Production Lazer3D CG7 Cravo - Low profile silent case (slim mATX | mini itx)

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I love the retro styling. Looking forward to the final design!
Thanks!

also for the general updates:
The case will be reaching my hand next week so we are a bit slow, yes, but steady moving to the final stages :)
I'll do a round up of testings here just to make sure there's nothing to adjust before the launch

Last edited:

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Thanks!

also for the general updates:
The case will be reaching my hand next week so we are a bit slow, yes, but steady moving to the final stages :)
I'll do a round up of testings here just to make sure there's nothing to adjust before the launch

Just want to let my feedback...it’s amazing! Really like the „final“ look! Happy to see the project moving it’s final steps! ;) Could you take some pictures with your testing configuration when your going to work inside the case? Just to get a better overview.

Reactions: owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Just want to let my feedback...it’s amazing! Really like the „final“ look! Happy to see the project moving it’s final steps! ;) Could you take some pictures with your testing configuration when your going to work inside the case? Just to get a better overview.
Oh I will take a lot of photos :)
for the test system I will be using my i7 4790, a sesonic 300w 80 plus gold psu and for the motherboard I'm sourcing is a cheap ''dtx'' so, 1 pci 1 slot and 1 pci x16.
its really hard to find lga1150 itx these days so I'll go with that as its a temporary system and I wont be overclocking anyway

for the micro atx setup I'll using some parts my brother is getting for his new system, so it will be a micro atx APU system, as the difference in price of these motherboards (here in brazil) allow us to pay for a decent 160w dc-atx power supply and still have cash left.

for most of you going micro atx is a matter of choice rather than budget I suppose. as it allow capture cards, sound cards and gpus at the same time.

Reactions: K888D

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Oh i forgot this case support micro atx :p
But even with a tfx psu ?
Not in the 7 litter (CG7) model and its not full micro ATX. I think that this will be more clear as soon I take some pictures with the hardware inside :)

Reactions: jujudk

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Speaking of mATX could hold a cheap but rather potent system if you took a plunge with one of the Chinese brand X79 mATX motherboards and a used Xeon chip. For the price it's not a bad value.

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Speaking of mATX could hold a cheap but rather potent system if you took a plunge with one of the Chinese brand X79 mATX motherboards and a used Xeon chip. For the price it's not a bad value.

Interesting, but those dimms slots seems huge ...
But ecc ddr3 might come way cheaper , interesting ^^

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Here are the full specs of the product. They seem to be for regular DDR3 dimms but as I no longer have a board that supports DDR3 can't tell if they are really that size anymore.

The biggest drawback I can find is the lack of USB 3.0 interface, so all your fast data transfer will have to come through SATA or network interface. But I like all those USB 2.0 ports for loads of peripherals.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017

holy molly that's something really unique!!

I gave a look at that newegg page and found this other model
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC5F6X40831
I thing that this model would be a even better deal, considering that it has at least another pci-e x16 to add usb 3.0 and 4 ddr3 slots
I'm not sure if it fits but I think it might. I'll check this asap

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
It is 25.3 cm long so it is slightly longer than a typical micro ATX board. It has enough room for 5 slots (with one left out) so it's like somewhere between ATX and mATX.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
yup it fits!
and quite comfortably I'd say

this doesn't allow for bottom fans over 12mm (so some 80x10 might fit)
and the rest its quite fine.
hdplex 300w should fit just fine. but it would block the seccond pci-e x16 in that motherboard, not sure if that would be desired

I'd love to see that built someday

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
This is a plan for the bigger version ?
I might actually build that, i mean ecc ddr3 is way cheaper than ddr4, same goes for the cpu
Just the gpu left...

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
This is a plan for the bigger version ?
I might actually build that, i mean ecc ddr3 is way cheaper than ddr4, same goes for the cpu
Just the gpu left...

this is actually the 7L Model, with the TFX psu removed and with the alternative i/o panel.

I'll try to explain it better with pictures this week :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
smallish update

yesterday was my 1 year forum anniversary and yesterday I got the case in my hands :)
I'm still a bit cathartic,I know it may sound cheesy but I'm really happy with it and it is symbolic for me.
Its really nice in person, the texture feels great. I have a few things here and there to fix but overall I'm really liking this a LOT!
Expect some pictures down the week but only for the case assembly thought. I'll have to wait at least another week for some parts to arrive because the store mixed up my psu.. sigh

Also, the new screws improved quite a bit the looks of it, here's some photos with a banana for scale:

sorry for the scale joke