Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Production will be a much smoother matte finish.

For anyone that has ordered/orders a preproduction unit Sliger will send you a new set of panels in any of the available colors when the SFX power cords ship out. New panel set will also address the panel gaps.

Looking forward to feedback on builds, please post any and all issues we and KI will get them addressed.
Great thanks from all early adopters..:D

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Oh wow...each run won't depend on a batch of power cords and the price of steel from across the Pacific will it? Or should I prepare for a second, maybe third thread-versary?

The shipment of power cables we're getting should cover several batches.

For anyone that has ordered/orders a preproduction unit Sliger will send you a new set of panels in any of the available colors when the SFX power cords ship out. New panel set will also address the panel gaps.

Well that's kind of you to offer :D

Can someone supply the measurements of the top panel holder holes going across?

I'll have to get back to you on that since my workstation is down unless someone can measure theirs.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Really interested in this case the more I think about it as it be a perfect replacement for my old bobslay v1 case. Where would I sign up for knowing when the next run be up?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Welcome!
Just clearly state what variant you arr interested in ( micro atx cerberus or full atx cerberus-x). James will add you on waiting list..:)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
any ideas when is this will be available to order (again) ?

Not sure yet, it'll depend on feedback from these units. There are a few things we already know need tweaked, but if there turns out to be some major issue we've somehow overlooked until now, that could delay production quite a bit as we address it. Otherwise we'll need to do one more pre-production run (in a month or two, but it'll be a small run like this) and then if that turns out well on to general production.

Obligatory pic of you swimming in cables ?

The cables are going straight to Sliger so maybe they can oblige :p

Where would I sign up for knowing when the next run be up?

For pre-production it'll be announced here first. If there isn't enough interest here to get all the units spoken for then we'll move onto the mailing list: https://kimeraindustries.com/subscribe

Which is also a good way to get notified on general production.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
There are a few things we already know need tweaked.

Care to share? Anything affecting compatibility or longevity?

For pre-production it'll be announced here first.

For clarification, the next batch will come with cables for a front-SFX setup, yes? Any chance we can get extra panels during this next run or separately during general production?

Reactions: mirshko

Lyzie

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 25, 2017
So I'm switching up my GPU, trying to plan with this case in mind. I looked at the thermal testing, seems like the standard blower vs open air tradeoffs (hot GPU vs hot cpu/mobo, loud vs quiet). I got a FE right now and it's pretty loud under loads. I'm not a very experienced builder. Does anyone have any recommendations for the 1080ti FE vs open air models w/ Cerberus?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
C'mon now! Some of you have received y'alls cases already, where are the build logs at???
Well, it's new case...we need some times making trials..:)

Personnally i'll start by making a prototype with my current mini itx setup, in order to see what really feasible in terms of cable management, thermal, etc...:)
Expected date : early may...as @Josh | NFC will make first a review of my case...:)

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
So I'm switching up my GPU, trying to plan with this case in mind. I looked at the thermal testing, seems like the standard blower vs open air tradeoffs (hot GPU vs hot cpu/mobo, loud vs quiet). I got a FE right now and it's pretty loud under loads. I'm not a very experienced builder. Does anyone have any recommendations for the 1080ti FE vs open air models w/ Cerberus?

cerberus is a little different. you have the nice option of running the noctua nh-c14s with the fan on top taking cold air directly in from the side vent, so you shouldn't see the same problem with heat from an open air cooler spilling over onto CPU temps. on the other hand, if you only have the CPU fan and a front intake fan, then half of the intake air into the case is coming through that heatsink, which is even worse than usual for an open air cooler. personally, i would not run open air in that situation. if you can put two intake fans on the bottom of the case, then open air should work really well. i think that would be the ideal. two front intakes (on cerberus-x) should be good, too, or a combination of front and bottom.

(also, the 1080ti blower is not as loud as i expected it to be. it ramps up gently and temps respond well to additional case air intake.)

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
@MarcParis im actually very keen on yours since you have been interested in non blower cards. You can't deprive us now, I'd love to see a temporary itx build in Cerberus. Please take some pics and share your experiences bro.