ D (its started as a FromD T1 clone but later revision seems to became its own thing) that can fit almost the same hardware, with the exception on worst GPU compatibilities at 328mm 4 slots and 280 rad max, at a way smaller 14.8L volumn.

I'm not saying the case should be that small, in fact one of the draw back of that case is that 328mm seems to be too small for most 4090 on the market today, and the case being extremely expensive don't helps either. But I think this case could be a bit smaller (say about 18L) without loose too much of the current hardware compatibilities.

But Overall I am very exited for this case, its great to see better space efficient case design in the mainstream market.
The A3 is a mATX case, thus it will be very difficult to shrink its size
As of now it seems very optimized for all the hardware that can fit in it

PotatoPowerPlug

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2020
The A3 is a mATX case, thus it will be very difficult to shrink its size
As of now it seems very optimized for all the hardware that can fit in it
I personally think that they can make it a bit more optimize. maybe change the 360mm rad support to 280mm (from what I know most 360 AIO perform about the same as 280mm) and maybe have the max GPU support shrink down from 395mm to sth like 350mm? 395mm is a bit overkill IMO. The case might be a bit fatter and taller but way shorter and shrink down a bit.

Again I am not saying the case is bad, its great actually and seeing what Dan did with his products I have no doubt that he think of everything when designing this case and still do to further improve it. But from my experience with doing some one off PC case design, I think the case can be further shrunk down without sacrificing too much performances.

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
I personally think that they can make it a bit more optimize. maybe change the 360mm rad support to 280mm (from what I know most 360 AIO perform about the same as 280mm) and maybe have the max GPU support shrink down from 395mm to sth like 350mm? 395mm is a bit overkill IMO. The case might be a bit fatter and taller but way shorter and shrink down a bit.

Again I am not saying the case is bad, its great actually and seeing what Dan did with his products I have no doubt that he think of everything when designing this case and still do to further improve it. But from my experience with doing some one off PC case design, I think the case can be further shrunk down without sacrificing too much performances.
The length needed for a matx motherboard + atx power supply means it supports a 360 by default. They didn't make the case larger just for the rad.