Lian Li/DAN A3-mATX

bellerophon

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 29, 2020
Hey may I ask, I got this Card:

with this Block:

it is said to be totally 160mm from terminal to PCIE connection. Is there gonna be any luck with it to fit in this case ? 😅😅
I have the same GPU block thats roughly close to yours which is 155mm in height. Hopefully we could a 3d file to mock up it 😂

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here is a concept for the new A3 i am working on. The final case will be between 22 and 25L.

Sry for the bad quality on the mesh parts. Its a screenshot out of solid works. Also the feets arent final.

Last edited:

shangor

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 19, 2022
Looks inspired by Fractal Design North (a good thing).
It probably wasn't easy giving up <20L. I'm sure it's for better airflow (eg bottom/top fans).

This could be the smallest matx case with few compromises, compared to the now very popular Asus AP201.

The only thing is that I expected it to be on sale sometime in March/April. That doesn't seem very likely now.

bellerophon

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 29, 2020
Here is a concept for the new A3 i am working on. The final case will be between 22 and 25L.

Sry for the bad quality on the mesh parts. Its a screenshot out of solid works. Also the feets arent final.
Will there be 3D file for this where we can mockup some parts :) kinda like what ssupd meshilicious provided.

alfdpw

Chassis Packer
Oct 19, 2022

I liked the original feet much more. They were very aesthetically pleasing.

itsmebob

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 14, 2023

I was eagerly awaiting the sub 20l a3-matx case to succeed ones like Sama IM01 for the longest time. 22-25l can't be considered sff, completely strips away its original charm imo.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I understad your critic, but in this project i do not make the requirements for supported hardware.

oynasun

Efficiency Noob
Aug 11, 2019

Hi @dondan will this support ASRock's GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 for EPYC 9004?

alldaybig

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 26, 2021

Looks better than the original design! I love it! No worries about the slightly larger size than the og design, I think it needs to be more feature full than small.

alldaybig

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 26, 2021

Looks better than the original design! I love it! No worries about the slightly larger size than the og design, I think it needs to be more feature full than small.

DriverDaily

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2022
I like the extra size and the front of the case,
But I don't love the mesh. Also, I wish the seam between the side and top/bottom panles was on the top and bottom and not the sides.